Shiba Inu Aikokai Specialty - Shikoku Booth

13»

Comments

• edited November -1
    The worst is if I know someone uses Firefox. It automatically spell checks everything for you so there is NO excuse
  • edited November -1
    I didn't know that...maybe I should switch to Firefox.
  • edited November -1
    There are about a thousand reasons to switch to Firefox (more secure, faster, easier to navigate). You will love it.
  • edited January 2009
    I've used both, and I still like IE better. Personally I don't find Firefox any faster or easier to navigate than IE, and I'm fairly certain the security is the same.
  • edited November -1
    I use IE and have the Google Toolbar which has spell check. I am a horribly bad speller.
  • edited November -1
    friend of mine is a professional hacker (companies hire him to learn how secure their systems really are)

When I asked him which to use, his words were "If you want your system attacked, use IE."

Brad, Dave mentioned to me you used IE. I have to say I was shocked. Every computer person I know, will only use Firefox.

But as with everything, we all have our preferences.
  • edited November -1
    I've used IE but lately I've been having problems regarding spawning multiple tabs for threads on this forum. After I close one down, IE goes into this huge fit of spawning tab after tab of new windows, and the only way I can stop it is to do a force close (happens both at work and at home).

I may have to start using Firefox on this forum...

Jesse
  • edited January 2009
    According to what I've learned, FF is just as insecure as IE, perhaps moreso, FF just releases patches quicker. 2007 vulnerability comparison.

I see them as essentially the same browser. It all comes down to personal preference. I like FF's add-ons, but since most of them don't work in v3, I'll just stick with IE.
  • edited November -1
    Actually, market share has a lot to do with security. IE still has the lion's share of the browser market so it tends to be targeted for attacks most frequently. Same with the windows operating system (vs. os x or *nix). Someday, when firefox rules the world, it will be attacked the most.
  • edited November -1
    I don't care which browser I use as long as IE6 goes away! (web developer by profession).

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    So...

...everyone who was planning on attending has decided that we do our meet-up somewhere else?

-------------------------------

I normally will "edit" my posts if I see something is wrong. Most of the time I don't care about spelling, not a good speller so if it sounds close enough...that's good for me! I'm very typical on "run-on" sentences though.
  • edited November -1
    Hey Corina,
    It'd be interesting to go to the BSA for sure, but it doesn't hold as much context for me as a meet-up would. I get to see and meet the people and dogs in person that I read so much about. If they both happened at the same time and I had to choose one, the meet-up holds more pull for me than attending the BSA show (who wouldn't want to meet members of the Brad-pack???). And I think some people were going to travel considerable distances for it (ie. Evan).

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Call me a bad person, but I judge people on how they present themselves through writing on the internet. I don't have much else to go on. Also, it's part of my job and I guess it carries over. It's good practice for the real world to use proper grammar in non-professional communications anyway. :-P
  • edited November -1
    I have what Noah calls a literal disorder, in that I tend to take things literally all the time. So if something has a grammatical/spelling error, I have a hard time understanding it.
  • edited February 2009
    Ok, just to be straight.... The BSA show is on Sunday March 8 at the South Gardena Park in Gardena, right? I've never been, I'm very interested in Shiba's. In fact I attended my first dog show at the Ventura Fairgrounds.
  • edited November -1
    What would an alternative event/destination be for a meetup as the BSA is out? Ike is out of coat so I will be waiting until the late spring/summer before doing any shows now I guess but we can still travel to a meet.
  • edited November -1
    Sadly my new flute purchase got bumped up because we decided that the trek down to CA wouldn't be quite the same without the BSA show. So right now finances dictate that we'll be at home on that weekend.

Lindsay - let me know when you have Ike in something around WA and we'll be sure to come check him out!! :o)
  • edited November -1
    Ok, lets get this thread back on track...

----

Since we can't do a booth at the Aikokai Specialty I think we need to change the dates of the meet up so that anyone who wants to attend both can do so.

How about we move the meet up to the 21st or 22nd of March?

Lets plan to meet somewhere and do a hike / picnic type thing. How does that sound?

We can just plan to have a nice forum meet up - no booth or anything like that. We will plan for the booth later this year or next year.

I dunno the southern cali are, so I will rely on you guys to come up with a location. I know Romi and Corina have done lots of hikes and will have good ideas.

I would like to get a count of how many people are going so that we can all plan - lets try to get a nice size group for the meet up so that there is more incentive for people to join us.

How does this sound to everyone? How many people would attend something like this?

----
  • edited November -1
    I would LOVE to go with the kids, but we will just be settling into the new house so we will have to skip this one. We will be at the Madison WI Shiba Picnic in August though!
  • edited November -1
    There is a nice big park in Irvine, CA - Mason Regional Park - There is a lot of grass, lake, and I believe there are hiking/biking trails. Last time we went, we just went around the park to check everything out. There is also a nice hiking spot in Orange, CA - which was really nice (it was the last hike Corina and I went on) - I think Corina mentioned that there is also a 300 acre dog park in Corona, CA - it costs 15 dollars to enter, but dogs can be offleash and the place is huge! I'm sure there are other places in LA/SD - I guess it depends where everyone feels comfortable meeting.
  • edited November -1
    I am going to be in SoCal but only until March 14 :( I wish I could have made it and see all the beautiful Nihon Ken
  • edited November -1
    I am open to sliding the dates to a different weekend if that will work better for the majority.

----
  • edited November -1
    Hey Romi,
    Isn't Mason Regional park (the place where Ichi fell into the duck pond...) $3 for vehicles to enter? I agree it's a beautiful park. I went there over the weekend and they were renovating the bridge. We met a man walking a giant Shiba (really a B&T Jindo) while we were there.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Romi - Yes...Prado Dog Park. It's 585 acres of land for doggies to run off leash. It's in Chino Hills, CA.
    It's $15 per person or couple with 2 dogs. Then an additional $3 for each extra dog.

Brad - A hike and picnic sound great. Prado really would be a great place, lots of space and we can bring things for our dogs to do (games). March 21st or 22nd "should" be okay for me. I'll have to double check for upcoming trial dates. We (local Belgian Malinois Club) are hosting a kind of "show n go" or trial in March (no sure on dates yet).

Everyone - Let us know which dates will work for you. Reguardless of when the "Forum Meet-up" is. If you're visiting Southern California for a bit, you should totally hit a few of us locals up. We live here -smiles-.
  • edited November -1
    Well I'll be in Southern California from Feb 15 to March 15 :) I'll make a post about it
  • edited November -1
    Everyone who is excited about the upcoming Shiba Show, if you still wish to attend...by all means please do! The show is still going to be held in March. Especially if you've never been to one before, I encourage you to go and spectate. It is a good demostration of the "Nippo style" way of showing. Go learn, experience and have fun!

----------------------

I'm going to move our "Forum Meet-up" into a new thread. This one is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.