Available Kishu Ken: Kuro (Taro x Nami)

edited January 2016 in Kishu Ken (紀州犬)
Fionna and Shirogane's brother, Kurogane/Hakuro is available for rehoming.

He is neutered and currently located in southern California.
He may end up coming back to me in Portland, Oregon if a local home cannot be found.
@ShikokuSpirit has very awesomely assisted by fostering him down there for me.

I am currently looking for homes without small children. I prefer homes without cats as he chases the one in his current home. Kuro is aggressive/reactive toward strange dogs, but currently lives with another male dog, so he may be able to live with another dog if introductions go smoothly and appropriately. An opposite-sex canine housemate may be better for him, if any. He is also very athletic and capable of jumping fences.

He is an enthusiastic young dog who needs someone looking for an active and energetic companion. Kuro has a couple hunting trips under his belt and may make a good boar hunting dog in a new home, but could also make a good hiking, sporting, or adventure-dog.

Comments

• :( I hope he finds a forever home soon!! Glad that Corina is fostering him at least. Man-fi looks like he'd be an awesome dog to keep :)
  • I'm sure he'll find a great home :) good luck!!
  • edited January 2016
    I had an opportunity to run him with Taro and although he had his adolescent punk attitude, he ranges well and recalls well. He will make a great hunting dog.
  • Kuro has come back to me in Portland. He is a fun little dog who has settled in very quickly and seems to like everyone he meets.

He has a couple meetings this week, but is also still available to the right home. I'll let everyone know how his meetings went!
  • Well, one of our homes fell out for him, so Kuro is still here. Still waiting on the second home to set up a hard date to meet him.

Got this nice shot of him and submitted it to the AKC for the page. He's obviously got some filling out time, but he looks really great.