Hilo decided to give Kaia some 'love' in her crate!

edited September 2007 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
During the 'love':

Hilo give'n some love to Kaia

Post 'Love':

Post Hilo 'love'

I think Kaia's expression says it all.

Comments

• edited November -1
    I LOVE IT!!!!  This is one of the greatest things I have ever seen!!!!!!  Did he go in there on his own?  Kaia is so good at expressing what she thinks and how she feels on her face!!!
  • edited November -1

Yea, he just saw her in there and walked right in. Kaia didn't make a sound... We took that picture (in that picture he is trying to look at us but doesn't have enough room to turn around and see us) then we got Hilo to come get out of the crate by offering food - he loves food. Poor Kaia, I mean he is really infatuated with her, everywhere she goes he wants to be by her.

The issue is, he starts grooming her and then he will nibble a bit, and it hurts - he does it to us so we know it hurts - so Kaia gets pissed when he does that. I'm sure Kaia is fine with the snuggling - she LOVES to snuggle - but the nibbling is too much. Hilo just doesn't understand and I think it makes him feel like she is playing hard to get or something - so it just perpetuates.

• edited November -1

He did it again guys:

Hilo and Kaia sitting in a tree...

• edited November -1

It's official.

I am in love with a bunch of dogs I have never met.

• edited November -1
    OMG I cant wait to eat them this weekend!Tongue out
  • edited November -1

meet or eat? lol

Brad--does Hilos ears still bounce up and down or are they starting to stand up? Kenji's one ear is starting to stand up but the other one is still down, it looks so wierd, like hes deformed...lol

• edited November -1

They bounce all around still, but now it's more just the tips of his ears - the cartilage is slowly hardening, it's taking forever tho! Here is a recent clip of his bounce ears:

He is a bouncy boy.

• edited November -1
    This is hilarious.  I love it when dogs have no concept of how big they are.  Kaia is so patient.
  • edited September 2007

Aww what a funny little monster, well I guess hes not all that little though anymore! He even runs funny still! He looks like he runs like a rabbit in that clip. LOL. They are so funny when they are in that clumsey stage. Is he going to get any bigger? How much does he weigh now? He sure is cute!Sealed

• edited November -1

Brandon: Yes, I agree, Hilo has no idea how big he is. He thinks he is a little dog. Kaia is soooooo patient with him, it's really sweet.

Jamie: Hilo is 60lb now! Maybe even more that that actually - he is a big man. He is mos def in that clumsy stage, he has been since day one. lol! The running like a bunny thing concerns me actually, that can be a sign of hip dysplasia, which Akitas are prone too - we have to wait and see tho, might just be his age. He is growing so fast it's hard for his muscles to keep up.

• edited November -1
    I have a ton of videos... here is one I took of them in the crate before I took the pictures.

• edited November -1

Oh no! I hope its not hip dysplasia!Frown Does he always run like that and does he walk normal or does he hop? My kai is growing really fast too and he doesnt seem to know how to run either. He doesnt hop, but he runs sideways, its really wierd. I think maybe the dogs that grow really fast theyre muscles cant keep up. Im sure he will be fine. *crossing fingers* Do you know of anyone else that you could ask if there akita ran like that when their pup was young? or perhaps someone here is the forum knows.

• edited September 2007

He walks fine, and moves both hips, he also "trots" fine too - the bunny hop is just when he is being really crazy like that. I have been monitoring it with the vet, and talked to some nutritionists to make sure his diet is ok.

I have spoke with a few Akita owners and some tell me their dog never ran like that, and other tell me theirs did and not to worry... so I dunno what to think. It would be VERY early to already see signs so I am just gonna wait and see. Really there is nothing I can do for it other than treat with pain meds and proper nutrition.

It really sux because I wanted to pack with Hilo and train him for mushing. Frown

• edited November -1
    Yes I meant eat!  I love those monsters!
  • edited November -1

I realize shibas and akitas are not the same, but Moto bunny hops when he gets all wound up. And the female akita I used to dog sit did it too.

I wouldn't be too concerned.

Rachael, I want to eat him too, and I'm vegan!Wink

• edited November -1

Now that I think about it (well, actually Jen reminded me), Ahi used to do it too when she was a pup - but she doesn't now. So maybe he will grow out of it.

His back legs also bow in, but they have slowly gotten more and more strait - so I'm thinking it's just his growth. Ahi's bow out a bit now, which is odd but seems to be the norm for Shikokus and Wolves.

• edited November -1

brad and jen- are you thinking of breed them? hilo and kaia? if so, please let me know, i am sure the pupies is going to be good looking and smart.

• edited November -1

lol - no, Kaia is fixed. I dunno that we will ever breed. I don't think Kaia could carry one of Hilo's babies - she is too little! Surprised

They would make cute offspring tho. Smile
  • edited November -1

lol...I LOVE Kaia's expression, it's to die for!

Hilo is looking handsome. Being big and acting goofy adds to his character too! Loving him!

I think the bunny hop is just him being silly and having fun. Although, his hind end does look kinda odd =(0-o`)=. It might, yet again, just be a puppy thing. Keep an eye on it and see how he grows. It'll probably fix itself once he's matured.

• edited November -1

Hi Brad & Jen,

If I could have a pack idol, yours would be mine =) I love them all!!

• edited November -1
    Thanx!
This discussion has been closed.