Kira the Cream Shiba

13»

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Kira's birthday will be this Thursday, June 19th and we celebrated early this past weekend. Kira will be a year old!!! :)

Kira visited the ocean at Virginia Beach for the first time where we met up with a Kai Ken Yucca @navydog and Shikoku Kiyoshi @Dragonfly from the forum. That evening, we had a birthday party for her with her BFF, Penny the Chihuahua.

The next day Kira went to a kite festival, my bf flies dual-line kites and it was a beautiful day!

Here are the pictures from this past birthday weekend celebration for Kira's first birthday!

Kira sees the ocean for the first time...
    Kira on the beach

She was kind of in awe of it
    Kira watching the ocean

The sand was peculiar to her
    Kira walking in sand

Yucca photobombing Kira
    Yucca photobomb

Another Yucca photobomb
    Yucca photobomb 2

Yucca is officially my favorite Kai, I adore her!
    Yucca and Kira watching waves

Yucca likes the water, Kira is not so sure about it
    Yucca and Kira 3

Kira is starting to warm up to the moving waves, Yucca loves the waves!
    Yucca and Kira 1

Kiyoshi watching the girls play
    Kiyoshi watching the girls play

Kira getting ganged up on

Kiyoshi is such a handsome guy, and such a gentleman. Kira was Miss GrowlyPants to him.

Kira is officially a beach girl!
    Kira beach closeup

Kira is so happy, she loves the beach!

Kira's Birthday Cake! Wheat-free peanut butter bone cake from Three Dog Bakery - she loves it!
    Kira birthday cake

Kira celebrated her early birthday party at her BFF's house - Penny the Chihuahua. The martini glass is mine, not Kira's! :))
    Kira birthday cake and present

That smells amazing!
    Kira and Penny staring at cake

They both finally agreed to pose!

Her first bite of cake. Nom nom nom!
    Kira eats her cake

Kira licking the icing
    NOM NOM NOM cake

Kira wonders what is the pink thing
    what are this pink thing

"OK, I'll try it!" Kira likes watermelon!
    mmmm watermelon

Kira at the Kite Festival
    Kira at Kite Festival 3

Dual line kites behind Kira
    Kira at Kite Festival 4
  • Love all these!!! Looks like she's been having awesome adventures, and an awesome bday cake! ;) I wish I could give her and yucca kisses!!!!
  • Aww you got some great pictures!! I love her birthday cake :)
  • Awesome action shots! Kira was a growlypants but Kiyoshi totally loved it
  • Kira liked Kiyoshi better after she ate. It was so cute. She let him give her kisses and everything. :)
  • It's so true! Kira missed her breakfast and that made her into Miss GrowlyPants. Kira was much sweeter after she had some food and a little nap at our brunch. Kiyoshi and Kira are definitely sweet on each other, that's why she gives him such a hard time! ;)

I had such a blast with you two! We must do it again soon, Saturdays are best for me as long as work permits...
  • Looks like so much fun. Happy birthday, Kira!
  • Little Kira is only 1? Happy birthday! Your pictures are so great.
  • It's been a while since I've updated or even been active for quite a while. Summer is always a busy time for me, going out of town or planning for vacation.

During Fourth of July, I pet sat an older female Shiba, her name is Miko and she is 13 years old. She is such a sweet, old sage. Kira got along really well with her.

Kira also gets along very well with our two cats - here she is getting kitty kisses from Lynx! She loves it.

Kira's bf is a handsome white Akita, Buddy who is a few months older than her. She loves chasing and playing with Buddy!

Kira with her present I got her because I was going on vacation

Picture I took of my two loves before leaving for vacation :(

Kira's happy face the day after I came home from my vacation

• Kira is so beautiful. :) Lucky you have so many forum members close to you.

Love the birthday cake so cute.
  • Aww, I miss Kira! She's such a sweetheart! Hanzo terrorizes the cat every chance he gets. He's just trying to play, but doesn't get that the hissing and smacking and growling isn't the cat playing too.
  • Oh Kira, you may be one of my favorite shiba i've ever met. Give her a hug for me! :D
  • Yay!! I love Kira!! She looks like her bf's mini-me
  • Hah, she's a literal shorty!
  • Kira and Lynx are so cute together!
  • Thanks everyone! We've passed the one year mark and I still try to take Kira for socialization outings at least once every week in preparation for the snarky and intolerant Shiba that I hear so much about.
    It's worth trying, at least. Right? :>
  • You do so many good socialization activities with her, I think it is!! :) I love that girl!
  • Kira has had a very busy week, it was all about her! On Tuesday, she visited my Mom at the beach.

She had a date Friday night with her bf Buddy the Japanese Akita Inu.

On Saturday, her bestie Yucca the Kai Ken came for a sleepover then an early Sunday morning hike on a local trail about 3 miles into Belle Isle.

Kira visits VA Beach

WP_20140902_17_58_27_Pro.jpg

Happy Kira on the beach

WP_20140902_17_54_34_Pro.jpg

Kira with her bf Buddy the Japanese Akita

DSC01404 copy

DSC01440

DSC01441

DSC01433

DSC01428

DSC01417

DSC01414

DSC01411

DSC01401

Kira and Yucca the Kai Ken hiking in Richmond, Va

• Kira looks like she's been having a TON of fun recently (well, always looks like she's having fun!)...love all the pics. You've got an awesome pup Cynthia! :)
  • Omg! The first pic with Kira and buddy is so cute!! They are such an adorable couple! We had so much fun. Definitely gotta do it again sometime. Maybe we can talk @tmd into bringing Hanzo :)
  • Kira is looking adorable as usual. I really like the happy, demon-eyed doggy friends picture.

We totally would've been there if we hadn't already had plans out of town :((

On the other hand, Hanzo had a fun hike up Smith Mountain above Smith Mountain Lake and got to see his first bear. He was definitely interested in trying to get closer. We had him leashed though, so thankfully all he could do was posture and not give chase. :D
  • Kira met her brother, Jiro, who lives in GA this past weekend. They were traveling to visit family in DC.

I also included a cute Christmas photo for good measure, being that it's the eve of Christmas Eve!

Kira my test subject

Cats in the sun

Kira being sweet to Dobie

Jiro running

Kira watching Jiro

Shiba wrestling

Jiro stalks Kira

Kira attacks Jiro

Kira with Dobies

Kira & Dobie stare down

New - Kira with Xmas tree
  • Kira is such a beautiful little lady!
    And the photo of the cats is great. Cats make awesome expressions. :3
  • Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :D

I spent the day with my valentine, Kira @};- and we travelled to Hampton, Virginia to meet with fellow Nihon Ken friends at the World Of Pets Expo!

Kira with her bestie, Yucca @navydog !

Afterwards, we went to a friend's house and watched as 4 Shibas, 1 Kai Ken, and 1 American Staffordshire Terrier played in the yard for a couple hours.

Shiba Butt Sniffing Train!!! :))

I took Kira for a run on the beach before we headed home.

• Kira looks sooo happy :) what a sweet face! The meetup with all the dogs looks like fun :D
  • I have an update but this one will be without pictures.

Much has happened in the last 6 months. We bought a new house in May and Kira turned two on June 19th. I was concerned that the new house with all hardwood floors would not be a smooth transition so since the closing date up until the day we moved (2 weeks later) I brought her with us to the new house.

Kira loved the new house and transitioned so well after our move. We always crated her at the old house, but decided that a new environment was the perfect opportunity to test her to no longer be crated.

We've been here 3 months now and have never had any issues with her. To date, since taking her home at 7 weeks, I'm proud to say that Kira has never had an accident in the house. For a Shiba, she is the best and most well behaved dog I've ever owned. Besides her stubbornness (she refuses to wake up earlier than 8am) I am convinced that my Shiba is "defective". :))