Introducing Haruki

Comments

• Also i know its hard to tell from these pics i will upload more after the show this weekend (wish us luck!) , does anyone have an opinion on her colouring? What type of brindle she would be classed as? Red brindle? Its so hard to tell now but she is getting more red as she matures :-)
  • She looks like she has heavy stripes. I don't know JA-specific colors, but I'd call her a black brindle. Hopefully, you get some JA people in here! :)
  • Thanks @Crispy!
    Here is Haruki at her first show (we entered a few before this but the shows are an 8 hour round trip and we missed a couple).
    photo DSCN0403_zps3b999e2b.jpg

photo DSCN0404_zpsc880d526.jpg
  • So much want for that cutie! :D
  • Ill post some new pics soon, she is growing so quickly. She is a little over 19kg now and nearly 22 weeks old.
  • Ok some more spam- these were taken at a champ show last weekend :)
    photo DSCN0451_zps70f0d3ba.jpg

photo DSCN0454_zps3a18dc7f.jpg

photo DSCN0450_zps8e7778c9.jpg
  • She's growing up so pretty!
  • I think so too :D shes is a pretty girl
  • Her coloring is beautiful. I just love her. :)
  • Exciting news! Haruki is the first brindle Akita (Japanese) to win a class in group in Australia! I was so excited i cried while still in the ring lol. Just happy to have a judge that did his research and recognised how awsome she is! Ill upload more pics tonight. :-)
  • Congratulations to you and Haruki! That's so awesome! :) I'm looking forward to the pics.
  • I wish we had shows closer to home- we have to travel 4 hours each way to get there :/ But this is the cost of getting the breed out there!
    This photo is after we won Puppy in group, with our judge - he had lovely things to say about Haruki so im kind of grinning like a maniac in this pic.
    photo DSCN0643_zps007dc730.jpg
  • She is just coming up 7 months old now and is really maturing-
    photo DSCN0626_zpse7234f63.jpg
  • yay! Congrats beautiful strong looking pup.
  • Congrats! Beautiful pup. I love the brindle JAs.
  • Thankyou everyone. She is just amazing! We are driving 4 hrs (again!)to the Royal show for South Australia tomorrow. Im super nervous but she shows herself basically :-P
  • Woohoo! Haruki won BOB at the Royal show under a Canadian judge. I am so chuffed, she is doing so well to represent the breed here in South Australia, and building awareness of the brindle variety :-)
  • Awesome job! :)
  • Thanks! I am currently trying to make a brochure with some basic info of the breed to hand out when we go back for group/show specials. I am far from computer savvy, so its a bit of a pain- but we had atleast 100 people ask me what breed she was followed by a series of silly questions. I was asked if she was really a coyote- What The!!! 1) no Coyotes in Australia. 2) We are at a DOG SHOW!!
    So i figured rather than me repeating myself over and over i will hand out some brochures :D
  • Some updated SPAM!! and because I am lazy I will include photos of the Shibas in this thread too :P
    Haruki in line up for BEST IN SHOW the first time she won puppy in group
    photo DSCN0664_zpsd6706c3b.jpg

My bf took Haruki to a show by himself as I was ill....and what do you know they won minor puppy in group!!
    photo DSCN0753_zpsd17df7f1.jpg

One of Haruki's 'official' photographs from winning BOB at the Royal show
    photo 140909-2942_zpsa681e1c8.jpg

Happy Haruki before going in the ring at the Royal
    photo 140909-3362_zps74f3ee4f.jpg

The three youngins refusing to go to bed last night
    photo DSCN0815_zpse5223189.jpg

My beautiful princess Koyuki
    photo DSCN0823_zps39299ec2.jpg

And Takeo snoozing in his favourite spot
    photo DSCN0820_zps1467a513.jpg
  • Haruki has such a lovely face! And all your other pups are simply adorable. :)
  • Love the pics of your dogs. :)
  • Haruki is now the FIRST brindle Japanese Akita Inu in AUSTRALIA to become an Australian Champion, at just 8 and a half months old, and in only 2 and a half months of gaining challenge points!! We are super proud, we have worked really hard and put a lot into getting to shows and building awareness of the breed in Australia. Our wallets are empty, but our hearts are full of joy!! Lol...ill put photos up on the weekend
  • some updated spam!!
    This first one was what I saw looking out the kitchen window the other week xo
    photo IMG_0130_zps08385217.jpg

This one my bf will kill me for posting LOL but I think its sweet- he was feeding her dried liver from his mouth,..hmm
    photo IMG_0070_zps5754959d.jpg

This is my FAVOURITE! My friend who breeds and shows Aus Sheps took this photo for me :) This was taken on the weekend that Haruki gained her AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP points and also won Minor Puppy In Group too!!
    photo 10710469_292751977602518_4776119375556205822_o_zpsf0dcd27f.jpg
  • Oh and this is a pretty headshot of her- She is just so stunning
    photo IMG_0088_zpsaab62b75.jpg
  • edited November 2014
    Sometimes showing a breed that is still so 'new' in the country can be disappointing I am coming to realise! I didn't quite understand how bad some judges are for a)awarding their friends, not the dogs
    b) literally not even looking at your dog because her friend is stacked next to you
    c) hanging out in the tents of the people the judge awards before and after awarding them (making it quite obvious that their dogs will win no matter what) and most importantly
    d) not even knowing what your breed is even though it is in the group they knew they were judging MONTHS beforehand and if they can so adequately judge The American Akitas then surely they must know the history and know of the Japanese Akita Inu too? we travelled an 8 hour round trip on Saturday to attend a show but the judge didn't even look at Haruki and even asked the steward 'what breed is this?' Are dog shows like this in other countries too?
  • Aww. :( Sorry guys. That sounds terrible.

I am new to showing and I've only done it casually at small-time matches, but that has not been my experience. The judges have been very kind and even helpful in pointing out different things about my dog that I don't really pay attention to because it's not what I value or just haven't bothered to look at and they've always been interested in the breed. :\

I also haven't been to the "major leagues", lol. I went to shows where things seemed a little more casual in general.

Haruki looks stunning in her last picture. :)
  • Yeh I also found at the smaller shows (held at the same venues but hosted by the smaller kennel clubs) were brilliant, the judges were great-really interested in Haruki and gave lots of good feedback and weren't too scared to award her even though she is new to the ring and they haven't seen the breed before. The shows I was talking about in my last post was more about the last few shows we went to- lots of people from inter-state. It just makes me feel defeated when I see the judge drinking champaigne with certain competitors all day in between judging and then awarding those competitors and meanwhile everyone at the ring is saying how obvious it is and the judge and champaigne drinking competitors laugh it off. I don't mind not being awarded, but the judges aren't going to learn more about the breed if they don't even look at her, or even ask questions .
  • That's too bad you had some poor experiences. Shame on the judge for not even looking Haruki over. She's gorgeous!

And that picture of her taking dried liver...so cute. ;) Is she pretty gentle about it? My elderly dog used to be pretty good about gently taking food from people's mouths back when I would let her do it, but I wouldn't dare do it with Meitou. Hahaha. He's way too hyper and I would rather not get punched in the face with his face.
  • She is super gentle when at shows, or out and about but at home she is soo hyper! She is a sweet girl that just loves people so much she will kiss them to death!!