AKC registration.

edited August 2017 in General
Hey everyone, so I was wondering how exactly the process of registering an imported Hokkaido with the AKC FSS goes. Would I go at it like a normal FSS registration, or would I go about it like registering a foreign born dog?

Comments

• It depends on where your Hokkaido was imported from - does the dog have DOKENHO, JKC, NIPPO, or FCI papers?

It's pretty simple, though, either way.

Short answer is that HANA can help you, no matter what, but longer answer is that JKC and FCI are easily transferable to AKC-FSS and can be submitted as-is by filling out the application.
  • Hi, FCI papers, it's Ayuta. Still got a bit over a month before he will be here, but just trying to get things figured out before then so all I've gotta do is submit the appropriate paperwork. And then my followup question would be would it be possible to subsequently register him with NIPPO as well? Thank you.
  • What extra hoops do us NIPPO need to do. I presume use NIPPO papers to register with JKC an export pedigree and then the JKC for an AKC?
  • JAB44, are your pup's sire and dam NIPPO registered? I believe that is a requirement.
  • I'm not entirely sure on that one, he's from Krisz if that helps, but for sure both parents are born in Europe.
  • @Ajax - It depends on the breed. I can submit my NIPPO pedigrees directly to the AKC for my Kishu Ken. HANA can submit whatever, as far as I know, since they are the breed club, so what they say goes, and then submit that to the AKC. FCI can be submitted straight to the AKC. I don't know if Ayuta can be registered with NIPPO, since his sire, Beni, does not have a NIPPO or Japanese pedigree as far as I know. @LexterGrace might know more since she owns Beni's sister(?) and was potentially getting info on what she would have to do to get Yuki NIPPO papers.

FCI is good to get AKC papers, though. I can walk you guys through it when we meet up next, if you want, @JAB44.