HANA: not enough females?

Well there's been a lot of males imported to North America, but only 2 females (only 1 of which is actually to my knowledge part of HANA - Genko). Obviously at some point there's going to have to be some more females imported by someone, and for anyone who follows my blog you've probably seen that I have a white female available now.
The reason I'm posting this here is that I'd like to find a home for her sooner rather than later, and wonder of wonders, she's a really easy puppy. I usually brace myself for Hokka pups, but she's not the typical Hokkaido firestorm I'm used to. She's also gorgeous, with good structure. The only nitpick I can make is that she has more red tipping in her coat than some would prefer, but really, that's the only complaint I can even think of right now.
So for anyone willing to work with HANA, hit me up, and maybe we can work something out.

Comments

• I have a coworker overseas right now that can bring her stateside. She'd just need a loving home. That would easily knock off almost half the price of bringing her over...

Jesse
  • So would she get along with say.... a Shiba? Just curious.
  • @the walrus-- you may want to consider a Pacific/West coast Shiba breeder for the little girl. I think some of them belong to this Forum or the Shiba Forum
  • So I would love this girl, really I would, for all the reasons Shigeru has communicated, but I just got hammered with emergency vet bills for my Shibas with a very tragic outcome, as well as unanticipated cost of vetting and health testing for Genko.

I can grow this girl up and house her and breed her, that's not an issue, if somebody else wants to absorb the cost to get her here. There could definitly be some reimbursement in the form of puppies from a future breeding being made available to those who helped import her. She sounds like a wonderful girl.

I also have Genko, who was bred about 22 days ago, and I'm not certain she is or isn't pregnant. This was a test breeding and if it fails, there isn't other females to fall back on, so this girl from Shigeru would be very valuable for preservation here.
  • I have a coworker overseas right now that can bring her stateside. She'd just need a loving home. That would easily knock off almost half the price of bringing her over...
    So I would love this girl, really I would, for all the reasons Shigeru has communicated, but I just got hammered with emergency vet bills for my Shibas with a very tragic outcome, as well as unanticipated cost of vetting and health testing for Genko.

I can grow this girl up and house her and breed her, that's not an issue, if somebody else wants to absorb the cost to get her here. There could definitly be some reimbursement in the form of puppies from a future breeding being made available to those who helped import her. She sounds like a wonderful girl.

I also have Genko, who was bred about 22 days ago, and I'm not certain she is or isn't pregnant. This was a test breeding and if it fails, there isn't other females to fall back on, so this girl from Shigeru would be very valuable for preservation here.

So given that she may be able to get shipped to the states for cheap, and that there is a place to house her, what about a HANA fundraiser to raise the money to get her here? Would be great to see more Hokkaido girls brought into NA to help balance the male heavy population.
  • You know you (Lindsay) can use the HANA artwork I donated on anything you need to sell to raise funds- shirts, stickers, whatever.
  • Who here would be interested in buying a HANA tshirt?
  • I would be willing to help donate to get some girls out here, in the form of a shirt or anything else :)
  • edited July 2015
    Awesome, so here is the blog post I just made with a link to our Paypal Donate button for anyone wanting to contribute:

https://hokkaidousa.wordpress.com/2015/07/29/hokkaido-importing-fundraiser/

Donate Button with Credit Cards
  • As I have talked with Lindsay about privately, I'm willing to help get this puppy in the states. :)
  • I'd be happy to expand my Nihon Ken family, but I'm in Japan, and I'm sure not the focus of your efforts, and in addition my Rika "Kai" will not tolerate other females in her AO.