Japanese TV filming Nihonken in San Francisco

edited May 2016 in General
Shimura Doubutsuen (NIPPON TV) is doing another overseas special, and this time they're filming in San Francisco. They're looking for Nihon Ken owners (not breeders though) to be filmed. Part of the crew will be there next week to look at locations etc. If you know of anyone who would be interested in being on the show, please let me know.

Filming will take place in July.

Comments

• Can't wait. My Saturday nights revolve around that show lol.
  • edited May 2016
    There are lots of gorgeous Japanese Akitas living in or near San Francisco that would love to participate. Let me know the details!
  • This is cool! Alas, I'm nowhere near San Francisco.
  • edited May 2016
    Contact either kafrine or rikumom, both are members of the very active NorCal JA crew. They do meetups in fun locations all around the San Francisco Bay area. They take train rides, ferry rides, trips to wineries, hiking trails, go to the beach, etc with their JAs. Plus they have a good sampling of akitas within their social group: reds, long coats, brindles, and a white.

The tv crew can also meet Kkomi (the white akita in the ferry photo) who is a local celebrity who helps with bone marrow and organ donation in the Bay Area.

• @theWalrus-

There is a very active Shiba community in the San Francisco area and Northern CA.
    Here is a link to the Bay Area Meetup site: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayAreaShibas/

I will private message you with a contact email address for the Meetup organizer. Will also let him know about this special.
  • I would love to! We have 2 shikoku-ken so it'd be great really if we can properly represent nihonken owners in the states.
  • Well if they make it south of SF, I'm available
  • edited May 2016
    Here is part of the Nor Cal JA crew hiking up to the Golden Gate Bridge image
  • edited June 2016
    Shigeru ( @TheWalrus ), do we have a set location and what day in July is scheduled for the filming?
  • The segment just aired. You guys got to meet KPP! Awesome.
  • The segment just aired. You guys got to meet KPP!
  • Awesome. I should be getting a copy of the show soon.
    Hopefully this time they'll give it to me in a format I can copy.
  • Fast forwarded to the clips of the show that showed the NK. Looked great! congratulations to everyone!

Jesse