Met Genko's Litter (Photos)

I adore Genko. Genko and Katana were the dogs that turned me onto Hokkaido in the first place - and after meeting her a handful of times, now, all I can say is that I hope that every one of her puppies is as enthusiastic and charming as she is.

Here are some shots from my visit. Thank you so much @lindsayt for letting me visit!

Comments

• Also @whotbitme and @zandrame for hi-res spam.
  • You're killing me all over again.
    I wish all the cute could belong to me. :((
    Do they have names yet?
  • Im so jealous! I wish I lived closer so I can play with the puppiessssss
  • Thanks for the great photos. I liked Katana's personality when I met him, also.

It was good to see you and the dogs, and yes I need to get onto naming them.
  • What a great looking bunch. Glad to hear they are all doing well!!
  • They look great!! Must have been fun to meet them :)
  • Ahh! Thank you! I could look at puppy pics all day!

(I need more...)
  • Puppy peepers appeared yesterday. They are very vigorous, more than Shiba litters I've had. I have a feeling they will soon be able to become one with the grass...poor Genko is DONE with them now and wants to be with the people again. She's a good mom!
  • This is about the same time Nami wanted to sleep with me more. She would wake up often and tend to the puppies, but when the eyes were open and they were walking, she was out.
  • Cuteness overload!
  • @crispy

How often would she feed them at this point?
  • @lindsayt - She would tend to them if they started crying... I can't say I exactly remember how long they went without at this point or how often she fed them...

She was definitely more adventurous and would be okay for walks, so I would take her for walks, but she'd come back and make a beeline for the puppies to feed them and check on them as soon. As she saw the house, she was pulling and whining and wanted to get to them asap.
  • I think there should be more puppy spam... Anybody? Anybody?
  • I think Jen will be up the 26th about 1, so that may be a good day to do a puppy party!
  • I have a wolfdog meet up on the 26th. :(
  • I think I could make it on the 26th, but I'll have to check.
  • Wolf dog????? Lame!
  • It's my first time meeting wolfdogs and I don't want to cancel so close to the meetup after saying I was jazzed to meet them for the last couple months, lol.

Honestly, the more I learn and hear of wolfdogs, the more they sound like giant Kishu/Nihon Ken, so I'm excited to see what they're like in person and what kinds of challenges people in the community face. Maybe take away some new enrichment ideas or practices...

• But then who will take the puppy pics? :((
  • edited September 2015
    I could show up to the WD meet up and head up to the puppy party after making an appearance... assuming I can get the day off work... (because apparently, I didn't submit a request for it off...)
  • Loved the pics. :)

My favorite pup is the black and brindle ones I can't wait to see how the litter looks as they age. I hope a few join the forum or send Lindsay updates so we can hear how they are doing in their new homes.

("How much do the puppies cost? I want I want")
    Now that is a comment I'd expect from the shiba inu FB group.. lol

I wished I lived closer I'd love to meet hokkaido pups and adult. Maybe one day I can make a nice road trip to meet some.

Thanks @lindsayt @Crispy @Jwallwalrus for the updates and pics. I hope the pups keep doing well.
  • @saya I have had people on reddit ask about how to get one. I just said they are part of a preservation program and staying within the breeding program.
  • Puppiiiiies!

I want to visit again. Sorry I couldn't make it up on Saturday! I'm hoping to make it up this week or next. :D
  • Stop. Hokkaido puppies are my superhero weakness. These are too cute.

"The cream boys were VERY rambunctious." LOL This makes me very happy.

I need to get up to see puppies. I was super sad that it didn't work out for me to go up on Saturday either. :(( x somuchwanttoseepuppies
  • Good answer, JWall.
  • edited September 2015
    2 weeks from now would be a good time for a NK meetup puppy party...

@whobitme
    @crispy
    @jwallwalrus
  • AAAAHHHH im in love with the black ones. I can't wait to see them ALL as they get older. Thanks for the extra pictures! I'm SO jealous...I want to cuddle them all!! ♥
  • Lol, I was going to ask about updated puppy pics