Introducing Haruki

edited April 2014 in Akita (秋田犬)
Hey everyone, yesterday my partner and i picked up our JA puppy 'Haruki'.
She is a brindle, and has a very confident and outgoing temperament.
We spent time with all the breeders dogs, and every single one has an amazing temperament.

Meeting their dogs was also the first time meeting JAs in person. It was one of the best experiences, we were blown away by the presence these dogs have, it was out of this world.

We will be attending our first show on the 10th of May, and she is doing really well with her training. We cant wait to represent the JA breed in Australia :-)

I cant put pictures up until i am in my computer, but ill be sure to keep it updated :-)

She will be joining our family of 4 Shiba Inu (although she will only be integrated with the two youngest Shibas, As the other two are pretty intolerant).

Be sure to watch this space for pics!

Comments

• Congrats on the newpuppy. Please post lots of photos when you get her. Australia is starting to get involved with the Japanese Akita. They just applied for membership in the World Union of Akita Clubs.
  • Thats excellent news. I am excited to show her and help build awareness of the breed here in Australia (im in South Australia- she will be the 2nd JA in this part of the country). Id like to be more involved in establishing the breed in the country- it is a very exciting journey :-)
  • excited for you can't wait to see pictures
  • woo can't wait to see pictures. I'm assuming that Haruki is from Rollie. if so she is half sister to my Eris and will also be related via her dam as well.
  • Yes Haruki is from Rollie :-) is Hanzo the sire of Eris? Haruki is a solid pup, much like her mum i think :-)
  • Yes hanzo is Eris sire and Pumpkin is her granddam and Blu her auntie. so they are related from both sides. Eris is huge a very big bitch probably one of the biggest in the show ring in the UK at the moment. i love her size just need her head to catch up with the rest of her now lol
  • Haruki and Suma investigating the yard together - little rat bags loved running around in tha rain!

imagephoto DSCN0023_zps2f7c2b95.jpg
  • Sorry pictures arent great- havent had much time to take some good ones. We got stranded 14 hours away from home because of car troubles so a 3 day trip to pick her up turned into a 6 day trip and then when we finally got home she decided that 3am was a more appropriate bed time!
  • awww so cute...
  • Awwww she's adorable! Congrats on finally getting her :)
  • She is adorable! Congrats and keep us updated on how she does at the show. :)
  • She is lovely, hope she as settled in well. You will have lots of fun with her.
  • some more SPAM!
    The first one is Haruki and Suma (excuse Suma's coat- she is blowing it for the first time and it is never ending!)
    photo DSCN0087_zps5013c100.jpg

Kenji and Haruki
    photo DSCN0082_zps7f7910c3.jpg

Kenji
    photo DSCN0102_zps385f5315.jpg

Haruki
    photo DSCN0104_zps44b74ca2.jpg

photo DSCN0096_zps17832445.jpg

Kenji and Suma
    photo DSCN0113_zps81f0cc83.jpg

I need to get some new pics of our other two Shibas, Koyuki and Takeo.. Poor things probably feel a bit left out- theres just so many photos to sort through!
  • Aww I love the last one :)
  • What beautiful dogs! I really like that b/t shiba! Stunning!
  • He is isnt he ;-) he is a typical naughty Shiba though! He knows he is good looking too- if he sees someone even slightly looking in his direction he will strut, then stop and stare at them until they acknowledge him. Then he turns away and completely ignores them! ( i love that about him haha saves me having to talk to people :P )
  • Haha, he knows he's handsome.
  • Haruki is so cute! And Kenji and Suma are beautiful. You have a nice family of super cool dogs. I think it would be great to see pictures of the other two Shibas, too. :)
  • Ill post some pics of the other two when i can get onto photobucket :-)
  • Great looking family you have!
  • photo DSCN0135_zps6272d72e.jpg
    Koyuki and Takeo spending a bit of time in the runs today. This way they can safely get used to having yet another crazy puppy around. They can see her and watch her interact with the other two without her stressing them out. When they are inside they get annoyed with hearing the rough play and carry on a bit because they dont know whats going on. So by having them in the run they can all see eachother and 'talk' to eachother with no risk of getting into a fight.

photo DSCN0153_zpsd516831e.jpg
    Cheeky Haruki snuck up on my daughter!! poor girl!

photo DSCN0145_zps040989d2.jpg

I love how their colours look when they are next to eachother- and i love watching them play :P
  • Awww, she's helping with grooming! What a helpful girl!
  • So cute! I like how she's a darker brindle, its very pretty coloring
  • So funny Haruki with your daughter.

Saya used to do that if you lay on the ground she'd go for your hair it's nuts. Luckily she outgrew that phase.
  • Oh my gosh I love her. I wish I could find a good JA breeder in the USA.
  • some more spam! I cannot believe she was the same size as little Suma when we got her, now she is huge!!!
    imageHaruki and Suma photo DSCN0317_zpsb1bdff0e.jpg

imagephoto DSCN0311_zpscf53c800.jpg