A Breakthrough!!!!!

Ahi snuggled with Jen today!!! This is a MAJOR breakthrough for Ahi, she has never snuggled with us before.

Jen is not feeling well today, maybe she can sense it or something.

Ahi snuggling for the first time - EVER!

Comments

• edited November -1
    I love it!!!  Jen is looking at Ahi like she doesnt want to breathe and ruin the moment!
  • edited August 2007

That's HUGE!

She needs some of Ronan's lovey-dovey-ness. Ronan can't stand it if he's not near you or isn't touching or licking or snuggling...

• edited November -1
    Is Jen feeling better?  Will Niko and I see you guys and some of the pack this Sunday?
  • edited November -1

Yep, Jen is doing much better today - not 100% but still much better. You will see us on Sunday at the Shiba MeetUp, we plan to bring Kaia and Hilo to the thing downtown and then Hilo and Ahi to the dog park.

To anyone in Atlanta area [Michelle] that wants to join us: http://shibainu.meetup.com/104/

*It's not exclusively Shibas [tho they are the majority].

• edited November -1

Maybe Ahi sensed that Jen wasn't feeling very well.

When I'm sick, my cat, Fiskars - who isn't normally a snuggler either - will stay very close to me; always at my side. She will also groom me and "check in" every now and then to make sure that I am alright.

So Ahi must've known.

• edited November -1

Yea, I think that is probably the case. Ahi has always been very good at sensing peoples emotions. She is very good at reading people, and animals.

She can really be a sweetheart sometimes [but is a devil most of the time].

• edited November -1
    she even kinda looks like a devil in that pic. lol  Surprised
  • edited November -1
    my cat piggy will do the same thing if i am sick. most of the time he is my boss.
  • edited November -1

Piggy - lol - that's a cute name.   Laughing

• edited November -1

She is still being snuggly!

Ahi and Jen snuggling

• edited November -1
    AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    I love how splat Hilo is in the background.
  • edited November -1

Yea - Hilo is the king of just laying in the middle of the floor. You can't get him to move for anything.

That pic makes him look like a rug tho - lol! Laughing
  • edited September 2007

Pssst! I think Ronan has been calling Ahi and giving her snuggle pointers.

Love Hilo's Chill Factor. That's one of the things I adore about Akitas.

• edited November -1

I hope so! It sounds like Ronan is a real snuggle pro - Ahi could use some pointers.  Smile

I know you warned us about how great Akitas are and that we would be hooked - but we can't escape it - I think we are hooked. Hilo is just freaking great.
  • edited November -1

Too bad you are giving Hilo to me!!!

Can I buy him?  How much?Tongue out

• edited November -1
    Looks like somebody's been chewing on their bed.  Naughty, naughty, Ahi!
  • edited November -1
    Oh, no, that’s the remains of a stuffed raccoon toy. It’s like their favorite thing, they all love it... it’s totally destroyed!
  • edited November -1
    Ooh, I see. 
  • edited September 2007

i want a akita, i am soooo want a akita, what should i do ? god help me! brad and jen, you guys so lucky.

• edited November -1
    I want more kinds of dogs than I will ever be able to own.  It truly is a curse.
  • edited November -1

Snuggly Ahi is just even more adorable.

Yeah Heidi, I know how tempting it can be. -grins- Oh, don't worry they'll start making them pocket size. You'll be able to get the complete set, lol. Ever owned Littest Pet Shop (the originals, not their current stuff)? Or seen the cartoon?

• edited November -1
    Yes, I used to have loads of those toys as a kid, haha.