National Kishu Club is now live!

edited January 2018 in Kishu Ken (紀州犬)
It's been a handful of months in the works, and the website is still evolving thanks to the continued input and assistance from some of our Kishu Ken friends, but the Kishu Ken now has an online resource and active club presence in the USA!

www.kishuclub.com

Comments

• Haven't looked through the site yet, but good job setting it up.
  • @TheWalrus - If you do, let me know what you think either here or PM/Facebook. I've been meaning to get your opinion.

Trey is writing up some hunting articles for the website and Facebook page, too, which is also live! I think one of our long-term goals is to have hunting instinct trials and/or clinics and get more people interested in how they can hunt with their dogs (in addition to the sport venues Kishu seem to do well in...)

https://www.facebook.com/USKishu/
  • In the history bit

- the Kumano Ken and Tachi Ken, are among these historic names.

There's a misspelling there. It should read 'Taichi Ken'

The site looks very good though. I'm sure a lot of work went into that.
    I would say that maybe in the future you might want a picture of a Kishu that adheres more to the NIPPO show standard on the banner. The fact that most all the Kishu in the US are out of hunting lines that don't breed toward the show standard I think could be a liability when dealing with NIPPO/NIPPO judges/NIPPO members in Japan who look at the site.
  • @TheWalrus Thank you! I can fix that spelling error when I get to a computer. Doh.

I had a big issue with trying to select dogs for the front page. I think our most NIPPO-standard-fitting dogs right now are Reiko, Shira (spayed/possibly undersized), maybe Oyuki, and maybe Toutarou. Fortunately they are all here in the Northwest... I might have to pick your brain on who I should reach out to and photograph for coverdog... I like some of the AKC dogs that were here before our recent imports, but they look a bit different than the NIPPO dogs.

I would love to be able to use a nicer dog, though, if you think someone in Japan might like to lend their photos to better represent the breed? I can email or message about all this, though.