Dingoes

edited September 2014 in Rescue
We have a few Aussie dingoes available to awesome & qualified homes, if anyone here is interested. Qualifications: dog savvy, experience with a related breed (any of the Ken breeds is appropriate), 6 foot fence with dig skirting. One also needs a fence topper, or unclimbable privacy fence, when outdoors. They all like to come in, LOVE people, good with kids, love walks, good with the opposite sex. Most aren't a great choice with cats, although 2 would be ok if supervised. The 'adoption fee' is cost of spay or neuter (if it's not already done, we will deliver him/her to your vet & you can be the 'hero' & pick him up there). All are black & tan color phase (not the standard ginger). Email for more info, pics, etc: solowolf_93@yahoo.com Looking for a few great folks who love the "breed" and would help these guys get the respect they deserve. :-)

Comments

• Oh man, what an awesome opportunity!
  • Can you at least give a state for location? I always thought dingos were interesting but I was told you could never tame one enough for a pet.
  • I've met New guinea singing dogs. three actually. two males and female. The female loved my mom. haha

Saya liked one of the males and had fun hanging with him..

I know new guinea dogs are different, but I think they're similar in ways. Very primitive and smart. I know with singers they can be escape artist and need secure yard.

Got pictures of them? I'm curious to see.

Zoo in Fort Wayne Indiana area has some dingoes.. been wanting to go see them eventually.
  • Damn, wish they were legal in my area or I'd so jump on this opportunity. Would love to see pictures of them, black and tan phase must look amazing.
  • Everything we've got are escape artists. No matter what I do to it I'm deluding myself if I think my akita stays in a chainlink fence for any reason except she wants to. We have a serious wood privacy fence planned for the near future.
  • Wow, sounds so cool! I don't think my fence would hold them in, though. (And I'm at my limit with four dogs) but this is pretty cool. Would love to see some pics of them!
  • That IS so neat!!! I echo the would love to see pics! Unfortunately I think realistically I should cap myself at two furry friends, but I've always been curious anout dingoes :) best of luck finding some great homes for some awesome pups!
  • I'm in Ohio, and have two males available (father & son, 2.5yrs & 6mos). Also have two 6mos (M & F) at a relative's in SC. AFAIK, they are legal in all states except FL (needs permit) and NY (banned). Would want to double check though. Mine are related to the ones at Ft. Wayne zoo. :) They all look very similar... Here are pics of daddy & son:
  • Individual pics of pup...he's *very* sweet (dingoes, unlike many dogs, love hugs and kisses) although can be a bit timid at first with new people. We've been in the process of relocating & haven't gotten him out much lately. :-/ They love kids & opposite sex dogs. Cats are still a possibility for this pup, but it's a hassle b/c you have to supervise. Their instinct is to chase!

• More pics of Daddy. He is NOT cat friendly, & not other-male friendly. Loves the ladies though. Originally raised by a small boy, still acts great with kids. WILL climb a fence if he's motivated enough. He's very gentle and loving with me, seems to be sweet with most visitors but he is a bit guarded if he thinks you're going to hurt his pups. He's been a good daddy. The litter was unintentional (we took in an intact pair of adults, and--after showing NO escape tendencies at all--the male suddenly sailed an 8' tiger panel and knocked the other one up), but it's been quite the experience!
    In the 3rd pic, you can see his "Dingo Doodle" (like a mohawk). ;-)

• Ooo Ohio is driving distance but I just took in a husky pup and am getting a male Canaan. Plus getting that fence up so maybe a future plan.