Kira the Cream Shiba

Comments

• Thanks @Saya, she is turning out to be a nice smaller, stockier Shiba which is what I really admired about your Saya! :)

We went on another longer hike today and will hopefully go on many more when Spring finally comes. This one was over 5 miles, our longest hike yet and Kira did great!

• Hike with DC Shiba Inu Rescue in Great Falls, VA

imagef

• love the pics. all the cream shiba looks like you cloned her. :D hehe

I can tell who Kira is she has such cute face.
  • You got some great pics! She's sooo adorable! I'm glad you guys made it out
  • Kira update, it's been a while!

Kira is 10 months old now. We went to the Richmond Pet Expo today and were able to meet @navydog and her beautiful Kai Ken, Yucca! My friend met us with her white Japanese Akita and we also saw a couple more Akitas there! We naturally gravitated to each other, excited to see each other's dogs. It was a great event!

Here are the pics I got today!

• Love these pics! Yucca looks so cute next to Kira. :)

Love the pics of Kira by the white akita.
  • @dragonfly - weird question but is your shikoku the one in the red harness? did you guys happen to go to the NIPPO show in Toledo last year? If so, I think I have video of your pup playing crazily while my dogs watch on in skepticism!
  • That's a good looking bunch of NK!
  • Is that brindle beauty passing out the ear kisses Cayenne? :D

Yucca looks so grown up now, and Kira looks very happy!
  • edited May 2014
    @violet_in_seville - Yes, kiyoshi is the one in the red harness. But we were not at the NIPPO show last year, he's only 8 months old, I only just got him nov. of last year. Sounds like a funny video though lol

Yucca and Kira are super cute together :)
  • I absolutely love Kira! She is so sweet! These are good pictures. Cayenne is actually with my mother for a bit. I dont like my mom living alone in the area she is in so Cayenne spends a few months protecting her
  • Thank you @WhoBitMe, @WrylyBrindle, @Dragonfly, and @NavyDog - Kira and Yucca got along great and their demeanors were so similar! Although it sounds like Kira is a little more affectionate than her... I really want to have a Kai Ken now!

The brindle pit-mix licking Kira's ears is Buddy (the white Akita's) "sister" :)
  • edited May 2014
    Yes Yucca is definitely not the affectionate type though she does have her own way of showing it. She's more like a cat. Most of the time she graces you with her presence but once in a while she will come over and rub against you, roll on your face, or lick you. I've heard that many Kai are major cuddle bugs so it's the luck of the draw I guess. I actually like her aloofness, my other dog is very emotional and will mope if she doesn't get enough attention. I think Shiba and Kai go really well together
  • Happy Mother's Day to all the Dog Moms out there!

I took Kira on a Mother's Day pack hike and wanted to share the amazing day that we had together! I'm so proud to be Kira's Dog Mom!

Here are Kira's "siblings"

The cuteness that I woke up to this morning

Our new nearby spot for swimming, only 5 miles from home!

Oh, did I mention that Kira officially has a new boyfriend?

• What a good HuMom you are! I look toward to meeting Kira on Saturday at K9 Karnival.
  • I really like that first picture!!
  • Thank you so much @tmd - Kira is my sun and stars, I plan everything around her and sometimes wonder if my boyfriend feels neglected... :)) I can't wait until the K9 Karnival, it will be awesome to meet you!

@NavyDog - I can't wait to get some Yucca loving again next weekend ;)
  • She's so cute. :)
  • I love Kira pictures! :D
  • @kira_inu, I do the same thing. I like to do everything with my dogs & go to dog events but I think Marcos feels like he's getting dragged to them
  • It's the fate of us dog lovers who love our put-up-with-ers. My wife, I'm sure feels the same way sometimes. She's always game to go do something, but I know a dog event isn't at the top of her list. She puts up with it because she loves me, just like I put up with going to a Richmond Squirrels game (which turned out to be a double header 8-}) yesterday because I love her and that's what she wants to do. Found out though that this Tuesday is Bark in the Park, so we're actually going to see a game with Hanzo :)) It's a rare couple where both partners wear even the metaphorical sweatshirt with their dog's face on it. Most of the time it's one or the other compromising.
  • My boyfriend and I took Kira to the K-9 Karnival at Mt. Trashmore on Saturday, May 17th and got to see a lot of the forum members and their furbabies! I will tag some of you so that you can see the pictures that I got of your pups! @tmd @Dragonfly @NavyDog

I'm convinced that Kira is just as smitten with Yucca as I am!

Shibas can be Therapy Dogs!!!

A beautiful sweet female Akita for adoption who loved Kira.

My boyfriend got some group shots of us! :)

WP_20140517_10_32_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20140517_10_32_18_Pro.jpg

Kira was being Miss GrowlyPants so we left early and she slept all the way home...

• It was so cute when Kira recognized Yucca and came right up to her. Your girl is such a sweetie!
  • Aww! Poor Miss Growly Pants. Tell her she better get over that before this weekend! :-D
  • This past weekend, Kira enjoyed her camping trip! She enjoyed it so much, we are going again this fall! Kira's favorite spot to sleep is in the sleeping bag with me at my feet! :)

• Camping Kira is so cute! Gosh, she's adorable. I'm glad she liked camping. I think Meitou would like camping as long as it wasn't with strangers, but I'm kind of afraid of camping.

That second photo is gorgeous. I love me some cloudy blue sky like that. Love clouds.
  • Very cool! Where was that? It's neat she still respects the expen, must be nice to be able to have her in that at the campground.
  • @tmd - We were at the Virginia Mountain Bike festival at the Stokesville campground in the GWNF. It was an awesome time and I even managed to convince @Kira_Inu to do some mountain biking (and she did great!) while we were up there. :-D

There are tons of great hiking spots out that way, and it is probably only an hour and a half from you guys. Let me know if you are interested in some more info about the area (Shenandoah Mountain).
  • Wow. Camping with other Shiba owners. That must have been fun! Did you encounter any wildlife that sparked Kira's attention?
  • Thanks everyone! Bella & Nola are determined to turn Kira into a watchdog, she was definitely more protective than she normally is.

Kira is generally undaunted by most things, except for bugs. She loves to chase them. Sunyata's dogs were the same, they attacked flies the whole weekend!