Kiyomi has joined our family!: Photo updates 8/14/14

We have now transitioned from "soon to be Shikoku parents" to Shikoku puppy slaves. Kiyomi joined us last Wednesday when we picked her up in Courtenay. We spent 12 hours on the road, on the sea and in the air with her and she was fantastic the whole time.

Our 5 yr old Shiba Inu, Kuma, wasn't too happy when we introduced them, but after a few days being together they get along pretty well. Of course that is until Kiyomi decides she needs to be in his face constantly. It's a lot of fun watching them play together.

Kiyomi, Kina(@shikoku31) and Tenchu(@Racie) are from the same litter.

For now here are a few pics of Kiyomi:

photo kiyomi_bag.jpg

photo kiyomi_z1.jpg

photo DSC_0140.jpg

photo DSC_0142.jpg

photo kiyomi_0151.jpg

photo DSC_0161.jpg

photo kiyomi_0166.jpg

photo kiyomi_0171.jpg

Comments

• Adorable! :) Love the name and nice coloring too.
  • Beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures as she grows!
  • Kiyomi is already gorgeous, can't wait to see how much more beautiful she gets!
  • amagawd :( let me know if you ever need a baby sitter! I'm not far away near Watson Park!!

Husband said no to a 3rd dog. But he's ok with my dog-sitting other NKs. ;) Maybe it'll persuade him!

So who was the most excited in your family? Pretty sure your daughter was crazy about getting another puppy.
  • Oh wow. She is gorgeous! Congrats on bringing her home. :)
  • Congrats on Kiyomi!

We also have a 5 year old Shiba, he and Tenchu are working on getting along. So far the Shiba just runs upstairs when he is fed up with Tenchu.
  • So gorgeous! Congrats!
  • She's cute! Gonna be gorgeous as an adult.
  • Wow! She is gorgeous!!! Love her look! Congrats!
  • Kiyomi is super cute!
    I got a red snake similar Kiyomi's for Meitou, too. He chewed off half its face and the tip of the tail, but he loves it.
  • Thanks everyone! We are extremely happy to have her. She's been a good girl so far. She is quite active and a brave little one. Didn't take her long to figure out she could jump up on the couch and shortly after that she jumped off the back. We make sure to keep a watchful eye now. Every once in a while if we're sitting on the couch she launches herself at one of us and then proceeds to give us kisses. It's funny, but if you're not expecting it, you get a nose in the eye.

@Bootz, you are right. My daughter has wanted a pup for a while, especially since we got Kuma at about 1 year old. She's quite happy now although she wanted Kiyomi at the furry potato stage.

@Racie, for the first couple of days, we kept the contact between Kiyomi and Kuma limited to a few minutes. He wasn't too pleased with her. Kiyomi bugged the heck out of Kuma and we let him "correct" her. It sounded much worse than it was. He didn't nip her or anything, but he got his message across. She's more wary about when to approach him now, although we keep the two apart so that he can have his space. They play together well, but only when Kuma wants to. She's at the point now where she just follows him around. If he doesn't want her around he lets her know.

@WhoBitMe, Kiyomi really likes that snake. It's actually Kuma's snake but he doesn't seem to care if she plays with it. Kuma used to play with the snake a lot, but he rarely touches it now. We have a Mr Bill toy and she bit his nose off. Her favorite toys right now are the Kong braids toys, one is Kuma's chewed up moose, a moose head and just rope strands at this point, and the other is her little red cardinal braid.
  • She looks great -- congrats!!
  • She's a cutie :) Congrats
  • Look at those little red ears!
  • More Kiyomi spam from today...

photo Kuma_Kiyomi_10x7-0193.jpg

photo Kuma_Kiyomi_10x7-0196.jpg

photo Kuma_Kiyomi_10x7-0197.jpg

photo Kuma_Kiyomi_10x7-0208.jpg

photo Kuma_Kiyomi_10x7-0214.jpg

• Congrats! That is a really really cute puppy!
  • LOL The last picture of your first post; your Shiba is looking at you like "WTF did you bring back home!?" :))
  • Thanks @Grayjj, @Dragonfly & @rafatturi!

@poltergeist, too funny! I think you hit the nail squarely on the head! I'd wouldn't doubt that Kuma was thinking exactly that. :)
  • Congrats….

@poltergeist I was thinking that too….like, "when is this thing leaving"
  • Haha! I just noticed that look! I think my Shiba did the same thing when I brought home my chi puppy. She was like, "wth is this tiny squeaking critter, and what is the return policy for it?" It's so great you got a picture of that! I'm sure they'll be besties in no time. :)
  • Congrats!
    So cute :)

• Kiyomi is growing fast! She has doubled her weight since we picked her up 17 days ago (now ~13 lbs) and she is quite a bit taller. Should have measured her when we got home... Lots of work keeping up with her, but so much fun...

More Kiyomi spam...

This is video of Kuma and Kiyomi playing two days after we came home.

More video 11 days later...

photo DSC_0230.jpg
    My first bone!

photo DSC_0233.jpg

photo DSC_0238.jpg

photo IMG_0819.jpg

photo IMG_0821.jpg
    Zzzzzzzzzz

photo DSC_0002-1.jpg

photo Kiyomi-0012.jpg
  • OMG she is gorgeous!! I love her coloring
  • Omg... so cute!! Kuma is adorable with her around. Didn't get to see him like that at the dog parks.

Ok. Wow THATS your backyard?!?! NICEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Love love love the spotted belly
  • I'd like to call first dibs on her clone.

• More Kiyomi spam. Pictures of Kiyomi and Kuma playing in the backyard. Kiyomi is about 15 wks in these pix and growing like a weed... She's about 15.5+ inches at the withers and somewhere around 20 lbs. She's a little fireball, but so much fun...

photo DSC_0109-1.jpg

photo DSC_0146-1.jpg

photo DSC_0154-1.jpg

photo DSC_0156-1.jpg

photo DSC_0157-1.jpg

photo DSC_0170.jpg
  • She's a beauty! Love the pic of both dogs standing side by side : )
  • Wonderful pictures of the two playing!
  • @ruby, Kiyomi has a couple of black spots on her tongue as well
    @haalumni, I think we're keeping the first clone :)

Thank you @keroline33 and Kira_Inu