48 hours of non-stop whining

Saigo, (male intact Japanese Akita) has been whining non-stop for two days and its driving me nuts! He'll get up at around 7am and walk from window to window whining. He'll go from the backyard to upstairs to every room in the house all day. It appears that whatever is causing him to whine is outside. But when I look out the window, nothing is there. The only time he stops is when he is walked, is hanging out downstairs in the basement with us or sleeping.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? I'm wondering if the neighbourhood husky is in heat again.
Thanks, lisa.

Comments

• Sounds like she may be in heat again. Either that or he's not feeling well...
  • Second Brad :).
  • Thanks Brad,

...nothing to indicate Saigo isn't feeling well. His energy is high, poops are perfect and doesn't look to be acting any different physically, with the exception of the whining. We took him to an off leash today that's in another town and he was normal. When we got back home, whining started again. Leaning towards the husky now. This is new as he didn't do this last year. He will be 2 years old in December.
  • I had the pleasure of listening to Baron whine all morning. I hate when the females are in heat.
  • edited November 2014
    Seems like its worse in the mornings. Today he started howling a bit. At 6am. ~X(

If it is a female in heat, is there anything I can do to lessen the impact on him?