Nami the sesame Kishu Ken

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Awesome job, Nami!
    Love her protesting being left outside. I'm not brave enough to leave Meitou alone if I need to go into a store, but when I leave him with family or friends while I step instide....ahmagash, he puts up a fuss. He doesn't really like it when my family goes into stores without him either, but he doesn't put up as much of a fuss. He's a big baby at heart.
  • Nami update!

I want to take a nice picture of me with the dogs, but this is all you get for now.
  • I don't know, I think that picture is pretty fantastic as it is. :)
    And Nami is looking as lovely as always. I'm really liking that first picture of her.
  • Are those wrinkles on her forehead or an illusion of her coloration? I want to touch....
  • Love that coloring!!!
  • Nami looks beautiful and has filled out nicely! :)
  • Thanks, guys. I'm very lucky to have her. :)

@shishiinu - Once I get to Oregon, a road trip to southern California will get on the schedule. :(
  • She's such a cutie :) !!
  • Awesome, maybe a trip to a pig rich area to get her back to her roots?
  • @shishiinu, I would be interested in tagging along on such a trip!
  • Tiny Nami - she's shedding all her coat recently. She and my Malamute.

Fionna giving mom some sass.

Not a fancy camera picture, but this is pretty much how Nami is.
    I got up for a second to go get food after starting a movie and she jumped in my grave with her favorite toy. We watched the movie together, naturally.

I'm so happy to have her. She is such a great companion and outdoorsdog. She loves doing anything and everything.
  • Fionna's face in the sassy photo..... too funny hahaha. Love the last photo :) She looks happy.
  • Nami sheds her coat in January? So does Meitou! It seems really weird to me.
  • Nami sheds her coat in January? So does Meitou! It seems really weird to me.
    Both of my girls are blowing coat right now... Silly Nihon Ken. It is winter! :-/
  • Naked Nami disliked the blizzard, but she's getting used to the snow.

• Poor cold Nami. I love that head-shot of her, her expression is great. Almost like she is saying something akin to "Yes it is cold. Heck no can you make me go inside." And that picture of her with London is cute, too.
  • I haven't updated Nami in a LONG TIME. We recently moved (beginning of March) to Portland, Oregon, and she's been having fun with me exploring every muddy, forested, mountain-y area we have had the opportunity to, so far. She's also a pro when it comes to visiting city center.

Here she is!

• Nami's little muddy feet like she's got little mud boots on... :x
    Where did you and Nami go visit downtown?
  • @WhoBitMe - Nami and I go ALL over. She's a really good people-dog, so I can trust her outside if I have to tie her for a little bit. I always tie her where I can see her because I'm super paranoid of people stealing my dogs (people have made attempts with my Malamute in the past)... but we've mostly been exploring PSU campus, but we made it to Chinatown, the riverwalk, and all over on Sunday!
  • Oh! Sometimes Meitou's class meets around the PSU campus. We aren't going there this session, though. I haven't taken Meitou to Chinatown, but we've probably been near the area. Unless it isn't near Union Station like I was thinking. But we often meet in the Pearl for class. And we've got to Waterfront Park a few times in the past, though not recently. It can be a bit much for some dogs in class. And parking is evil, lol.

That's cool you can trust Nami to be tied out (with supervision). I wouldn't dare with Meitou. His people skills are not so good. ;)
  • @WhoBitMe - TK would not do well with people if I left him out, either. Don't feel bad. :(

Some newer ones of Nami:

• Aw, Nami. :) So cute. It looks like she's been having fun exploring.

I realized what would be the worst thing about leaving Meitou tied up outside a store. He just couldn't handle it. He cries and makes monkey noises when I go inside places without him, even when he is other people. LOL He would be a disturber of the peace.
  • Miss Nami.

• Awww, that face. :x
  • Some recent ones of Nami. I took her out yesterday and we had a lot of fun.

I also have this, which is probably my favorite headshot of her... this isn't a great version, tho...

• She's such a beauty, miss hunting with her.
  • We need to establish a Kishu transportation program. I'm sure Nami would love to hunt again. :(

She was so good yesterday, off leash. She bounced off into the brush and all we could hear was a little Kishu with a bell, bounce-bounce-bouncing in the brush. She came right back when I called her and was all smiles. The only reason I kept the long line on her at all was because I had Finn and my roommate and Finn is a resource guarder. It's good I did have the long line, because I had to step in and stop her from removing Finn's face when he tried to go at her over a fish spine on the beach. She stopped when I asked her to stop and backed off - she's really a great dog, even when she doesn't *want* to do something, she still minds me really well.
  • I haven't posted pictures of Nami in a while, so here's some more.

She's really a great dog to go on solo adventures with. I hate to say she's my favorite... but I really don't have to worry about her running off, I don't have to worry about her with people, and I rarely have to worry about her with other dogs (despite her being dog-aggressive, she isn't dog-reactive - and much more obedient than Fionna...

She scaled a bluff and looked down at me like "what, you can't get up here??" and when it became clear I was not going that way, she bounced back down and after me.

We went for a total of 6 miles - 3 out, 3 back when it started to look like rain. It wasn't very strenuous, but it was very muddy when we left the beach and went into the forest, which made things a little challenging, but it was a good walk for her and nice to get out with just one dog.

Going out somewhere with Fionna now.

• Just a few more of Nami.

She had some GI issue recently we couldn't really identify except to say that her intestines appeared inflamed. During this time (about a week, a little less), she was inappetent and not drinking water, so we were in and out of work getting fluids. She seemed to perk up after a number of days, though, and hasn't had issues since. It was very strange. :\

At my sister's place in Seattle

Sauvie Island, Oregon.