Nippo Classic 2014 FALL

Comments

• I went last year but Chicago is too far. I'll go again if it comes back east a bit further.
  • Chicago is only 3.5 hours further than last year's location, guys. That's like, a dinner and a movie.

I drive from California, lol.
  • East Coat is 12 hours from me, at least Chicago and Ohio are within 8 hours. I'm happy with that, of course. However I have done the 12 hour drive many times.
  • I won't make it to Chicago, either. Maybe back when I lived in Grand Rapids... or if I had a dog, but it's too expensive for spectating :P
  • It's about expenses for me and time off work. Chicago requires a full days drive to and from. So it's either classic in Chicago or show in ca.
  • I can't wait to go! o_____o
    Chicago isn't that far! I made it to Springfield in 22 hours. I'm sure it can't be *that* bad.
  • @sjp051993 That makes sense. And all things considered, I'd rather see you at the Cali show! :D
  • Cali show or bust!
  • Chicago is a bit far for me, too. Especially if I am planning on making the CA show. Hopefully the Spring show next year will be a bit farther east. :)
  • I was planning on attending this AND the CA show but I just found out my sister set a destination wedding this year, and I've gotta save my pennies for that.

As a result, I will not be attending the NIPPO Classic this year :(. I'm really bummed as I thoroughly enjoyed meeting with all the NK members last year.

Jesse
  • I'm shooting to show Matsu in 2015 at NIPPO Classic. (if its back in OH) I have no fundage this year as we are putting everything we have into paying off the roof and some debt.
  • September will work better on my end as well. Assuming I do not have any litters on the ground...I plan on going with Ayla (Kotomi x Kaiju daughter).
  • I'll be there with saigo.
  • I'm so psyched to have other JAs besides my own for the first time.
  • Posted. St . Louis Missouri at purina farms sept 12 and 14
  • edited June 2014
    NIPPO Classic 2014 location and dates announced!

Site is Purina Farms, on the outdoor field. Dates are Sept 12-14. See http://www.nippoclassic.org/

Premium will be available toward late July.

Edit: DOH @cdenney beat me to it.
  • Lol but you have the link!
  • Hmmmm....St Louis is in driving distance. I might just have to consider bringing Nero and family and being spectators!
  • Ouch... That is too far away for me... :(
  • WTF, St Louis?!! That's no where near Ohio or Michigan.
  • edited June 2014
    Your definition of "near" varies greatly from my own. XD

My first thought: 'Its 3 hours shorter on a 4 day drive.... well, jeeze, that's hardly closer to me at all.'
  • missouri? The Show Me State?

I'm definitely out. Have fun, all!
  • Wow, that's definitely neither Detroit nor Chicago areas! And very definitely too far for me to come as a spectator. I hope everyone who does go has a lot of fun!
  • FYI: There is a large National Specialty, two AKC all breed shows, and two AKC Group Shows at the Purina Farms Event Center (indoor spaces) on the same weekend as the Classic.

I was going to take my (hopefully) two month old litter and enter them in the show if it was like the venue from previous years - small, limited to just the NIPPO dogs, and at a hotel. But not with five other dog shows with hundreds of dogs from all over the country at some farm. I'm not willing to take that risk.
  • From what I understand from a lot of handlers they hate the purina farms venues. Not in my budget this year with the planned trip to CA in Nov. Also, I'm not sure I will ever attend another Nippo Classic.
  • Wow. We could have swung Chicago or Detroit (the former if we did it vacation style, the latter a day trip) but St. louis is out of the question. I'm a bit surprised that they would choose a venue/weekend with so many other dog shows going on simultaneously. To all of you who are going, have fun!

@sjp051993 - may I ask why that is?

• I will probably still go if I have the money by then. I'd like to bring Nami. The distance isn't too much further and I have family out that way...
  • I have family there as well and I would also be passing through my hometown. Maybe making this a family trip :).
  • @poeticdragon yah, I guess i shouldn't complain since you have a longer trip.

@violet_in_seville I would have considered the trip ( I'd fly with Saigo ) but I'm totally not interested in bringing him to a big show with hundreds of other dogs and people. I can handle him at a small venue, but after hearing this...

Kinda pissed off because I was really looking forward to a road trip with Saigo and meeting other Nihon ken owners.
  • With specialities going on there will be thousands of dogs there. For a dog that is not familiar with a large show environment, it can be overwhelming.

Good luck to those that do attend.