Yamabushi no Kimber -- Update and Snow Fun 2-8-16

Comments

• I.WANT.A.TINY.KAI.GIRLY!!!! So freakin cute!
  • @Hinata23 I.WANT.A.MACHO.KAI.GUY!!! We just complete each other...you've got studly mister gorodito, and ive got my peanuts. xP

Given how small they are, they fit into a tiny space nicely lol ;)
    I love them..so much. Like I said, I couldn't have planned this...we *planned* on getting a boy, but the priority was a buddy for Kona, and Kimber just grew into the perfect compliment to Kona. Literally couldn't have done it if I tried...they were meant to be together I think :)
  • lol Goro has a thing for small ladies... too bad they're both his siblings! I'm so glad they are so perfect with each other! I love when that happens! Kai rock!
  • Kimber looks so beautiful grown up.
  • Kai DO rock @Hinata23! And thank you @Saya, she's becoming a lady ;)
  • Kimber is doing VERY very well...I'm surprised with what a calm and chill dog she became, as much of a little hellion she was as a puppy. :P

I haven't gotten to do any agility with her yet, but I plan to do something with her and Kona soon...I think she would really like it, but really, Kimber is happy to just BE. She loves being with you, no matter what the activity, but really does love to learn...she'll cause more trouble, but is much more "obedient" than Kona (thank goodness).

I like to refer to her as the "C's get degrees" personality, and Kona as the "straight A, everything must be perfect" student. ;)

Kimber is just a touch over 17" tall, and weighs in the low 20's. :)

Here are some pics of her:

DSC_5992_NEW

DSC_6009_NEW

DSC_6010_NEW

DSC_6039_NEW

DSC_6061_NEW

DSC_6062

DSC_6069_NEW

DSC_6085_NEW
  • I love these kaigirls! They are so leggy and fast- Kimber has gotten so tall!
  • I know I say this a ton but, I love how small they are! DOn't get me wrong, I love my burly man, but I just can't get over how petite they are!
  • I love that last one. The face she is making cracks me up! I could definitely see that as a desktop wallpaper or mousepad. :))
  • I love you @Hinata23 haha! And III want to cuddle a Gorozilla! :D

LOL @tmd, I have to post the best one for you since you think THAT face is funny... ;)

10313365_10152392184096826_6590946497179196868_n
  • Ok, LOL that is AWESOME!! :P
  • Love these photos! Her coloring is GORGEOUS.
  • Kimber is one cute Kai lady, even with her tongue contorted into a roll shape. Actually, I find that very impressive. ;)
  • She is such a goof! I love that she always has a silly look on her face. Yucca did the same thing with being a crazy pup but then mellowing out.
    Btw that student thing is a great description of their personalities!
  • @TheSquatchQueen, thank you!!! I love her coloring too, softer than Kona's (Kona's is a little darker, but MUCH more contrast, kimber's is a bit softer and a little lighter, her butt and back of her tail looks like she sat on white chalk! :P)

@WhoBitMe, I was impressed when I rolled back and saw that one too lol!

@NavyDog, I do love that about the litter...little hellions that became chill little sidekicks :) And her trainer actually came up with that one! I brought Kona in once and he watched them interact and said "man, Kona NEVER relaxes...even when she's playing or about to take a treat and is EXCITED. her ears are never off to the side, always perked straight up, her eyes are HUGE and mouth never fully relaxed" that's when he said she's the "Straight A student who HAS to do everything fast and better!" and I said "Oh, well that means Kimber's motto is C's get degrees!" :P
  • @NavyDog right on with her descriptions. I thought those were great too.

I love following Kimber and Kona. Following them thru these forums was instrumental in our decision to get a Kai (and another at some point)
  • I also love the batman and the joker comparison too!
    Never really thought about her ear set. In every picture her ears are always up or back. Never relaxed. Yucca's are almost always out to the side. We call them "Yoda ears"
  • edited May 2014
    @Valkyrii I'm so happy you ended up with a Kai! And Kai do so well with other Kai, so it won't be a bad decision if you ever decide to get another :)

@NavyDog My batman and joker ;)

And same with Kimber!! I call them Yoda ears too lol!!

The only time...I repeat ONLY time you'll see Kona with Yoda ears is at home resting on the couch, or when she's sleeping. No relaxed Yoda ears otherwise...
  • I'm sure Gorozilla would love to cuddle with you ;) He's a ladies' man!
  • Kimber is gorgeous! How did you wind up with such petite ladies? Shelby is a monster compared to those two, but at least she acts like a dainty lady, Lol.
    Sounds like you got two opposites in personality and they balance each other well. :) You're going to have to teach me the ways of taking great pictures, because all of yours are gorgeous!
  • Thank you!! And LOL, I have no clue...both were last of their litters, so I attribute some of it to that, but whenever I visit CO and see all the other lady Kais, they're about the same size (all are a few pounds bigger though), and I think Kimber will fill out a little more, so Kimber will def have some size and weight on Kona :)

They really are opposites in personality!! But it's good for each other...Kimber helps Kona feel more comfortable in situations (like around new children) than she would otherwise feel, and they do nothing but play and run together, so it works!

As for the camera, I still have lots to learn, the toughest part so far is the lighting...I find that difficult :/
  • Yep, I think it's confirmed... Shelby is the female Kaizilla. When I get back home I'll measure her. Her weight dropped after we moved into our house because she always runs either outside our up and down the stairs. She is really skinny at 33lbs, and she was a bit thin at 36lbs, so I'll see if I can get her to eat a food that is higher in fat and put some weight back on her. I would love to see Shelby, Kimber, and Kona side by side one day!

Do Kona and Kimber think together and plot? I've watched Shelby and Mya do that and it's so funny. They gang up on my husband..one distracts while the other causes some sort of mayhem.

I don't have a lot of trouble with lighting, but Shelby tries to either run away our knock the camera out of my hands. I use the flash inside, but cup my hand around it a little so it doesn't bounce off Shelby's coat and give it that weird shiny look. I just have trouble getting pictures of my dogs sitting down or just standing that aren't grainy or blurry because I have to catch them in a quick off moment of stillness.
  • edited May 2014
    @Myabee09 she likes to zoomie!! ^_^ and I would LOVE to see them all side-by-side too one day! I have to post the pic of Kona next to Misaki (puppy #1 from our litter), sisters got to reunite!

And as for the plotting, Kona and Kimber definitely tag-team mischief, ESP outdoors where there is something to be dug up...Kona will quickly dig, while Kimber waits for a root to be exposed then TUGS aNd they both take off. Lol. Little schemers!

Here is Kona and Misaki...the one with three of them has Kona in the middle, Kimber to the left and Misaki to the right :)

• Kimber got to try some lure coursing as well, and she loved it!! I only bought her one run because i though she would get too distracted and wouldn't finish them, but looks like i was wrong! So...I had to buy her another one there...couldn't let kona run another and not let kimber :/

She wasn't quite as fast or agile as kona, but she enjoyed it every bit as much...my favorite part about the video (her second run) is her at the end...she says "NO! i don't WANT to stop, I wanna catch the bags!!" then as she goes around, she can't figure out where they seemed to disappear! At this point, Nate tried to go grab her, and the operator yelled "STAY!" to HIM! She smiled and played around with the lure to reel her back on in...Such a silly girl. :)

Here's some of Kimby before the runs:

DSC_6955

DSC_6984

DSC_6976

Here's some from her first run:

k11

k12

k13

k14

k15

k16

k17

k18

k19

k20

This was after her first run :)

DSC_7095

DSC_7096

DSC_7104

Here's the video of Kimber's second run:

I think they had fun, and we'll be back for more!
  • I think Tora and Kazue would both enjoy something like this.
  • Definitely!! If they like running, they'll LOVE it!!! :D
  • I'm glad Kimber enjoyed it! Watching her was lots of fun, haha!
    And I love her personality! :D

Extra pics

• Kimber is so beautiful! :) Love the lure coursing pics.
  • edited July 2014
    Ahhh cute Kais.

@zandrame didn't run Kouda?! *EDIT** just saw the update on your thread :)
  • @zandrame , WOW!!! I LOVE the ones you got of her!! The 4th and 5th ones down are my favorite...I think you've taken the first photos that actually depict what she looks like in real life. Thank you SO much!!

And the action shots are GREAT!! So hard to get any definition since they're so dark, but these are awesome! :D