Six Kai Ken in need of new homes....

edited August 2014 in Rescue
This was on FB, but I know not everyone here is on FB, so thought it might be a good idea to post it here, too, to get more exposure, esp. since the rescue is referring people to our forum to find out more about Kai Ken. Oh, should add dogs are in Oregon, and it looks like the owner is committed to placing them in good homes and will ship....but I only know what's on the page, so look at that for more details.

I know nothing more than what is in the link...I'm just passing on information. But I hope these dogs will be able to find a good home, esp. with people who are NK saavy, since we all know how it can sometimes be difficult for adult Kai to make a transition to a new home. (But once they do, they're great! We just should remind people to be super vigilant with new dogs--really any new dogs!--until they are fully adjusted into the new home)

Here's the link: http://shibainus.ca/

(I so want to take one, but we can only have four dogs, which we have. But I'm trying to talk them up to all my friends who might possibly be able to handle a Kai! :) )

Comments

• I put the word out for this one. Fingers crossed.
  • Me too. Just hoping we can get the word out and help get these dogs in good homes. I have some friends who have contacted the people helping with rescue, too, so I'm hoping something will work out for them, too....They haven't had NKs but they do have a dog that was a rez dog that they took in and so have handled dogs that take some time to adjust, so I think they'd make a good home for a Kai (they met Leo and fell in love with the breed!)
  • Have they all found homes?
  • I know someone (a potential adopter) who was going to meet Chiba today.
  • One of my friends was hoping to hear too, about one of the dogs. I don't know what was going on other than they had been talking about possibilities of shipping, because it is hot where they are--probably too hot to ship now. Haven't had an update on it in awhile.
  • edited September 2014
    Hello - I just wanted to let everyone know that I re-homed one of the six Kai Kens and picked her up today. I will let her share Yoshi's Hawaiian Gardener FB page to post photos of her adventures with Yoshi here in New England. I renamed her from Claira Bell to Kona. I appreciated the direct help I received from Kim and Brad as well as info I got from reading the posts here in this forum and I am sure I will continue my education here.

Thanks for all of your help! Wu

Click here to see pictures from Kona's new album.
  • Yay!!! Can't wait to hear more stories about your Kona, congrats!!! Hoping for all the best! So so far two are rehomed I think? So happy to hear :)