Shiba Inu Aikokai Specialty - Shikoku Booth

Comments

• edited November -1
    I think just Shikoku and Kai. Since most people already know about Japanese Akita. Or perhaps you can make pamplets for Japanese Akita, but do not display them. If somebody requests then you can give it out. I asked permission only for promoting Shikoku and Kai ken.

I say this because Akita already have an established club and breed show.

Akiho has their Specialty show at same location, in February I believe. I actually want to try and go to this. I will not take Lynx but I will try to get special permission from Akiho president to bring Shoushuu. Or maybe I will just go as spectator.

We can brainstorm and be creative in another thread on these pamplets, we have 3 months. However you would like to "topic" the thread or threads.
  • edited November -1
    hmmm... Maybe we shouldn't bring any Akita then????
  • edited November -1
    Sorry - haven't checked up for a while - we'll be there, only bringing the shikoku
  • edited November -1
    News from BSA President:

She has planted "the seed" but she says we will have to wait to see until January to find out what the club's response will be for next year's BSA show (since it'll be a large group this time). Humans are allowed to come and spectate. Our dogs are on a "stand-by".

Back-up plan:

I'm not sure what everybody will be driving, but I still plan on going...I will leave my dogs in the truck (if we don't get the clear), set up some kind of shade for them and leave plenty of water. Then go out to the truck every now and then to check on them and give potty breaks <--- I'm use to doing this with dog trials I attend, so my dogs are accustomed to it.

Then perhaps after the show, maybe we can all go do something with our dogs (those who may be bringing dogs and have a "back-up" place to keep them during the show).

Brad - She knows...an Akita was included in the dog count I sent her. We'll just have to wait until January to see what happens.
  • edited November -1
    Even if they say no to our booth - why wouldn't we still be able to attend and bring our dogs like last year? I thought this was a public shiba show and anyone can attend with any breed?
  • edited November -1
    Since it is going to be a much larger group then last show...I guess the club's concerns are potiential avenues for "extra stuff" to happen. I know, we're all good about keeping our dogs under control....but I think maybe a liability issue. Accidents happen.

Anyone who is human can attend. I got the clear for the last 2 shows to bring non-entered/different breed dogs. The 2007 show was just me and Lynx, then in 2008 we just had a small group. It looks like for 2009 we will have a large group of people bringing dogs and will definitely stand out (for this we need all member permission - especially the booth). Now we just have to wait for word for next year's show.

Keep your paws crossed!
  • edited November -1
    Just wondering if there's any new news? I know ... it's just barely January :o) Just wanted to make arrangements :oD
  • edited November -1
    Evan, I think regardless of the outcome, you still are able to attend...since you own a shiba. I think the problem that we *might* encounter is having a booth for shikoku's and handing out information about the breed (since it is a shiba specific event). So if they say no to the booth, there will be no booth. But I'm sure we can still bring our shiba's. If for any reason, we won't be able to go...we can always have our own mini meet somewhere else!
  • edited January 2009
    True!!! I should start looking into hotels... but I'm not sure of the exact area - if anyone has anything that might help it would be great! :oD

EDIT: NM... a little scrolling up and I found what I needed! :oD
  • edited November -1
    The airports nearby are indeed LAX and Long Beach, John Wayne in Santa Ana (Airport code SNA) is a bit more of a drive away).

I can't believe how fast this event is approaching!

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    I'll give her this weekend and then I'll call her next week, if she doesn't get ahold of me first.
  • edited February 2009
    I received an e-mail today with "not so good news". The club decided to not have a Shikoku Booth at the show this year. However, everyone is still more then welcome and encouraged to attend the show.

I'll probably still bring my dogs with me cause it'll be a long day and I don't want to feel rushed to get home. They will stay in my truck though and I will go back and forth to let them out for potty breaks away from the field.

On a "good note"...we can still have a Nihon Ken Forum meet-up and bring our dogs but perhaps we can do something more active for our dogs.

The BSA show generally starts around 9am and should be finished by 3pm. We have some options, we could have our "meet-up" perhaps the day before (Saturday) with our dogs? Or meet up at the BSA Show, watch for a bit and then leave immediately afterwards or a couple of hours earlier and then do something with our dogs.

Once we pick the day we can decide on what to do:
    - Picnic
    - Hike
    - (depending on how far people are willing to drive...I might be able to get an Agility course for the day for our dogs to play on)
    - Other? Any ideas?
  • edited November -1
    Awww, sorry guys :(

But the mini-forum-meetup should be fun! Take pics for me!!!! ~
  • edited November -1
    Well that sux, and is kinda lame.

Jen and I would be interested in a meet-up, but I don't think we will bother attending the BSA show.

----
  • edited November -1
    Aw, shucks. So no spectator Shibas? That park is like 2 miles from my house so I was looking forward to just dropping by and meeting everyone's doggies. *sadface*
  • edited November -1
    Thats a bummer. I don't think I will be attending either...I would be down for a meet somewhere else. Last year it was pretty hot down in Gardena...I wouldn't want to keep my dogs kenneled for hours. If we do have a meet up, I would suggest somewhere towards the south, in OC. It's like 10 degree's cooler!
  • edited November -1
    Awww that BSA event just lost out on about a baker's dozen worth of Nihon ken attending. I'm up for a relocated meet-up.

Thanks,
    Jesse
  • edited November -1
    I would be up for a west coast Nihon Ken meetup that was closer to Oregon or so. Ok fine, I could drive to Cali if I had to. Apparently I won't be going to the March show in Seattle so March is still good.
  • edited November -1
    This I quote:
    "Another point that was brought up was that it is a 'Shiba Specialty' and not a 'Japanese dog show'."

Yeah, it's a major bummer but that's fine. They can have their specialty show and maybe someday we can correnlate and put on a Nihon Ken Specialty.

They just want to have focus on the Shibas on this day. So while it would be best to only have dogs who are showing be there. I'm sure it'll be just fine if you were to spectate and bring your "non-entry" Shiba there. At least you'll "blend" into the crowd -wink-.
  • edited November -1
    Methinks you should all come to Orlando & have a meet-up at my place...& leave the pups before you go back home.

:p ~
  • edited November -1
    Ummm. Idle curiosity is pushing me to ask...what does "correnlate" mean? :-P
  • edited November -1
    I'm with Romi. Further south would be cooler.
  • edited November -1
    I spelt it wrong, tis' without the "n" - "correlate". And it means to "organize" basically, here's a dictionary definition:
    –verb (used with object) 1. to place in or bring into mutual or reciprocal relation; establish in orderly connection.
  • edited November -1
    Dave...I'm waiting for you to make a fatal grammar / vocab / spelling error, & then, I shall deliver the final blow! moihaha~
  • edited November -1
    LOL - Grammar / spelling / vocab / math correction Karma is a bitch Dave! Watch out! LMAO
  • edited November -1
    Jeebus Dave,
    I think if you even use a colloquialism or jargon wrong the whole forum is coming after you.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Oh! Good point Brad, I forgot about the math! ~
  • edited November -1
    You guys just don't pay close enough attention. I make typos all the time. I'm anal enough that I generally proofread my posts 2 or 3 times before hitting submit and then usually once more afterward, but they still slip through on occasion. There have been a few times where I stumbled across an old post of mine and thought to myself "holy crap, how did I miss that" or "that's not even English."

As a general rule, I don't dish out what I can't take in. So bring on the karma beotches. :-P
  • edited November -1
    We'll get you one day Dave! & Your little dog too! [ Lucy <3 ] ~
  • edited November -1
    I've seen those mistakes, but I've refrained from remarking on them, so far. Spelling is by far the thing that bothers me the most. Occasionally my niece will be on the pc and check the forum, I'll get her to respond for me and she''ll have to type it twice because she likes to abbreviate words.
This discussion has been closed.