Fionna (Taro x Nami)

Comments

• Fionna should have smaller ears, per the standard, and I think her eyes should be set a bit more like Meitou's, but the head shape was different (Meitou's was larger and rounder, but Fionna's has a strong jaw and cheek compared to her muzzle) and the coat/texture was different. Fionna was almost Meitou's size, it seemed!

I liked him a lot. Between meeting Genko, Katana, and Meitou, I could see myself with a Hokkaido. :)
  • We also went to dinner on the ocean where we poked fun at the fancy restaurant we ate in. The food was delicious though.
  • I liked him a lot. Between meeting Genko, Katana, and Meitou, I could see myself with a Hokkaido. :)
    Yes, come over to the Dark Side. ;) But in all seriousness, I'm glad Meitou turned on his charm for the meetup. He really seemed to like Fionna. And so did I. I heart Fionna. :x She is the cutest treat-thief ever. She is welcome to jump on me and steal treats out of my treat pouch any time.
    We also went to dinner on the ocean where we poked fun at the fancy restaurant we ate in. The food was delicious though.
    Yeah, that place was great. I did feel a little weird going in there with my muddy boots on. And our dog-talk was probably unique, especially when we started talking about Meitou and Nami's humping behaviors. :P

I'm working on uploading the pictures I took so hopefully those will be posted soon. I love that picture of Meitou and Fionna standing next to one another. They are two good looking white dogs.
  • Peach puppy! This one is so cute!
  • I thought it was pretty cute, too. I was glad it turned out. Normally when I happen to catch a tongue-out picture the tongue is blurry. Luck was with me on this one.
  • edited March 2015
    I have made the decision to start looking for a new home for Fionna. Since I haven't made an official-sounding post for her yet, I'll copy/paste my facebook status on the subject...

I need to seriously start looking for an alternate placement for Fionna. She is a great puppy and I love her to death. I don't actually want to let her go at this point, but I've done a lot of thinking about it and it might be what's best for her, for the breed, and for my current situation.

I want her to go to a home in the USA that will be open to keeping her intact. I would also like a home that will show her, involve her in sports, or hunt with her.

She has her basic obedience under her belt and is UTD on all vaccinations. She gets along well with other dogs. She is a little excitable meeting new people and barks when over-stimulated or confused. She is not a huge fan of children, but does well with children who are respectful. I hike with her off leash, but she may not do well off leash in a new home.

This is not "first come, first serve". I will take names of interested parties and find the best fit for her, just like I did with all of the puppies. If you are interested in the Kishu breed or have more questions, please shoot me a message. She will have a rehoming fee and the new owner will be expected to pay for transportation.

Fionna will be one year old on May 28th.
    In addition, I am working on getting her NIPPO paperwork and registration in order. Once she has her NIPPO paperwork, she will be eligible for AKC-FSS registration through Carleen at the American Kishu Registry or by contacting Christine with the AKC-FSS. I can help with contacting either of these people for the AKC registration if the new home is interested. I am not sure what goes into UKC registration, but I would be willing to figure that out and help out in any way I can.

Some new pictures of Fionna:

ETA: If anyone is in the Washington/Oregon area and would like to meet Fionna or Nami (Kishu Ken), I will be at the St. Helens barn hunt on Saturday, the 11th. If I attend, but do not participate in the barn hunt, I may also bring TK, my Shikoku Ken.
  • She is so feminine!
  • I will vouch for Fionna's temperament. She is a sweet girl, an active girl and having met her a few times and hiked with her off leash for a few hours, she is a dog I could have on my team, doing what I do. She gets along well with my Kai and is comfortable socially with people and dogs and being in new places. At the dog show we went to, she was great with all the activity, and was happy being walked by my aunt and uncle (a very big guy) who came to see us. Fiona is a great little Kishu!
  • Thank you, @WrylyBrindle. :)

Fionna is a great dog. I love having her here with me... and it's difficult to make this decision when I've already had to make another difficult choice in leaving my older Malamute behind with my mother and grandmother when I moved westward... but I never intended to keep a puppy out of this litter and I think it's time to take that seriously.
  • Fionna looks so sweet :) Good luck, I am sure you will find her a wonderful home!
  • edited April 2015
    Man i love fionna, another dog of yours i'd probably steal. I MEAN......no who am i kidding.
  • Fionna update!

Fionna is the only dog who can come to work with me. She comes on Mondays when I do kennel shift and does a half day on Saturday when I work daycare shift.

Her favorite dogs are the terriers and the hounds.

With momma...

• I'll say it ten thousand more times, Fi is my favorite lady Kishu ♥ (but don't tell her mama!)
  • Nami's my gurl, but Fionna is my baby. I wasn't planning on keeping a pup from this litter, but I'm really happy that I got to watch her grow like I have... and she's certainly turned out to be a very nice young lady. :)
  • Ugh, I love Fionna. She is so adorable. She charmed me when she stole those treats from me on our hike.
  • She is a very cute thief. :3
  • Fionna from today

• Fionna! I really like that picture of her. She looks good in a tree.

Can I request the picture of Fionna, Tavi, and Meitou on the hood on your Jeep?
  • omg! Yes! Of course! :D

Fabu-trio.

• I LOVE IT!

lol Meitou's tail looks so huge...
    The combined power of their cuteness is killing me. Gah! Too much adorable in one spot.

"By your powers combined...I am Captain Fabu-trio!" or...wait...
  • More Fionna.

• Every time I see that second photo... it just makes me so happy hahahaha <3
  • lol Fionna. She makes me smile. :)
  • edited June 2016
    I haven't updated Fionna in a WHILE!

She turned 2 years old on May 28th, with her litter. Kuro (now Kovu) is in Vancouver, WA, and Shirogane/Shiro is still with Brad and Jen. :) So happy birthday, everyone!

• She's so cute! I love Fionna.
  • She and Meitou need a reunion soon. @WhoBitMe ;)
  • Yes, they do! :)
  • She's absolutely stunning.