Luytiy & Masha

Comments

• edited November -1
    lol - Dave I love that!
  • edited November -1
    lmao!!! That was great :D ~
  • edited November -1
    Dave, you just made my morning! Thanks for the laugh!
  • edited November -1
    So I was chatting with a friend of mine today on IM and he asked me "Did you get that wolf killer dog beast yet?"... I was like "yea man, a few weeks ago". Then he was like "Lets see some pics!"...

So I showed him a few pics, including this one:
    This is Luytiy, our Caucasian Ovcharka

His response?

"THIS dog can kills things? Really? Like BIG things?"

LOL - I was like, yea, he is kinda cute - not very scary. Then a few minutes later he sent me this:

Wolf_HellBeast

LMAO! I think it makes a great desktop too!

----
  • edited November -1
    Is is an optical illusion? Are his eyes the same color in both pictures?
  • edited November -1
    that's cool! I might steal the desktop idea ;-). I like the original best though.
  • edited November -1
    I too like the original best. But the edit is cool.

Dave - I don't think so, the edited version has really red eyes, even the black part is red.
  • edited November -1
    Dunno man, have you ever seen the Koffka ring?
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, and the one with the cylinder casting a shadow on a checkered board.
    But here, even what was black was tinted red. I checked the RGB values :-P
  • edited November -1
    Damn. I thought it was a pretty cool optical dillusion. :-/
  • edited November -1
    Brad, just so you know, Bella spent the past hour outside pacing the yard looking for the invisible barking dog. It was actually pretty funny to watch! I played the video of Luytiy howling, and she went nuts, so we let her out, and she just paced the yard for an hour! I finally had to call her in, I was laughing so hard. :)
  • edited November -1
    Ok, I finally got some video of Luytiy guarding in the day time - nothing to extreme but it shows how watchful he is. I think it is neat how he goes and checks up on each dog, he does this constantly.

Warning: The first video has barking in it, the other 2 do not.

----
  • edited November -1
    Cool vids Brad! That is really cool how he checks on every dog.
  • edited November -1
    Great dog Brad!
  • edited November -1
    I find it so amazing that his instinct is to guard at all times. What a great dog!
  • edited November -1
    Excellent clips!

That's the great thing about dogs that were bred for a certain task. You don't need to to train it, it's just there!

He's so adorable. Gee, I thought Hilo was big, it's funny to see some size difference when Luytiy stands next to him.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, that is a SERIOUS bark he's got!
  • edited November -1
    He's taken them as his family, they're set for life! ;-)
  • edited November -1
    He looks so happy having a job to do.
  • edited December 2008
    No joke about his bark, it could stop a train! It's so much more hectic when you have other dogs to compare it too in person. Hilo has always had the loudest bark, but Luytiy's is WAY louder than Hilo's.

I like the way when he is barking towards the "threat" he kinda move his head from side-to-side to achieve the most coverage & effectiveness. It's like he is saying "I'm here and I DARE anything to come in my yard!".

You can't hear it in that clip, but his bark actually echos off the mountains - it sounds like a dog is barking back at him.

----
  • edited November -1
    He might even DARE them Bard. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    How cool! Mr Luytiy on high alert, watching over the other doggies. Interesting how they follow him, too. Mr. Kona looks like he might have a case of hero worship! Thanks for sharing the videos, Brad... Awesome doggies you have. In spite of Luytiy resembling a big, adorable teddy bear, that bark is something to be reckoned with!
  • edited November -1
    When are you picking Masha up?
  • edited November -1
    Bev - He really does look like a bear. lol He is Jen's teddy bear, not so much mine. :o\

Barbara - On the 21st between 2pm and 5pm. :o)

Dave - oops. :o\
  • edited December 2008
    Ok, who's the moron now? I couldn't even spell Brad's name correctly when correcting him. :-/
  • edited November -1
    LMAO Dave. Epic fail.
  • edited November -1
    I love the fact that he makes the Akita look small :P
  • edited November -1
    Poor Brad - "He is Jen's teddy bear, not so much mine. :o\" - you have a lot of pups who love their mommy!
  • edited November -1
    Wonderful videos. Looks like Big L really enjoys his job and keeping his people and brothers and sisters safe from anything. :)

Can't wait to see how Masha works into the pack :)
  • edited November -1
    I can't wait until I have a fast enough connection to watch these videos!