Shiba Inu Plush on Kickstarter!

edited July 2016 in General
Hi, everyone!

I am an illustrator who wants to see if I can get some support on a Shiba Inu plush I am having on Kickstarter. I love the Nihon Ken breeds and wanted to bring more plush of them into the market. As much as I want to start off with a Kai Ken (I own my myself and she is the best!), I think it's safer to start off with a Shiba Inu and hope that we reach the stretch goals for a Kai Ken. Let me know what you think. I am super nervous!

The plush is designed by me and made professionally by a factory. If the Kickstarter is successful, I will have enough for 500 plush!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1852466551/shiba-inu-plush

The link is above! Thank you so much!

Comments

• That's super cute! I don't really understand what "stretch goal" means, but I will commit to buying at least one Kai Ken if that looks like it will happen. Maybe even two!

Make it sew!
    :D
  • @WrylyBrindle - A stretch goal basically means that for each additional set amount made above the original goal a perk is given. So for example, if each stretch goal is $50 and the original goal was $100, then raising $150 means that the project has reached a stretch goal. The parameters for stretch goals are set by the project creator and it's basically a way to encourage and reward backers for going above and beyond the original goal.
  • So at the moment, I cannot support a Kai plush, because we have to get through all the earlier shibas first... I have to hold my enthusiasm till a bunch of other stuff is achieved, right?
  • Yep. Luckily there is a lot of shiba inu enthusiast so who knows maybe stretch goal for kai ken plush will get reached. :)

I'm hoping the goal for B&T plush gets reached. I have four B&T shiba plush toys three so would be nice to add to my collection.

Akita plush would be cute too. Need more kai ken and akita plush toys.
  • Thanks a ton of the support! So far, I have a lot of enthusiasm for the Kai Ken plush so I'm hoping we will get there! Worse comes to worse and we don't get there, but we are close, I will try to find production myself since I REALLY want to get the Kai Plush made! :)
  • Come on all you black and tan shiba people- go pitch in! Then we'll round up the creamie folks...
  • I just went to the site and had a look... I realised I don't have one shiba or nihon Ken toy, ornament etc.. :( so I'm in! I'm out with Sora right now so will pledge when I get home and have my details with me.
    Would love to see all the nihon Ken in plush eventually. :)
  • I'll definitely donate some! I'll buy a shiba plush and one of every other nihon ken breed if you make one. The design looks so cute!
  • Just put in my pledge, cant wait for my shiba plush! fingers croosed for a cream shiba and a kai ken.
  • would love one shikoku one *_*
  • Thank you so much! We are sooooo close to the Black and Tan Shiba! Only 2k away and I am 99% certain we will reach it by Sunday, haha! I really want to make a sesame Shiba too!
  • This is awesome! Love the Shiba plush. I'm hoping to see this make it past the Akita stretch goal... 8D
  • Thanks, guys!!!

Looks we are a little over $1000 away from the black and tan stretch goal and I am confident we will reach it since we have plenty of time. We will be getting photos of the black and tan shiba and cream shiba on Wednesday, which I hope will get the campaign moving again since it's being slowing down to a hault.
  • @Noodle... Woo-hoo!! So happy this is working out for you. :) and happy we're closer to our plushes. ;)
  • Getting close to the Kai stretch goal! Let's get to the finish line Kai folks!
  • edited August 2016
    I hope it reaches the goal! I would love to get red, B&T, and kai ken plush. :3 Cream shiba looks cute too love to get that one too.

There is a poll out if anyone wants to vote for kai ken or cream shiba.
    https://www.facebook.com/naomiromeroart/posts/1024413474341869
  • This is so cool.. Excited! :D
  • edited August 2016
    Kishu kids might like a cream shiba, too.
  • Looks like the Kais are unlocked now, how much do I need to pledge for a Kai plush?
  • $30- pledge for shiba plush (it counts for any of them) Naomi will send an email when the kicktstarter closes where you get to choose which plush you want.
  • Totally pinged you on twitter but, I am so in love with these! <3

Can't wait to snag a Sesame Shiba if/when you do preorders for one as well. You have an excellent style for plush! :D
  • Has anyone got their Nihon Ken plush? I thought they were being posted to us during November?
    Of course Sora and I live in Australia so I understand that it can take longer for me to receive my plushes. I ended up pledging and paying for a red shiba and Kai Ken plush. :)
  • I know they were completed but they haven't shipped yet. I don't think they shipped to Naomi yet, but probably very soon!
  • That's correct! Since thousands of plush are being sent to me, the production time had to be stretched, which was out of my control. The shipment should arrive by the 12th and we are all working super hard to have them arrive by Christmas for USA backers! We want all orders to be out within a few days.
  • @noodle and @wrylybrindle thanks so much! I didn't mean to sound as if I'm pressuring or anything, I'm just super excited about having my first Nihon Ken plushes! :D since I've never bought from a kickstarter program before I thought I should ask. I did send a message asking but when I didn't hear back I thought this was the next best place to ask because this is the first place I found out about it. :)