Happy 3rd Birthday to Ayu's Magnificent Seven! (Nio x Ayu Litter)

2»

Comments

• that Scarf picture *kills* me every time. That and puppy Goro milk-whiskers picture. Those are in my "in case of sadness emergency" folder :)
  • Awweee!!! I added that one in there just for you @WrylyBrindle ;)
  • Everyone looks great! I'll be celebrating with Ginko a bit later tonight. We'll see if I can wrestle a party hat on him.

I will post new pictures on here soon.

Neil
  • Ah, I can't wait to see @nrmorris!! :D
  • Happy birthday to all of our Nio x Ayu pups! :)
  • @WrylyBrindle So Orry definitely hasn't passed the ATTS test as you may be able to tell from this first video, lol! Easily blamed on my training efforts though!

I don't have any new pics at the moment so I posted these videos which were on my phone from a few months back. They give a pretty good view of how Orry turned out as a 2 year old. He's a stud for sure (in my opinion of course), and he is such an awesome dog.

I'll try to post some actually pics later this evening when I get home.

All of the other pups from this litter look great! Thanks all for sharing updates.

Oh and here's a throwback for fun

IMAG0273
  • Aw! Orry *IS* a hunk! :)
  • LOL!! I like his scoot version of "stay" @MontanaKai! xP Orry is a hunk for sure, all the boys are! (They had a hunk for a dad ;) ) And the baby Orry picture KILLED me. Literally killed me, so thank you for that :P

How do all our pups look so much alike?! I was scrolling through pictures to show my Nate, and he goes "awe is that kona?!" to baby Matsu picture where he's looking up at the camera. lol. he's done that at least a dozen times :P
  • They do look so much alike! If i just glance a picture I think, "i don't remember this picture of Shelby!"
  • It has been so awesome to see this litter grow up and turn into amazing dogs. :) So thank you guys so much for sharing!
  • Thanks to all the littermates' families for answering the call when I say "Happy Birthday! it's time to share pictures again!" I really love being connected with you all and seeing our dogs grow up- they really are all beautiful, healthy, funny, smart, loving Kai dogs :)

still excited to see Ginko and Saki's photos come along in this thread- the fun's not over yet! :)
  • I feel the same @WrylyBrindle...it's really neat to stay connected and watch them grow, share stories, etc.. Im glad to see so many people connected! :D
  • Happy belated Birthday to all these pups! I love all the new pictures and video. You guys have some awesome NK. :)
  • This really means a lot to me to be able to connect with everyone. I've adopted all my other pets, so there's no sense of family with their litters because I don't know where they came from. Yay for brothers and sisters!
  • edited September 2015
    @mdokic @WrlyBrindle @Myabee09 @nrmorris

I've been pretty busy this past year without much time for posting, but I did remember this thread. Hope all the pups from this litter are still doing well!! Orry says hello from Montana. He's a country dog now with lots of extra space to roam and cause trouble!

IMAG1154
  • Awe @MontanaKai !! Orry looks like he's stoked, and super handsome! Beautiful scenery, happy bday bro and every pup in the litter! ♥

Here's a pic of Kona (right) and sister Saki (left) from a lure coursing event this year (since mandi isn't on the forum):

And a couple pics of Kona doing her favorite things this year.. hiking and coursing!

Kona (right) with "sister" Kimber on the left out hiking :)

• They look great Michelle! Good to hear from you. I'll try to post an update on Orry on his thread soon, maybe today. Glad Kona (and Kimber of course) are doing well. Kona looks a ton like Orry in the hiking pic btw.
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah, I see Orry in her face and eyes for sure! I'm looking forward to the update to his thread, wish I could meet all the pups from this litter! ♥

It's nice Saki lives closer now, (and I've only met ginko and Shelby as babies haha).. hopefully things go right and i'll be able to go on work travel to Massachusetts and take a couple days off to see chrystal and matsu man! :D
  • Well let us know if you're ever near Bozeman. You'd definitely need to stop by to meet Orry!
  • Happy Birthday, Orry! and Kona! and Misaki! and Sumiko! and Shelby! and Ginko!
    love Matsu!
    photo P1210532_zpsyli0sdzi.jpg

He has been a really great boy this year- lots of hikes, swims, and snowshoeing. Grouse season starts tomorrow, too, so we'll see what he flushes up for me this year- very excited! Matsu continues to be really attentive, with good recall and checkins- and very hot for finding grouse and turkeys. He's just a good solid partner all around, and is my go-to dog for a lot of activities just because he is relaxing to be around, never too barky, keeps his brain checked-in. His coat is feeling very very nice lately, winter coat is coming in nicely!

I hope all of the Nio - Ayu pups are having a great day today! I'm attaching this picture of Nio river rafting so we can appreciate old Pops and the adventure dog he is, like his kids! photo Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 12.01.27 PM_zpsjwh1jjsj.png

I don't have a recent photo of Mama Ayu- she should be invited to the party, too!
  • my most recent pic of Matsu-man!
    photo P1220005_zpsfcoz7dq1.jpg
  • Matsu, Matsu MAN! Looking good as always! and I love that you added Nio to the party too! :D
  • Matsu is a stud and I also love the picture of Nio! I haven't seen one for a long time.

I'm not surprised to hear that Matsu is doing so well. Great dog plus great handler usually means good things!
  • @mdokic @WrylyBrindle Alright, I did it. I updated Orry's thread. It's been too long!
  • You are inspiring me- I should add to Matsu's thread.
  • I think you should too!
  • Taka says Happy Birthday