Bravo raw now available in Georgia

For those of us in Georgia who feed premade raw, I noticed there is a place in Alpharetta that is carrying Bravo now.

I feed Nature's Variety, but I've heard that it is 'bland' compared to Bravo. That, and there are fewer ingredients. Be careful, though. Some of their products are NOT nutritionally complete, so you'll need to add a few things.

Georgia seems to be severly lacking stores that carry raw products. The west coast has tons, Maryland has a huge variety of stores and available products, as does NYC, Chicago, etc.

Comments

• edited August 2007

There is a place over by us [in Georgia] that carries Blue Ridge Beef. Our pack seems to like it - they even have a puppy formula!

We have ordered some Primal Raw from a site called "Only Natural Pet" (or something) that our pups LOVE. Our dogs have basically stopped liking Nature's Variety - I think, as you pointed out, it's to bland.

• edited November -1

Brad - do you live near a Whole Foods Market? I've heard that SOME Whole Foods Markets carry Primal. There's one not too far from me. I might have to check it out myself. A lot of people on another board say their dogs love Bravo, so I thought I'd try that, too.

• edited November -1

Unfortunately, Jen looked into Primal and found that it's only carried at the Whole Foods out west. The Whole Foods over here does have some pretty mid-quality RAW/prepared dogs foods but they just don't look great to us. Maybe it's a sign they will start carrying Primal. Would be nice... As you already pointed out, the selection here kinda sux.

We have never tried Bravo - maybe we will take a trip to your side of town and pick some up. :c)

• edited August 2007

I bought some Bravo today from The Ruffhouse in Alpahretta in the 5 pound chubs - original formula (that's all she had left). After partially thawing, I sliced it up into portions w/ the electric knife. They both wolfed down their mix of HK Embark/Bravo lamb. MUCH cheaper than NV by $1.40 per pound. You have to add supplements to the Bravo, unless feeding it with something like HK, which is exactly what I'm trying out.

The owner told me Bravo put her up on their site as a retailer straight away, and she's pretty much down to a few chubs in less than a week. People have come from everywhere to buy them. It's a 40 minute hike from the house, but I can stock up with the extra freezer in the basement.

I plan on doing a nutrition consult with Sabine from The Dog Food Project once we take Tasha back to the vet to have her thyroid rechecked and weigh the little Ronanator. Whatever supplements I have to add shouldn't be much more than what I'm already adding.