Kenzo and his new sister, Gun Metal Zin: Thai Ridgeback

edited March 2016 in Other Breeds

Thought I would share.
We made the decision to bring home another dog. We decided on a Thai Ridgeback. Her name is Gun Metal "Zin" We could not be happier, they both get along very well.

DSC_2513_resize

DSC_2449_resize

DSC_2572_resize

DSC_2215_resize

DSC_2663_resize

Comments

• Kenzo's looking good! Congrats on the new addition!
  • Aww she's so cute!! I don't think I could eve own a Thai ridgeback, but that doesn't stop me from admiring :)
  • edited March 2016
    That's a Kia? I have a hard time sometimes they look a lot like a Shiba. Those expressions he gives the puppy remind me of my Shiba.
  • edited March 2016
    @T_Dog - Are you talking about Kenzo? He's a Kishu x Shikoku 50/50 cross. :) He's one of the pups Shigeru produced - and a cousin to my Kishu, Fionna.

http://www.nihonken.org/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/8825/introducing-kenzo-the-shikoku-kishu
  • Congrats, so cute! Zin is such a beautiful color, wow.
  • Neat pup! Congrats!
  • Cripsy is correct. Kenzo is the son of Baron (kishu) and Hime (shikoku).
    The thing I have noticed in the brief time, Kenzo was a much different pup. Kenzo has always been a real serious dog. Even as a pup he acted like an adult dog. Zin on the other hand is all puppy. I also have realized that he plays really hard with the puppy and needs constant reminders not to tear limbs off the puppy. (:) just kidding) I think this is semi normal for shikoku play; at least I think it is from what I read here.
  • My Shikoku and my 2 Kishu are both pretty rough when they get comfortable with puppies, but they DO handicap somewhat (compared to when they play with one another)... so I think it's pretty typical. ;)
  • Yeah that sounds like Shikoku behavior to me. That was my Shikoku's favorite game to play with my Kishu puppy... Grab a limb and SHAKE. My Kishu is finally getting big enough to get some payback.

Zin is beautiful! I'm excited to see her develop. I love Thai Ridgebacks.
  • I was out and about with the dogs. Kenzo would not stay still for me to get a good picture but I got a couple of good ones of Zin

DSC_3148

DSC_3145

DSC_3082

• Oh she's perfect!!
  • Kenzo has grown up nicely! :)

Your new pup is adorable hope see more as she grows.
  • Thanks, at this point they get along very well
  • This is weird, but is Zin's breeder in CA? Did she have a black-coated brother? I'm part of a New Guinea Singing Dog group on Facebook and someone has posted that they got a black coated male puppy 9 or so weeks ago at 8-9 weeks, so I thought that might make them about the same age - and they look uncannily alike!
  • I know of Zin's breeder. I saw her post Zin's picture on her feed. :-D

This is her website:

http://www.mahthaikennel.com/
  • edited April 2016
    Yes that is Zin's brother. Her sister is in Alaska. Mah thai kennel is the kennel we got her from and they are great. I have been lucky with both Kenzo (Shigeru) and Zin's (Gina) breeders. Both I feel have good programs.
  • couple of good looking pups there, looks like great fun
  • Both Kenzo and Zin are gorgeous!
  • edited December 2017
    kenzo and zin 2017

A good size comparison between the kishu/shikoku (Male) and Thai ridgeback (female). The kishu/shikoku is 48lb and the thai RB is 58lbs
  • I love Kenzo! Zin looks so dainty, I didn't expect that.