What is he doing?

edited January 2014 in Behavior & Training
Katana does this odd thing where he will scooch his butt up to another dog, put his ears back and get this funny look on his face, then put one (or both!) back foot up on the other dog's head. He's even tried to do it to me a few times...
Here is a craptastic video:

I have never seen any other dog do this before, and have never read about it. Anybody got a clue what me might be trying to accomplish?

Comments

• Looks like he's trying to get his leg up over the other dog's face to present his junk for sniffing/licking. My boy doesn't do exactly this, but he does walk over and streeeeeetch on top of the girls when they're lying on the floor to put his manhood right in front of their eyes and nose.
  • Ike sides up to the other dogs like this as well (minus the leg lifting). He wants them to clean him (or at least he doesn't mind that they do).
  • Huh, silly boys. This is actually a bad thing to do to Conker, it's a possible way to get castrated...
  • He wants his junk cleaned lol
  • Yea yours isn't as bad as mine- he likes to mount and hump other dogs faces- as in manhood out in full throttle lol. He never goes for the back. Just the face!!! Oh and only the males. He has never tried to mount a female. So embarrassing at the dog park.
  • Kishin does this a lot - presents his junk to younger males and females. It seems a bit "forward" to me - like every young or female dog wants to see Kishin's junk? I don't think so buddy. You're nice looking and all, but come on... jeez.
  • Welcome to the world of Katana, where nothing is boring or normal.
  • So funny.

Bella my female boxer does this she loves having her belly rubbed if your feet is in the air while on the couch she will try to aim her belly over the foot to get a belly scratch. can be annoying I usually pet her, but most times I ignore her and she walks of. lol
  • I feel a lot of behaviors that begin with presenting hind end to dog's face are to initiate play. Probably not all, but a good amount. I see it a lot where I work with about 50-60 dogs a day, and my hypothesis is that it's pushy enough to get your point across and semi-annoying enough to get a reaction, yet "safe" because that end has no teeth or eyes. I will see dogs back up to other dogs who are laying down, and calmly begin sitting on them or placing one or both hind feet on their body, the other dog either walks away or reacts from annoyance and it becomes play.