Shizuka - New Kishu pup

Shizu arrived safely from Japan on thursday. She's a real cutie!

Comments

• Love love love.

...and so does Kishin.
  • Oh my goodness! She's so cute! Gah, her face! And I love her name. It sounds pretty. Poor little thing being followed around by Kishin. ;) Meitou would have behaved the same way....plus probably humping. I'm excited for you and Shizuka. :)
  • So happy she made it safely. Poor pup gets more carsick than any pup I've ever seen!
  • What a great looking pup. Speaking of Shizuka chan, the kids and I were watching doraemon lol.
  • Congrats!!! It seems like everyone is getting the cutest dogs all at once! :)
  • Kishin looks so happy :)! Congrats.
  • Congrats! She is super cute
  • Oh, I am so glad this happened. :) Good decision, Shigeru!

I will have a hard time not calling her Shizuku Tsukishima. I imagined someday getting a Shizuku to go with my Seiji (Amasawa)- but that wasn't how it played out.
  • Big thanks to Shigeru for helping strengthen the US kishu gene pool!
  • Congrats!! Such a cutie ;)
  • Congrats! She's so beautiful, I absolutely cannot wait to see her as an adult!
  • She's such jailbait...:P

Jesse
  • She's such jailbait...:P

Jesse
    LOL jailbait. So true.
  • She is adorable. :)

• Thanks all! Shizu is doing great, she's very sweet and loves our daughter. Shizu has a lot to say too! lol

Yes, a special thanks to @TheWalrus (Shigeru), he's a true friend.

Shizu has been hanging out with the Kai pups (Hazuki and Kiko). I'll try to get some videos of them playing later today or tomorrow.
  • What a beautiful puppy she is! Congrats, it sounds like she fits right into your family. :)
  • She looks great. I'm glad she is fitting with your pack.
    Please keep us updated on her progress
  • Any new photos of the Lady Kishu?
  • Yep... Uploading now...
  • Here is a Shizu update...

Kishin-Shizuka

Shizuka-3

Shizuka-4

Shizuka-2

Shizuka-1

• She's so cute, I might have to get a puppy from you in the future. I love the colored ones.
  • She is pretty! I hope you will get some colored coats from her and Kishin.

Do we know how the coat color combination works in this? Maybe there is only a 25% chance of getting a colored coat when bred to a white? At least in consideration that the parents of said white dog are also white dogs themselves.

Something like this maybe:

Shizu: cc ww
    Kishin: ww ww

Wait...what color are her parents? Are they both Yushoku?

Still working on getting these coat color combos figured out. =]

• I think Crispy figured it out and according to her calculations a kishin X Shizu litter would be all white.
  • She is beautiful!
  • edited June 2014
    @ShikokuSpirit @Shishiinu

If Shizu has the same inheritance as Nami (one white parent), it is safe to say that she is a carrier for recessive red (what we call "white").

So... in the most simplified way,

Shizu = Ee (E = wild type; e = recessive red)
    Kishin = ee

They would have a 50/50 chance per puppy to be wild-type or recessive red and every wild-type puppy would be a carrier for recessive red. Nami has the same chance to have colored puppies when bred to a white dog.

This is only looking at the recessive red gene, however. There may be other genes that contribute to white in the Japanese breeds and the Kishu Ken, specifically.
  • So awesome to see so many NK in one place. Shizuka fits right in!
  • Congratulations! Have to agree with you, she is a cutie..
    Like the videos of your pack. Thanks for posting them.
  • Such a cute pup! And very cool markings.
  • I love that curious little face!
  • Shizuka has such an intense face. I love it. :)