Yamabushi no Kimber -- Update and Snow Fun 2-8-16

Comments

• Kimber has such a squishable face! :) It's great to hear about her and Kona's adventures in lure coursing. I'm glad everyone had a good time.
  • edited July 2014
    In the running pictures Kimber looks just like her sister :P. She looks like she had so much fun
  • @WhoBitMe, she is squishable all over (at least compared to Kona haha), but ESP her face!! xP i was pointing that out to @zandrame too, but her squishiness makes her a GREAT cuddle buddy, and she does love to cuddle :)

@NavyDog , I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at these, they have SO many similar features and gestures too hehe, they would have a BALL together!!...it would be so cool to get them together *sigh*...why you all the way on the other side of the country, lol?! :P
  • @mdokic I'm a little jealous that Kimber is so cuddle-able. Meitou will let me cuddle with him, sort of...but if I'm not careful it brings out the humping monster lurking just below Meitou's adorable surface, lol.
  • @mdokic Exactly. He gets overexcited easily and humping is one of his default behaviors then. That are being overly mouthy. But the humping is the part everyone finds most traumatizing. LOL
  • @mdokic tell me about it! I need to move to Cali lol.
    @WhoBitMe Yucca doesn't cuddle either. The closest she gets to cuddling is laying on my feet at night =_=. Good thing my other dog is a cuddle bug
  • @NavyDog Meitou doesn't mind, sometimes. But he prefers to lay on my feet or right up against me without actually cuddling. My other dog is actually even less of a cuddler than Meitou. A month or two ago she came into my room one morning and insisted on cuddling for a long time and it freaked me out because she is normally so averse to it.
  • @WhoBitMe haha! I would be freaked our too if Yuc did that. I'd think something was wrong.
  • @NavyDog YES. YES YOU DO!!!
  • Kimber goes lure coursing too!

This pic is with a dog who looked like she could be a potential Kai mix. Her owner said she was from a shelter in San Bernardino and is about 3 years old.

She took a little tumble about 20 seconds into the first run, but quickly recovered.
    And, for being such a mellow girl, Kimber does not like ending a run! She knows the corral at the end means it's over! :D

• edited August 2014
    @zandrame, these photos and videos are so awesome, i get to feel like i was there!!! Kimber is ridiculous at the end of all of her runs, i laughed everytime, i think she DOES stop further and further away every time! She just wants to keep going (even if it's slowly) :P I'll have to rename these threads now haha :)
  • Good job, Kimber! :)
  • Haha, we gotta think of some way to get Kimber to run till the end. I wonder if she'd like if they attached a pelt or a toy to the line. Silly girl!
  • Yeeeaah...we really do. I feel bad they take so much time just luring her back in...sucks they dont want to allow treats :/ A toy may work, but i think she would kind of do the same thing at the end "i know this is ending, and i REFUSE to finish!"
  • Kimber at the end totally cracks me up. I could see my girls being that way.
  • @sjp051993 lol! Can't even be mad at them because they look so adorable and happy xP
  • Tavi would definitely do the same thing. :P
  • Why are some of our girls so silly lol?! xP
  • Pics of Kimber from this weekend.

She really does make the best faces! These are my faves from the pro ;)
    20141005Kimber0465
    20141005Kimber0464
    20141005Kimber0463
    20141005Kimber0452
  • LOL!!! The picture of Kona under her trying to get a better view of the lure....bahahaha xP and her faces in all the ones the pro took, I like the one of her seemingly un-interested face but mouth WIDE open, she's so funny :P

Kimber didn't play *as* hard to catch this time, and had a much easier time running faster and harder since it was just big loops, so i think she had more fun :) The whole weekend was a blast, and thanks to @zandrame for the pictures and shade over the weekend, helped keep everyone cool!
  • I'm yelling KIMBER! what a fun time! Good girl!
  • Kimber is so precious. Good job Kimber! :) And I love that picture of Kona going under Kimber.
  • Congrats Kimber and mama!
  • Thanks!! Kimby is such a goof...keeps you laughing the whole time :)
  • Kimber lost all kinds of coat in this coat blow, she doesn't even look like the same dog without her mane and tail! She's been enjoying the yard as well...she plays a lot more at the new house than ever before, both inside the house and out in the yard (she also likes to rip up grass for fun and sprinkle it around like confetti while galloping around)...naughty troublemaker. She also liked to sunbathe a bit :) Here's some new ones of Kimby

DSC_7204

found a good hiding spot
    DSC_7224

DSC_7253

DSC_7260

DSC_7265

DSC_7242

And these two i think are the essence of kimber :P
    DSC_7281

10309374_10152804203711826_9112603383331459819_n
  • Oh, Kimber! She's so much fun and so adorable... I like imagining her throwing the grass around like confetti!
  • She looks like she's got trouble written on her face... I love it! Kimber and Mya should get together... She can throw grass and Mya can throw toys, it'll be a fun little party! Lol!
  • @WrylyBrindle , I'll have to get a video for you! She does it almost everyday...when she's really getting riled up to play she grabs even bigger mouthfuls :P She's so silly... lol @Myabee09!! We should!! They could have their own crazy party! xP And would probably have so much fun haha
  • So cute, she reminds me of Kumi! Overt time expect tracks from the laps. Do your dogs toss sticks and pebbles in the air to play?