Cosmia the Kishu Ken

edited November 2015 in Kishu Ken (紀州犬)
Well, it's about time I make a thread for our newest family member!

Cosmia is a yushoku Kishu from Hakuzan! She'll be 11 weeks on Thursday. I'll cut to the chase and post some pictures now ;)

(pictures are chronological... We've had her for a few weeks now so you can see her grow a bit)

On the long drive home from Colorado

Checking out the lay of the land at home

VERY ASLEEP lol

This one is from today. One of her ears is almost up!!

Cosmia's been a lot of fun. She's a whole different beast than Shoko. For one, I'm already pretty sure she's smarter than Shoko. Or at the very least more tenacious. She's an escape artist and a quick learner, and seems to have better focus than Shoko.

The two are getting along pretty well so far. They love to wrestle. Cosmia's getting bigger and is having an easier time holding her own. I think they'll make great pals, which makes me very happy. Cosmia's a snuggle bug and while Shoko's not much of cuddler, she consents to it sometimes, as long as Cosmia initiates.

Here's a bonus picture of the girls and Shoko's best friend Leo the Husky. They are pretty much ridiculous.

Comments

• oh, they are completely ridiculous! What fun and congratulations! Going to be wonderful to watch Cosmia grow up. :)
  • Hauuehsjajhdjsjjwhqjd. I can't take it. She's too cute. Glad she gets along with shoko! :D that last photo of them with Leo just kills me hahahha
  • Cosmia is so cute! And she and Shoko together are so completely adorable it is unfair. :)
  • I think Shikoku and Kishu go well together. :3 Good to see Cosmia has her own thread! :D
  • Yeah, it's really fun and interesting to see the Shikoku/Kishu dynamic. I think Cosmia keeps Shoko on her feet. And Shoko keeps Cosmia grounded. Although I'm not entirely sure which attributes are just due to their individual personalities. I think Shoko is pretty low energy for a Shikoku. She's also just generally... slower. Like, she has her excited moments, and she can gogogo when she wants to, but I was doing some joint training this morning and Cosmia would sit and stand and sit again four times before Shoko got around to the first sit.

Basically, Shoko really turns "off" when we are inside, whereas Cosmia doesn't know the meaning of the word.
  • Haha, yeah. That's about how my Kishu are vs. my Shikoku. TK is pretty mild, I think, not taking his behavior issues into account. He's definitely not as busy as the Kishu are.
  • Oh she's adorable!! Love the cuddling pictures :)

Looking forward to hearing updates and spam!
  • Such cuuuuuuteness!
  • Oh my GOOOODNESS!!! Cosmia is too cute!! She looks happy with her new family, can't wait for more updates! Congrats! ♥
  • Ahh! Congrats! Shoko and Cosmia are too freaking adorable together. :-D
  • Love the pics especially the three dogs together such silly faces. haha
  • This is awesome. She is so cute, and the three of them look like they have lots of fun when they get together. Love the goofy faces!
  • Beautiful Kishu, I really love to see the sesame.
  • Love those photos
  • I wonder if her mask will fade. It looks much smaller than Nami's was at her age, and Nami has barely any mask, now.
  • Living up the dream :)