Mayaa

edited June 2016 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
I suppose it's about time I made a thread and introduced Mayaa to the forum!

A short while ago, with the generous help of @TheWalrus and @kogafriend, we were able to welcome a Kai puppy from Inoue-san into our home. She was born 3/17/2016, and her name comes from the Iriomote mountain cat. "Outgoing and friendly" is what we requested, and she is so much more! She's pretty much fearless, and has so far shown potential for everything we've introduced her to.

I am curious how she'll turn out. So far she's a pretty big girl - last week at the vet (at 14 weeks old) she was 15.2 lbs. She's also developing some white clumps of fur on her shoulders, left ear, foot, and tail.

On to the pictures!

The first set is from day 1, with her sister (Mayaa is the lighter and slightly larger one) and featuring Moro. The girls are about 11 weeks here.

Over the next few weeks

She had a blast playing with Asra ( @ShikokuSpirit) last weekend!

Bonus shots from Kimber's birthday party ( @mdokic). They did play but it was so fast I couldn't capture it!

Comments

• Gah! She is so freaking adorable. Congrats! :-D
  • Wow she looks amazing! and Im excited that she has such an outgoing, no worries temperament. Good! Good Good!
  • edited June 2016
    I will get the video of Kimby and Mayaa up later today! ♥
  • Thank you for posting those pictures!!! Such cute dogs and great personalities. Mayaa's darker sibling, Azula, has already grown much bigger although we haven't weighed her yet. She will be going to the vet this week though.
  • She's so cute! I love the crazy eyes she has in the picture with her pink toy.