Any litters for 2016?

1235»

Comments

• There was a contract, and he does health test. Sorry he has a career outside of his dogs and doesn't show. I've had show quality dogs before and never showed them. Not because I'm a horrible person, because I never cared to. Stop calling him a byb. And what information am I withholding?! God you people are crazy.
  • Can this thread stop, please. I'm done defending myself to deaf ears. Please stop posting here. It's getting quite annoying. If you actually want to talk to me and not patronize me, PM me.
  • Don't think there's any responsible show breeder who doesn't have a career outside of their dogs, since for the most part showing and dogs sports is a hobby. A responsible breeder will do these things not to put money in their pocket, but to determine if that particular dog is worth breeding and to find complementary dogs to breed to.

• OFA links are always appreciated as are results of specific health tests recommended for the breed when discussing a breeder as someone to recommend to buy from in North America.
  • Caila, as I've mentioned a few times, he's not in it to make a profit. Someone offered $3500 for my dog but he turned him down and I only paid $1000. He didn't like that man and thought I'd be much better. As I've also mentioned, he's quite successful. He literally has a home theatre, gym, and a helicopter pad in his backyard. Sounds crazy, but we got a tour of his home. So you can believe he's not too worried about a profit on a few puppies. And I don't have any links to show you. I'm just an owner here.
  • If he wasn't interested in making money then he wouldn't charge anything or less for the puppies he produces. I've known some responsible breeders who gave the puppy away for free because they really loved the home that the puppy would be going to.

So far, you really haven't shown any proof that he isn't a byb.
  • Alright, I don't give a shit anymore. Leave. Me. Alone.
  • I wanted to point out something that no one else has mentioned with regards to responsible and reputable breeders:

Responsible breeders care about where their dogs' genes end up. Their purchase contracts for non-show, non-breeding dogs almost always require spay/neuter. Unless there are special circumstances, if a breeder sells a dog without a spay/neuter contract, especially for a dog that does not meet the breed standard, he or she is NOT a responsible breeder.

To the OP: Instead of arguing with everyone, why not provide some sort of proof to back up your claims. As a bystander to the majority of this conversation, you have gotten incredibly defensive when other members have been trying to help you and ensure that you make an informed decision with regards to adding another dog to your family.

If you claim that your breeder is responsible, health tests, breeds to improve the breed, etc., then provide some additional information. Bragging that he is rich and has a heli-pad does nothing to improve your credibility. OFA/CERF links will. Providing your pup's pedigree will (all breeders are required to have a kennel name registered with AKC in order for the puppies to be registered).

No one wants you, your Shiba, or your potential new dog to be unhappy or unsafe. We want to see you get the pet that will work best for your situation. But in order for you to achieve getting that pet, you have to stop being so defensive. You need to open your mind up a little, realize that you are incredibly young and have relatively minimal experience with dogs. We were all 20 once. We all thought we knew everything and could conquer the world. We were ALL wrong and unfortunately made mistakes because of it.

Part of growing up and becoming an adult is understanding that there are people out there with more experience and more knowledge than you. It is up to you to listen to advice and opinions from those with more experience and use that information to make the most informed decision you can. Obviously it is your life and only you can live it. But you can choose to live it informed and educated instead of on impulse and with ignorance. (This goes for everything in life, not just purchasing a dog.)
This discussion has been closed.