Upcoming Lure Coursing CATs - Update 11/17/15

EDIT - dynamic link for upcoming CATs in all states - from today to listed future

There has been some recent interest in lure coursing, so I'll try to post upcoming events here.

-Saturday 1/17
Winning Edge Dog Sports Center, Chino, California. (This is the same place we've done all of Kouda's CATs.)
-Two CATs will be held (morning and afternoon), with optional fun runs after each, given time.
-Details here, contacts and directions in premium.
http://socalcoursing.com/events/cca-akc-all-breed-coursing-ability-tests-2-3/

We will be attending, and if all goes well, Kouda will get his CAA title.

Comments

• Oooh, may need to bring along my goober, Kurama to have a run at this...

Jesse
  • Ooh yes, @CrimsonO2! Since the Shikoku was just added to FSS, we need to get them out there! ;)

If you want to run for titles but aren't registered, @mdokic went through the hoops to get her Kai girls registered last year, so she might have some tips.

But if you're only interested in fun runs, there's that option too (and they are cheaper). They are offered based on time and interest, so contact Justin from the club for more concrete details.
  • @CrimsonO2 come hang out and try some fun runs at least! :) I'm excited for this weekend, the girls haven't ran in what already seems like forever! xP
  • Pictures of our NK attendees from 1/17 in Chino -

Kona

Kouda

Kimber
  • A couple more California AKC events coming up in February, in Chino again and in the Bay area.

Saturday 2/28
    Winning Edge Dog Sports Center, Chino, California.
    - Two CATs will be held (morning and afternoon), with optional fun runs after each, given time.
    - Details here, contacts and directions in premium.
    http://socalcoursing.com/events/scihc-akc-all-breed-coursing-ability-tests-2-2/

Saturday 2/21 and Sunday 2/22
    Monterey Bay Coursing Association, at Brigantino Park, Hollister, California
    - Four CATs will be held, 2 each day: morning and afternoon. Availability of fun runs unknown.
    - Details here, on the Future Events tab
    https://www.apps.akc.org/apps/akc_clubs/?7046
  • @zandrame, I think Nate and I will be coming to the 2/28 one, and I think we're getting Kona's sister out to hang out too! She'll try some fun runs to see if Saki likes it too! :)

Saki is the sweetest ♥
  • Found a new AKC event search tool today. You can select individual states, and choose the event type from the dropdown ("Coursing Ability Test" is what we want).
    Search Link

I'm not sure if the results are dependant on cookies, but here's the link I got for upcoming events in all states
    All States Results Link

For February and March, I'm seeing events in:

- Phoenix, AZ (Feb 7/8)
    - Hollister, CA (Feb 21/22)
    - Tallahassee, FL (Feb 21/22)
    - Chino, CA (Feb 28)
    - Sloughhouse, CA (Feb 28)
    - Auburn, WA (Feb 28)
    - Camarillo, CA (Mar 1)
    - Albuquerque, NM (Mar 7/8)
    - Edmond, OK (Mar 7)
    - Roy, WA (Mar 14/15)
    - Sloughhouse, CA (Mar 14)
    - Rogers, AR (Mar 14)
    - Lewisburg, TN (Mar 21/22)
    - Colchester, CT (Mar 28/29)
    - High Springs, FL (Mar 28/29)

• There's no lure coursing love in Virginia. :(

Sigh...
  • @Kira_Inu - Stay tuned... There is one coming up in April out in Loudoun County. Once I get all of the details, I will post it up (but will not be able to personally attend, because it is the same weekend as a 13 hour race that I have already signed up for).
  • @sunyata, @Kira_Inu, I see the CHAMP event in Berryville on the calendar, April 12 (their website says 13th).
    http://www.champlurecoursing2.org/CHAMP_EventsPremiums.htm

But I also wouldn't be surprised if clubs aren't done finalizing events for the year yet.
  • @zandrame - That is the one I was discussing. The 12th is a "practice" run, and non-registered entrants can do a fun run on that date. The 13th is the full event.
  • Awwww thanks for looking out you guys. Now I'm feeling the love :x

That looks like it will be the weekend after the closing on our new house (fingers crossed) so I may not be able to make it if that's the case. We shall see...
  • Good luck on the close!!! ♥
  • @CrimsonO2 , will you be coming to the CATs in Chino at the end of this month? @zandrame and I are sending in the forms monday, and I think Mandi is coming for fun runs and will bring Saki! :D
  • aaaaaaaayyyyyyeeee.....think so! :) Will likely only come with my Shikoku boy but we'll see!

Jesse
  • edited February 2015
    @CrimsionO2, that's fine! It would be fun to get us all together there, even if it's just one! ♥ Mandi is in with Saki!
  • I can't wait to see pictures and hear about it! Kona and Kimber must be close to 10 Qs soon, too...?
  • @WrylyBrindle , after this weekend they'll be at 7 :) not 10 yet, but it's nice this place is so close!
  • I've procrastinated on this severely, and will try to get my applications done in time so my dogs can run... (-_-)...

Jesse
  • @CrimsonO2, just in case, if by some reason you don't get it done on time you can still come do fun runs!! Probably best to show up in the morning at some point so you can get them signed in, but that's what Mandi's doing ^_^
  • yeah, I want to be able to do fun runs...
  • @CrimsonO2, is that a plural I see?! ;)
    There's no paperwork for fun runs. Just need to show up there.

I'm so excited now! That reminds me, I should get a spare battery for the camera...
  • wooot!! NK takeover! :D
  • Well yeah...my baby girl loves a good chase and she's recently been liberated from her puppies!

Jesse
  • Is this a "rain or shine" event? There's a forecast of possible rain in the area this weekend :-/
  • It is rain or shine. The forecast shows most likelihood for early AM and evening showers. Maps show Chino as a break in the clouds. (But we need all we can get!)

We are bringing the tent ;)
  • I hope it doesnt rain too much while we're there! :P
  • I'll bring our tent...should be able to me, the dogs and extras if need be.

Jesse
  • OOh, got an e-mail back from the coordinators that it's on. Rain or Shine. And that I can paypal my payment in ahead of the registration so I can get in on the $20/run :P

Win....win.

Jesse