Ahi the bear - a video of Ahi's odd noises

Ok, I have always written about how much Ahi growls at us, here is a video example. Obviously, in this video, Jen is provoking her to make her make odd noises but it still is a good example.

Does anyone else's Shikokus (or any type of dog for that matter) make these types of noises?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4VrjchaS8o

Comments

• edited November -1
    That is hysterical!
  • edited September 2007
    Ronan is close... he's sounds like that when he's a little annoyed and not a happy camper. He makes other, similar noises when he's just playing around and happy. The difference being that Ronan would have been in seventh heaven to be hugged and cuddled like that. Doesn't seem Ahi was so sure.
  • edited November -1

Michelle  - that's the type of info I was interested in hearing. Thanx!

I'm sure Ahi was a bit annoyed, but she also seemed to kinda enjoy it - it's like she has a mental struggle or something - like: "I really like the attention and the belly rubs, but I hate the feeling of not being in control".... well, or something like that.

• edited November -1
    what I wouldn't give to know exactly what my pets are thinking!
  • edited September 2007

LOL! And they're thinking the same thing, "What I wouldn't give to know exactly what my humans are thinking!"

Yeah, Ahi seems rather undecided on what she wants in regards to all that attention. "Okay, I like it - sorta. But don't go getting ideas in your head that I've gone all soft. I'm tough! Tough, damn it! Did you hear me? And, um, a little more to the left, okay? Yeah, right there..."

• edited November -1

Michelle - Ok, that is great! That made me laugh out loud! I think that is exactly what she is trying to tell us.

Jessica - I wonder what your Millipedes would be saying????

• edited November -1
    Something tells me they may not have that much to say. Wouldn't it be funny if I was completely wrong and they were working on the finishing touches for their opus!
  • edited September 2007

Yea, that would be funny. They have already invented cold fusion, or fixed global warming, or reached enlightenment or something, they just don't know how to tell us stupid humans how to do it. Really tho, I think they would probably say something like "Food, food, food, food, food, etc..." - I think that is probably what Hilo would say too.

Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy"? It's very funny, and clever - rather stupid - but still very entertaining. Jen and I think our dog's conversations would probably be on the level of the people in that movie. 

Hilo: "You like food and people?"

Kaia: "Yea, I love food and people."

Hilo: "I like toys too, do you like toys?"

Kaia: "Oh, I love toys and food!"

Maui: "Oh my gosh - I love food, toys, and people! You guys are blowing my mind!"

• edited November -1

Jay and I regularly create dialog for Moto and the other critters.

Something like

Moto-Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Can I have more food?

No?

Well can eat Argyle?

No?

Well why doesn't he want my toy?

Can he stop screaming at me? Can we run now? Can I eat this? Can I eat what you're eating? Um how about the table? can I eat that?

Or I guess I can lie down and chew on the bone you gave me. What do I smell? Is that cat poop? OOOOhhh I am gonna try to sneak in the kitchen without mom noticing...AAAHHHH Mom! How did you notice me? I was sneaking. Fine. Lie down. Bone.

Argyle- AAAAAHHHH GET THIS ANNOYING BOUNCY THING (moto) AWAY FROM ME. I AM THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE NOT YOU!!!!! And I DONT want your squeaky pheasant!!!

• edited November -1
    lol! Yes, that sounds like a Shiba. lol! Laughing
  • edited September 2007

...or...

Maui: "Okay, so suppose I liked food and people..."

Ahi: "Shut up, stupid. They're not listening anymore. They're gone."

Hilo: "You mean..."

Kaia: "Yes, we can stop acting weird. Now, where were we?"

Hilo: "Conspiring on how to take over the world."

Ahi: "Yes! That was it. And when we do, we'll ask for a million squeaky toys! Now, listen up chumps. We need a code."

Maui: "Oh! Like WindTalkers! I saw that once! Really cool--"

Kaii: "Enough with Nicolus Cage, alright! He looks like an emaciated Fox Terrier strung out on Alpo! He couldn't find a flea on a Chinese Crested!"

Hilo: "Code! Cool. You mean like we could scratch behind our ears for 'watch what the female human is doing."'

Ahi: "Yes, that's good. They'll never suspect."

Maui: "And lick our butts for 'must tell the underground that the plan is working.'"

***Yeah, okay. I'll go back to drinking my tea now...

• edited November -1
    hahahahahhahaahahaahaha
  • edited November -1
    You are kill'n me today Michelle. LOL! Laughing
  • edited November -1

Tension breaker. Had to be done. I feel better now. Work is being very irritating and overly silly lately. I'd explain, but you'd think I was trying to recreate Dilbert. I'm back to being the more sensible me now.

I do bet our animals are probably more confused by what we do than vice-versa. Remember, people are far too heavily based on verbal communication where animals use body language more than not.

• edited November -1

Ok yes I know I am very late but I cant resist!!

We talk for the dogs all the time.  Niko is a whiner and Sasha sounds like a big oaf.

If you have seen finding Nemo, Niko says "mine mine mine mine mine mine mine", like the seaguls.

I dont have much more to add because I have no brain power.

Anyone wanna buy a house in GA???? 

• edited November -1
    Niko wants to always know why she has to go on a leash when she goes outside and the fat dog doesnt!
  • edited September 2007

Oh that hilarous! Ahi the bear, good title. She sounds like a bear. I've never heard those nosies come from a dog before. I'll let you know though when I get my pup. Gee, the nighbors are probably going to think that I have a wolfdog and that I'm harboring some unseen bear! I'll be prepared.

Michelle - Great dialog, this is why you are a writer indeed -nods-. Now you'll have to write a weekly series short about the conspiring Anderson Pack! -big grin-

And that's right...about our dogs being confused by humans (us). I think my cats understand me better then my dog does. However, it may be because I've learned how to "speak" cat and communicate in the feline way. I'm still learning how to "talk" to my dog, slowly but surely I'm learning, but it's going to take some more time before I become fluent -smiles-.

In my in Sociology class last Tuesday,  I learned that "Language proceeds Thought". And supposedly we can't remember it if we don't label it. However, I beg to differ becase I can be very picturesque when it comes to visuals. There are always exceptions...but you know how it goes, "majority rules" and it thus then a generalization, a "fact"...until proven otherwise.

Which brings me to another topic that we dicussed:

http://www.nihonken.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=308