Yamabushi no Kimber -- Update and Snow Fun 2-8-16

Comments

• Has kimber had any time in the water yet? One of my favorites is the video of Kona at the beach, I can just imagine the two of them zooming through the shallow water.
  • @tmd she hasn't yet, but I intend to when she's done with her shots one day! ^_^ we're taking her to the pool nearby and having her wade around in shallow water though, there's a casting for the guy who did "Underwater Dogs" for his new book "underwater puppies" and the lady who teaches Kona for agility wanted us to take her to this casting, so we'll see if she likes water, and if she does we'll see if they like her! :)
  • How could they not like her? That would be neat publicity for Kai Ken, but not movie ridiculous.
  • Haha, well I was thinking maybe they're looking for certain types of dogs, but we'll see! And we'll see how she even takes to water first...i don't wanna just dump her in lol! :P She's so brave and fearless I feel like she may take to it :)
  • We took yucca to the beach on base since its private & we can let the dogs off leash. She wasnt too fond of it. She liked the sand & the water but didn't like that the water moves. Cayenne goes nuts chasing waves but Yuc not so much so we just dug in the sand while Cayenne & "daddy" played in the ocean. We might try again when she is a bit older
  • Awweee that's cool! I wonder if i can take my dogs around here on base..last time i was on Coronado's I think I saw dogs on the beach..
    Maybe try again when she's older...Kona seemed a bit more apprehensive of the whole thing when she was younger too, and now she seems to love it! :)
  • They are both so lovely when they sleep together :x there is a real affinity between them <3
  • Still melts my heart looking at the sleeping together with heads touching ♥
  • I love those of the heads touching too, but also the double Kai balls, the girls curled up near each other! Kai are so sweet the way they want to lay near each other, or even touching....none of my other dogs will let Leo do it either, so I think he misses it since our girl Shiba passed (she was happy to have him sometimes even sleeping ON her...)
  • Haha! I just love when they sleep together, because for some reason it always calms me down and i relax a little more...seeing them peaceful and cuddly together :) OH LEO!! I wish he could come over and get some cuddle therapy! My girls would be happy to help! <333
  • What breed is the brown dog on the other side of the fence?
  • @tarokun, the white and brown one is Brad and Jen's West Siberian Laika, and the other brindle/brown one (which may be the one you're referring to) is one of their Kai :)
  • The Laika looks so much like my Chelsea!
  • edited November 2013
    So I got an old DSLR off a co-worker of mine and decided to try and capture some decent photos of Kona and Kimber both. So here are a few more recent non-phone camera pictures of Kimber. There are a few shots from her first time at the dog park as well, she played so hard she was limp and passed out the entire rest of the day :) Kimber is such a ball of energy, it's insane haha. Forgive me I still have a lot to learn about shooting pics and editing!

And here are the ones from the dog park...
    imageimage
  • Beautiful girls!!!!!! gahh!! you know how hard i crush on these two!! :x :x It's pretty interesting to see how different they look!
  • So cute! The first one is my favorite, what a great expression :)
  • LOL @thegela! I can't wait to see how Kimber will look all matured! Her face is so different than Kona's, and she still has more to grow (already looks kinda leggy and tall, but I think she's got more). And @jenn the first is one of my favorites too! :D
  • edited December 2013
    @mdokic, I cannot get enough of these puppy pictures!!! I want to kiss her adorable, precious ears and smother her face with SO many kisses!!! While I'm at work, I look through this forum to pass time and I see all these adorable pictures and it makes me miss my pup sooo much!!! :) She is amazingly CUTE!

-♥♥♥-
  • Awe thanks @iLoveMyShibz!! I do the same thing hehehe...what's better than a bunch of cute NK pups right? :) Yoshi is ADORABLE btw!! <3
  • Aww Kimber is SOOO adorable. I love looking at all her pics and seeing how she's grown :)
  • God they are so cute!
  • Waaaah thank you guys!! @Dragonfly, I love your little Shikoku!!! :D
  • As I said in Kona's thread, we just came back fairly recently from a 2 week long trip over the break, through home and through Colorado. Kimber had TONS of fun the entire time (secretly not sure if she didn't want to leave Colorado haha). As she gets older she keeps developing into this awesome dog with an amazing personality, and she really is Kona's best bud. :)

Here's a few pics from her in CO and her at home.

Having fun in the snow..

Cuddling with Chase and NamNam

How she chose to sleep part of the way home haha

And some from home
  • She's so cute!
  • Kimber's face always makes me smile. She looks more grown up in some of the pictures too :)
  • She's so tall now! What a beautiful kaigirl! I love that she's such a sweetie, too. <3 Kimber and Kona!
  • Thanks!! And @wliu003, everyday she makes me smile. EVEN after she does something bad she finds a way to make some face that makes you laugh haha. She's a little goober, but definitely looking (and KIND of acting) more grown up now :) She is such an easy-going lovebug @WrylyBrindle...her and Kona have such opposite personalities, but they're so complimentary to each other at the same time.. and the fact that they have the same play styles is the best part of the whole thing. My girls :x
  • such a cute girl. @wrylybrindle--you know if some of the pics i.e. fourth to last, she reminds me of Matsu at that age!