My visit to Akitsu Kennel! (PUPPY PICS INSIDE!)

I took a long drive to Sanibel Island, FL to visit a special family and their new litter of 6 weeks old. It was my first time meeting Shikoku-ken and I have to say I am in awe of them. They're breathtaking and on first sight of the sire of the litter I was at a loss for words at his exuding confidence and his grace.
I want to give the family of Akitsu Kennel a HUGE thank you for allowing my kids to come along for the adventure as well - I am so glad they could help with early socialization and exposure to young kids.

Would I be interested in a Shikoku in the future? It's a high possibility! They're lovely and smart, whats not to love? Maybe in a few more years I'll be ready. :)

And without further ado here are the puppy pictures I promised!

Green Boy

Pink Girl

Purple Girl

Red Boy

Teal Girl

I wish Akitsu all the best for all of their future litters and congratulations on your first! Your passion, your knowledge and care is exemplary.

Comments

• Pictures not showing.

Glad you had good time meeting them. :)
  • Can confirm with Saya, pictures not showing /:
  • Fixed - imgur wasn't wanting to work with me yesterday. I hate using photobucket's site but I'm glad it worked lol - sorry for the hiccup guys!
  • I remember meeting the parents when the sire was a puppy. Their girl bit my Shikoku right on the butt, lol. Crazy to think so much time has passed since then.

I like how clear red the pink girl looks.
  • There we go!

Personally, like the teal girl. Wonder if she'll stay that dark as she grows or lighten up. All great looking pups though.
  • Such cute pictures. :)
  • Yeah I thought Pink had the cutest face out of them all but I have a weakness for black sesame so I was in love with Teal lol

Hiro the sire is SO handsome! I wish I got pictures of him and mom but I wasn't thinking about it I was just admiring him.