Donation Aid for Kishu Nami's Family

As many of our community members know, CJ Hammond opened her home to the adult Kishu-Ken Nami recently, who had never had a noticeable heat and was suspected to be infertile. To the complete surprise of everyone, Nami was discovered to be rather advanced in pregnancy (by Taro, the male Kishu at her previous home) and delivered 5 puppies a few short weeks after her arrival. CJ did her best to learn everything she could in time to deliver and raise the puppies, but unluckily Nami and the pups have required a great deal of veterinary attention. Unfortunately, despite excellent clinical care, two pups have now been lost and CJ is bearing up the heavy burden of an effort, emotion, and expenses she could not have prepared for. CJ works hard, is very knowledgeable, and truly loves her dogs -but she is also juggling work and college classes.

Our Forum Family has set up a fund to help ease the impact of the $4,000 in Vet bills that have been needed to treat the kishu family. To make a donation please contribute as you are able via paypal: donations@nihonken.org

ETA: please make a note in your donation "For Nami the Kishu"

Thank you very much!
The Nihon Ken Forum Family

Comments

• Donated :). Not much but at least something.
  • And please make sure it is specified when sent as: For Nami the Kishu.

Thank you everyone!!!
  • Oh s***, I didn't put anything to it.
  • Glad we're doing this....I was thinking it would be a great thing to do. I can't donate much, but even a little bit helps, I imagine!
  • Thank you! There are many members, so all amounts will add up! and it's important to think of not only how much we can raise to knock that bill down a bit, but also the number of PEOPLE who want to help CJ (forum name @Crispy) and the kishus is where the love is.
  • Thanks Chrystral for putting this up (and everyone else who helped)!
  • I cannot express how very happy I am to have Nami here with me, the puppies, and this community for support. I wasn't sure what to expect with this litter, so I just tried to learn as much as possible. The last few weeks have been filled with joy, surprise, and uncertainty, but this last weekend has left us with a lot to grieve.

Everyone has been so incredibly kind, helpful, and patient with me through everything. I certainly was not expecting to see this when I got online today, but I am incredibly grateful that I have all of you in my life.
  • Wish I could do even more...thanks for setting this up Chrystal, and thanks for keeping your chin up and being amazing CJ. I admire you in so many ways and wish I could be there to help. Give all the doggies (and puppies) kisses for me. ♥
  • Just got paid, so I've pitched in now, and as such - am giving this thread a bump!
  • Sorry a little late but sent a little something. A little Sunday bump for this thread.