Fionna (Taro x Nami)

Comments

• Oh, if I could have all the dogs I want I would scoop her right up and add her to the Hiking Team with the Kai! But the only dog adding on here will be either a great mate for Matsu, or one of his pups someday.
  • Aww, I know. If my sister doesn't take her, I kind of hope I can find a cooperative home for her in New England or the North East. I'd like to keep some Kishu on this side of the country when I move to Portland.
  • edited November 2014
    when I move to Portland.
    Wait. Porltand, Portland? Or one of those other Portlands on the other side of the country? I feel like this is something I want to know.

And Fionna is super cute as always, even when slathered in mud. :)
  • @WhoBitMe - I'm moving to Portland, OR next year. Probably sooner rather than later. Maybe March. Maybe earlier. It's up in the air. Kind of "whenever I feel I have enough money to move without needing a job in the first two months."
  • Following this Kishu in particular has been fun, shes so gorgeous. Been my main inspiration on wanting to get a Kishu, can't wait to see more!
  • @Knichtus - Thank you! :) She's a doll. She's been a lot of fun to watch from birth to now and it's been an awesome experience. I think Kishu have a great, active, solid temperament - much more confident (on average, but maybe not in general) than the other NK I've seen in action.
  • @Crispy Ah, THE Portland out by me! That's awesome. :)
  • Ms. Fionna is getting big!

• Oh my gosh! She's so cute! Want to hug~

Helloooooo everybody!
  • Hello, Fionna!
    I love that picture.
    I think I might be in love with her~
  • Six and a half months and bigger than mom now!

• She's already bigger than Nami? Maybe you've said before and I just don't recall, but is Nami average size for a Kishu or small? Or a giant? ;) Just wondering if Fionna is particularly big or not.

And why must Fionna be so pretty? Not fair, lol.
  • She needs to come live with me :)
  • @WhoBitMe - Fionna will probably be an average size. She's about 30 pounds now and a little bit taller than Nami. Nami is tiny for a Kishu - she's a little bigger than my friend's male Shiba (who is the top of the standard).

@sjp051993 - Welllll... if you're serious... :p

My sister still hasn't really told me if she can keep Fionna or not yet. I've been holding on to her because she was supposed to sort out a leasing issue with her apartment, but there's been some disagreement... I can't say for sure, but I may be trying to find a new home for Fionna before I move to Oregon in March... I want to keep holding onto her, but I want to import another pup from Japan and I don't want to end up keeping a pup from Nami's first litter. :(
  • If that time comes and you need to find a home, we can talk. It would be good to keep her in the breeding population. I can't take another dog at this point until Tora is placed, but if it works out down the road....
  • She's pretty cause she comes from two of the best looking kishus ;)
  • Fionna will probably be an average size. She's about 30 pounds now and a little bit taller than Nami.
    How old is Fionna? And about how tall (to the top of her head). I read in the breed standard of the size up to the withers - but I'm not sure how many more inches to the top of their head!!! ;)
  • Fionna is gorgeous! Love all her pictures!
  • @bogopogo - I'd have to check what she is at the top of the head. If Nami is between 17 and 18 inches, Fionna is probably closer to 18 now, at her withers.

I can say that when she jumps up on me, she can plant her feet just above my hips.
  • She's beautiful...growing up to be a beautiful little kishu lady :)
  • Updates of Fionna!

• So pretty~ As always!
  • She's gorgeous!
  • Fi-fi! She LOVES THE SNOW. She wants to live in it. It's super exciting. Then again, I'm pretty sure everything ever is exciting to NK puppies. At least, to the Kishu puppies, it has been.

• I love the picture of her and London! :)
  • So much snow! Fionna's so pretty :) I love her pink nose. Is that Nami with her in the third photo down? That one's my favorite hahahah. I'm guessing she's going to your sister once you move. I hope we'll still get photos of her!
  • Pretty, pretty Fionna. Meitou is jealous of your snow. He loves snow, too.
  • Guess who Fionna got to meet!

Meitou was an absolute gentleman. @WhoBitMe
  • White Dog Roundup! Fiona is a super girl and Meitou has been training well, of course he was a gent! Good dogs!

Such difference in ears between the two breeds- ears and floof. cuties!