Daikokuten the Sesame Kishu

edited June 2018 in Kishu Ken (紀州犬)
I thought I'd upload some pictures and give "Daikokuten" his own thread since he'll be here for a while.

I've been really surprised with his temperament and personality. He's by far the easiest puppy I have ever had. He is quiet, easy to keep, and is not super high-energy like his mother and my experience with my other Kishu. He reminds me of his dad (Toutarou, my Japanese import male), in that respect, but with a more confident and outgoing personality.

I suspect he will be a black sesame when he is grown. At 10 weeks, he is still significantly darker than Toutarou was at his age. Both Fionna and Toutarou are homozygous for the A locus allele responsible for darker sesame in Shikoku Ken, so it will be interesting to watch him go.

We've been calling him Coyote, Daigo, and Bubba. Daigo is the most popular among others - probably because it sounds like a "real name", lol.

He'll be going to Finland in about 5 weeks, to a kennel there. I hope he turns out for them. He's a fantastic little dog.

Comments

• Baww, so cute. If TheWalrus doesn't mind me linking to one of his blog posts, I think he's going to end up looking like the black sesame Kishu from the old Yamabiko kennel photos that he shared.

http://nihonken.blogspot.jp/2014/02/visiting-yamabiko-kennel-2.html

They even have matching socks!
  • He's so adorable. I love all his siblings too. :)
  • TBH I was really sad when only one came out yushoku, because I didn't get to pick out "the nicest" sesame for this Finland home. BUT... he's turning out to be an improvement in type over his mother, which I guess is what I could have hoped for out of this litter.

He has the biggest ears and is the least masculine, compared to his brothers (who were hyper-masculine, to me, like their dad is...) but he's a good little puppy.