KIBA PICS 09/21/2015

13»

Comments

• Is this Yum Yum and Rio's pup?
  • We will be breeding Hello Kitty to Rio this spring if all goes according to plan.
  • He is adorable.

I was feeding my JA pup origen puppy food too. However, it was a little too rich I guess (protien%). Also, once he started teething the food augmented any odors he had... : ( I found he does much better on ACANA (same company makes the food, but lower protein count). I was actually told by another member from this forum.
  • edited February 2014
    I was told that Finnish Lapphunds should be about as many pounds as they are weeks old at that age, and they're similar in size to Kai--so like others have said, I think he's just fine! He looks to be at a good weight from the pictures. Very cute pup!
  • edited February 2014
    Hi everyone, it's been a while that i have not updated kiba's pictures. He is 14 weeks old now and weighs 16 lbs. Here are some shots and a short video i took couple days ago.

I really had no idea why I took this picture on Valentines Day... Sexy butt...I guess?
    photo 20140214_120504.jpg

Front yard!
    photo 20140214_120718.jpg

photo 20140214_120657.jpg

On My Bed!
    photo 20140215_155626.jpg

photo 20140215_155904.jpg

Last but not least, A video clip that I took last week.

Thank you for viewing, Everyone!
  • Kiba is a very good looking boy. In fact I think Nero may be his brother!

LMAO @ 'sexy butt'

Funny thing is that was one of my wife's questions when I mentioned Kai's. Once we narrowed in on breeds and started looking at Akitas she liked the way their tails curled and their how their 'booties' looked. I'm not sure why that was important but I'm just fine with that remaining one of the few mysteries in our relationship.
  • HI Valkyrii, was Nero born october 11th 2013? If so, Nero is indeed Kiba's brother lol
  • I love when he jumps for the bird! :)

• edited February 2014
    @Paradise maybe not then. My paperwork shows Nero as 11/10/2013 and Kiba looks a slight bit older. Either way GREAT PUPPIES! :D
  • Oh my, i love the video of him!! too cute! ^_^
  • Kiba is cute looking pup!! Any updated pictures or videos? Also, @Valkyrii are you maybe reading the date incorrectly. Is it day/month/year in which case both Nero and Kiba are the same age?
  • @tmd LOL I actually re-looked at it several times. I did email Marian to check if one was a typo (no answer yet) however Kiba does appear larger and easily a month older when comparing photos on the same date.
  • Ah, fair enough. Even so, they are both very cute!
  • Hi Valkyrii, Infact, Kiba IS Nero's brother. As of now Kiba is 22lbs give or take. He is growing in a very steady rate. Even though he appears to be a bit larger and older than Nero, They are actually brothers. I was going to pick Nero at first but my parents wants Kiba so I took Kiba. LOL

@tmd hi! Kiba is doing fine, I will upload more pictures and video of him this weekend :D
  • edited March 2014
    @Paradise so very cool to know. I only have one video so far of Nero....humping his bed. I think I won't post that one LMAO

Yes, MORE pics of Kiba!!!

So that means Kiba's parents were Rio and Yum Yum?

• edited March 2014
    @Valkyrii Yup. They are Kiba's parents. hehe. You should post it here. Kiba humped my leg too. I will take a video of that when I have a chance LOL.
  • Hello everyone, It's been a while since my last update on Kiba. Here are more pictures and a short video of him playing with a basketball today. He is 14 inches tall and weights 22.5 lbs right now. Is he on the right track? can anyone guess how big he will get based on his measurement right now? Thank you very much

photo 20140322_163024.jpg

photo 20140324_193608.jpg

photo 20140322_162950.jpg

And a short video
  • Kiba is so cute! I'm still amazed at how different he looks from Nero. Kiba is longer, taller and leaner whereas Nero appears broader and stockier.
  • OH my goodness. The little one's growing :) And is so playful and cute! Love the pics and the video!
  • @Valkyrii thanks you. I know right, I talked to Mrs. Campbell yesterday and she said that growth rate can be vary among puppies even if they are from the same parents. However, Rio was a late boomer so I think Nero has his slow growing genes

@mdokic thank you very much. He has grown so much in the past 3 months.

Here are pictures that I just took couple of minutes ago. He was begging for food lol

I see food in your hands, sir!
    photo 20140326_132312.jpg

May I have a piece, please?
    photo ebcab62f-4cc6-4e0f-9ed7-71a4cd616afe.jpg

OK! OK! I will let you take a picture of my face. I better have my treat for this pose! :D
    photo 4d8b19be-1032-4084-8ccc-a0bd2a487cc9.jpg

Fantastic babe!
    photo 0728e00a-b178-45d3-a235-681cc7d5baaa.jpg

A short video!

Thanks everyone for viewing
  • HA well at least they the same OMGGIVEMEATREAT look!
  • Kiba is so cute!
  • AWWEE!! In some of those, he reminds me of when my Kona was little ^_^
  • Hi everyone. Kiba is 20 weeks old today and he weighs 24 lbs. We spent time at the beach and I took some pictures of him. He was doing good off leash, I walked him for about 20 mins and then I let him roam freely for about 45 minutes. Here we go

Breakfast
    photo IMG_8440-11.jpg
    photo IMG_73211.jpg

At the beach
    photo 20140330_154338.jpg
    photo 20140330_154321.jpg

after having fun at the beach
    photo 20140330_190906-1.jpg

Here is a video of us playing. Please turn your volume down for the video. Thanks!!!

Thank you everyone for viewing!

• Love these pics :). Thanks for sharing.
  • Ooh Kiba is so cute ! I love the running at the beach !! Thanks to show us !
  • Love the pics he's grown so much. :)
  • edited September 2015
    Hello Everyone, It has been a while since my last update on Kiba. I was so busy lately and finally, I have a chance to take picture of my boy. He is right now at 19 inches tall and weighs roughly 36 lbs. He is still growing right now and I do not know when he will reach his adult size. I thought that all Kai Ken stop growing taller at 12 months old but Kiba grew 1 inch in the past 9 months. Any thoughts? I really don't know what is going on right now but he looks more mature now and here are the pictures ( 1 year and 9 months old):

photo DSC_0283_zps5sjmtyku.jpg

photo DSC_0277_zpscztrkllv.jpg

photo DSC_0290_zps1i0dyntr.jpg