For all professional breeders: karafuto dog news 2014

edited November 2014 in Other Breeds
I found this online(it's in Japanese , so if anyone can translate it'd be appreciated. )I know some of you are breeders so I was wondering if you'd be interested in taking in some of these dogs from mr.sergey. They look to be mostly pure, but who knows.

http://www.nippon.com/ja/currents/d10013/

From what I can understand the dogs may be destroyed if not taken in.

Comments

• Please note that I'm not interested in any sort of gain I just want to help these dogs. Of course I can't take them in, which is why I told you guys.
  • Are they actually looking for people to take in the dogs/would they be open to foreigners seeking to take the dogs? From what I could gather, it sounds like a lot of the concern is that the traditions involved with maintaining the working dog are dying out and that people aren't willing to keep / take on the dogs... And while that is a really terrible shame, I wonder if there's anyone here in the community that has the kind of know-how or means that the current owner would be looking for to keep those traditions alive? For example, I'm from Texas; minimal hills, lots of heat, no snow, and no experience with sledding. If I were to take a dog, I think it would just be miserable, because I wouldn't be able to give it the work or exercise needed to keep it happy.
  • This article was original posted in July, I wouldn't be surprised if the dogs have already found new homes by now.
  • @Calia I truly hope so. If these dogs have been , I for one would like to talk to the person who took them. As there are only 12 dogs left, there is little hope for the breed itself. If these dogs are still alive and well, they're probably in Hokkaido.
    Are they actually looking for people to take in the dogs/would they be open to foreigners seeking to take the dogs? From what I could gather, it sounds like a lot of the concern is that the traditions involved with maintaining the working dog are dying out and that people aren't willing to keep / take on the dogs... And while that is a really terrible shame, I wonder if there's anyone here in the community that has the kind of know-how or means that the current owner would be looking for to keep those traditions alive? For example, I'm from Texas; minimal hills, lots of heat, no snow, and no experience with sledding. If I were to take a dog, I think it would just be miserable, because I wouldn't be able to give it the work or exercise needed to keep it happy.
    yes that is a very good point. Through my studies I've found that these dogs are susceptible to heat stroke. Even in japan such things happen. If you look at Hana; the last Japanese karafuto dog, she looked miserable. Ribs showing, living in a garage, her brother and niece dead. It's really sad. Though a good solution would be to find a foundation or kennel to take them in.

P.s.
    If anyone wants to see I've found quite a few pictures of Hana before her death.

And p.s.s
    Can anybody translate the article? If like to try and get into contact with the author if I can to see how the dogs turned out.