KIBA PICS 09/21/2015

Comments

• @Trzcina. yea. I will post pics when he arrives
  • new pic of my Kiba. He will be here on Saturday.

photo Kibapuppy001.jpg
  • That's great! I bet your excited :)
  • edited January 2014
    KIBA IS HERE...
  • Yay!!! Pictures?
  • Kiba first night home. I got to the airport at 10:45 pm and the receptionist there told me that my puppy would arrive at 11:32. Well, I had a seat and finally, Kiba had arrived at 11:40. He was afraid of me at first but after about 2-3 mins, he warmed up pretty quickly. He was very calm and confident in public place. We got stopped so many times at the airport because other people wants to pet him. We hit the road at 12:25 am and got home safely at 12:50. He is such an amazing boy. Thank you Mrs. Campbell for giving me a chance to have this little guy. Here are some pictures
    photo 20140112_194127.jpg

photo 20140112_123938.jpg

Falling asleep right next to my bed. He made it through the night without whining and there was no accidents at all. He woke me up at 6:15 am to let him go potty. and we had some fun as he was exploring my backyard.

photo 20140114_080410.jpg

Amazing coat and very nice brindle stripes

photo 20140112_104604.jpg

Here is a short video:

• Kiba is a cutie, congratulations on your little brindle fluff-pal! :D
  • Loving the brindle :) Congrats!!
  • Aww <3 I love baby kais! Welcome home, Kiba :)
  • Congrats! Cute little guy!
  • edited January 2014
    Thank you everyone. Kiba is doing fine. I dont know what puppy food i should put him on right now. He is a little over 8lbs now at 9.5 weeks old. Any suggestion? Thank you for your help.
  • I fed Wellness puppy when I had Kona, but it doesn't have much in it (it's good for what they sell at Petco)...switched her to Earthborn adult food later...Kimber we fed Orijen and it is AWESOME, but it's got a LOT in it...almost leaning towards too much (she would just poo non-stop haha), but still awesome! And I hear Earthborn makes a Earthborn puppy as well I would check in to. (Hope that helps somewhat) :)
  • I fed Goro Earthborn coastal catch for adults when he was a pup and he loved it. He did more than awesome on it. ;)
  • We feed Orijin & it's been awesome. They both poop about the same amount as they did before but their poops are much more solid then any food we've tried. For our lazy Amstaff, it's a bit more then she needs but its perfect for our crazy kai. Once Yucca is a bit older were going to start mixing it with earthborn or something similar
  • edited January 2014
    Thank you so much everyone. I have purchased orijen puppy food the largest bag. It costs $80.00 after tax at my local feed store. It's kind of pricy but i skim through the ingredients and ammount to feed my puppy, it turns out orijen food is actually more denses than the others. Does it sound right? And base on my calculation, a 30lbs bag of orijen would last my puppy about 6-7 weeks, which is great. Hopefully Kiba will do fine on orijen :)
  • Oh yes! That's the point, you get more nutrition and more out of your food, so you feed less. So in the end, you don't really end up spending that much more, and you're feeding your dog a much healthier food! It's a win-win! :D I bought that same sized bag, it lasted a good while...once it was done we just switched her to Kona's Earthborn Coastal Catch :)
  • Kiba is so cute!!

I feed orijen puppy too, the poop and farts are stinky lol because of the rich content but my dogs loved the food.
  • That's why we love orijin (though we don't get the stinky farts lol), we get a large bag of adult for Cay and puppy for Yucca and that lasts us 2 months. It is pricy but when I was feeding holistic select I was buying food once a month. Also I like that it doesn't give my dogs a doggy smell. People often say they can't tell we have dogs despite having 2 of them in a small home. Of course give it some time, see how your pup does on it, then adjust his food accordingly. Most dogs have mushy poop for the first week or so on it because they are adjusting to the high quality so don't be turned off of it if that happens. Give him time to adjust
  • My dogs love coastal catch. I try to switch it up, but they always give me the "what is this crap?! Where's my food?!" face... So I always end up coming back to it! Earthborn FTW.
  • I fed puppy fromm and my kai did pretty good on it. I have yet to smell her pass gas.
  • Kiba is adorable! Congrats on finally getting him :)
  • Kiba is 10 weeks old today and his weight is 11 lbs. Is he a litle bit small for his age or he is just a slow grower compare to other pups? I feed him orijen puppy formula and he does fine on it. Here are some picture I took today
    photo 20140126_122636.jpg

photo 20140126_122655.jpg

photo 20140126_122715.jpg

He was about to take off chasing a random bird in my backyard.

photo 20140126_122713.jpg

• Kiba is cute! He looks healthy and in a good weight in the pictures, to me. 11 pounds at 10 weeks seems like it makes sense for a medium-small dog, but I don't have a Kai-- I'm sure other owners will weigh in soon!
  • He looks healthy to me, too! (and adorable!)

I remember my kai pups were 8ish pounds at 8 weeks, so 11 lbs at 10 weeks is well in range. Bear in mind that kai aren't as a cookie-cutter as breeds that have long been selected for conformation to a show standard, so a good kai is never a bad size- it's about who they are and what they do! And they are ALL smaller than they look in pictures- its common for new kai owners to think they are smaller than they thought they'd be. A friend of mine remarked that kai "look like a big dog, only smaller" :)

Juno was 8lbs at 8 weeks, 10.86lbs at 10 weeks, 14 lbs at 13.5 weeks, 22lbs at 11 months, 27 lbs at 13 mo, 28 lbs ever since.

Matsu was also 8 lbs at 8 weeks old but 24 lbs @ 4 months, and 42.6lbs @ 16 months. I dont have his other weights on paper anymore, but I think there's a bunch of this info in this thread for him and other kais:

http://nihonken.org/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/8332/kai-ken-growth-rate/p1
  • Yucca was 7lbs 10oz at 8 weeks and 10lbs 5oz at 10 weeks. Now she is 7mo and weighs 27lbs. I gotta admit, I thought Kai's we're bigger before I got one. I'd never met one in person so when Yucca turned 6 months, I started thinking she was small for the breed. I measured her at the whithers & turns out she is right on track to be a nice sized Kai.
  • Awww Kiba looks great! :)
  • Kiba is too cute! I am so glad he made it to you safely and that he is doing so well! He looks awesome and healthy and especially happy :D
  • Adorable!!! :x
  • What a cute little guy :)