Kenta The Shiba Pup

edited May 2014 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Joined not to long ago because I was getting my second Japanese breed dog. I have had my Kai Ken Shiro for a year now, and I have always had more then one dog. Decided on a Shiba for my second dog, seemed like a good match for Shiro, and I loved training Shiro.

Meet Kenta The Shiba Pup!

Just Hanging Out In The Grass

Here is Kenta Laying In What Will Later Become His Digging Area.

Kenta With Shiro

Kenta Investigating My Other Hobby.

Kenta With My Mothers Bull Mastiff Lab Mix

I expected there to be a difference between the Shiba and the Kai, so far ive noticed a few things. Kenta is more curious and bull headed then Shiro was. Shiro was much more willing to please during training time, Kenta seems to have a point where he just stops caring. Kenta is also much more hyper then Shiro was or is for that matter. I never actually had to "potty" train Shiro, she was raised outside before I got her but she never went in the house, took Kenta two days to figure it out.

Odd similarity, as puppies they both eat everyone else's things. Both have eaten my sisters headphones exclusively.

All that being said, Kenta is much more loving and cuddly then Shiro. He also seems to be much more independent. Where Shiro stays glued to me, Kenta wanders off a ways before scurrying back. He is still a very young puppy, so I am only comparing him to Shiro at that age. I hope I didn't come off negative to either dog, I love both of them. Just some stepping back and looking at the two.

Comments

• Kenta is so cute!
  • Adorable puppy!
  • aw! great dogs! Your mom's dog reminds me of my Reilly. Congratulations on your new puppy!
  • What a cute Shiba puppy! Congrats on the new addition! :)
  • Kenta is so cute! I've the black and tan shibas. Do Shiro and Kenta play together? Any chance you have some video of it? I bet that would be cute overload.
  • So cute! I have a Shiba and a Kai as well and it was like you were describing my ladies! They do have different personalities and I love both of mine, but I've noticed I have to love them differently. Is that what you're noticing as well?
  • Love the pics. Hope to see more soon.
  • Thanks for the comments everyone.

@tmd Yes Shiro and Kenta play together, getting video of it is difficult because as soon as I pull my phone out they are instantly more interested in my phone then playing. But one day I will get them on video! I do have a video of Kenta trying to play with Bear however.

@Myabee09 I tell that I have to love Shiro and Kenta in slightly different ways. While they are very similar in some ways, they are completely different in others. They are just similar enough to get you in trouble with them!

Hopefully I can update soon! These dogs almost seem like they have made it a game to mess up my photos of them!
  • edited May 2014
    I know exactly what you are talking about! Every time my girls do something cute and I pull out the camera or my phone, it becomes a game to see who can ruin the shot first! Shelby knocks things out of my hands and Mya licks the lens...
  • So, I have separate cages for Kenta and Shiro. I made them identical, but Kenta despises his. He likes to sleep in Shiro's cage, even when Shiro decides to sleep on my bed. Not sure what Kenta's reasoning is, but it makes for an adorable picture!

Kenta and Shiro Sleeping.

• I think that you need to officially join the Shiba side now with that bundle of cuteness that you have! ;)