KIBA PICS 09/21/2015

edited September 2015 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Hello everyone,
I live in Houston, Texas and I got in touch with Mrs. Campbell, Marian from Classy kennel 2 months ago. After our conversation, I put down a deposit for a male Black brindle Kai puppy and luckily, there is one for me. I already purchased a airplane ticket to come pick him up on January 7th 2014. Right now, I still don't know what I should name him. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Comments

• Congratulations! I have a black brindle too- and they are really stunning as their stripes come in. Maybe a name will come to you when you meet him!
  • Congratulations! I have a black brindle too- and they are really stunning as their stripes come in. Maybe a name will come to you when you meet him!
    Hi, i am really excited about the pup. Just curious, what do you name your kai? And how old is your kai?

• I have 2-

Juno is my red female, she is 2 years old (she'll turn 3 in about a month). Her registered name is Yamabushi no Momiji Juno. Momiji means autumn foliage/red maple tree. Yamabushi is the name of her kennel. I chose Momiji because we live in Vermont, known for its colorful autumns and maple syrup. I chose Juno because it is a strong female name that doesnt sound like any of my other dogs' names. I call her Juno, Juju, Junebug, Bug and all sorts of other nicknames.

Matsu is my black brindle male. He is 15 months old. His registered name is Yamabushi no Kanjiki Matsumori-Go. Again, Yamabushi is his breeder, Kanjiki are traditional Japanese round wooden snowshoes, and Matsumori = "pine forest." Matsu has very round webbed feet, like snowshoes, and our land is next to the Green Mountain National Forest, so it's very piney here. I call him Matsu or Mats (which sounds like "Mahts"), Mr Black, KuroMatsu (Black pine) or if he has been exceptional "Matsu-Freakin'-Mori!!" :)

Because we enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle, I gave my kais outdoorsy names.
  • @WrylyBrindle I can't believe Juno is almost 3 already, time really is flying
  • Yeah, she turns 3 Feb 1st... Yamabushi's first litter! Reilly will be 11 in March :(
  • Paradise, congrats on our new pup. You will have to post pictures when he/she arrives.

Snf
  • Thank you everyone. I will be posting picture of my puppy as soon as he arrives. I cant wait...
  • I have 2-

Juno is my red female, she is 2 years old (she'll turn 3 in about a month). Her registered name is Yamabushi no Momiji Juno. Momiji means autumn foliage/red maple tree. Yamabushi is the name of her kennel. I chose Momiji because we live in Vermont, known for its colorful autumns and maple syrup. I chose Juno because it is a strong female name that doesnt sound like any of my other dogs' names. I call her Juno, Juju, Junebug, Bug and all sorts of other nicknames.

Matsu is my black brindle male. He is 15 months old. His registered name is Yamabushi no Kanjiki Matsumori-Go. Again, Yamabushi is his breeder, Kanjiki are traditional Japanese round wooden snowshoes, and Matsumori = "pine forest." Matsu has very round webbed feet, like snowshoes, and our land is next to the Green Mountain National Forest, so it's very piney here. I call him Matsu or Mats (which sounds like "Mahts"), Mr Black, KuroMatsu (Black pine) or if he has been exceptional "Matsu-Freakin'-Mori!!" :)

Because we enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle, I gave my kais outdoorsy names.
    Wow... are they good with other dogs? and how big are they?
  • Both have passed CGC test, and Juno recently passed CGCA (Advanced Canine Good Citizen). Juno is very good with meeting new dogs, Matsu is a great with some and not so much with others, but he is really good at following directions so can work around dogs if everybody's working, and can ignore a dog barking at him on a walk. We live in a very rural place, so they dont meet a lot of new dogs. My dogs are woodsmen. :)

Kai are smaller than they look in photos. Juno is 28 lbs and Matsu is between 41 and 45. Matsu's back comes just about up to my knee.
  • Congratulations on your new pup! The day is quickly approaching and I know you must be stoked!
  • edited December 2013
    @WrylyBrindle nice, that's the perfect size for me. I can't wait for the pup to be home.

@Kuma123 thanks. I am so excited. 7 more days seems so long. I will take pictures when i pick him up at the airport.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!

• edited December 2013
    some sneak peek pictures from Mrs. Campbell today about my puppy
    photo Kaipuppy1.jpg

photo Kaipuppy2.jpg

photo Kaipuppy3.jpg
  • So cute! So very cute!
  • aww! What a cute lil kaiguy!
  • Who are his parents?
  • edited January 2014
    @Kuma123, Toshi, and WrylyBrindle thank you all very much. He is 7 weeks old as of now. He will be 8 weeks old this saturday, the 4th of January. 6 more days and he will be home with me.

@ayk i know his mom is yum yum, bkack brindle female. And the dad is a red brindle male (45 lbs) she sent me pics of parents but forgot to mention the dad's name. I might ask het later when i come pick this little guy up on tuesday next week
  • Aww what a little cutie!
  • Aww what a little cutie!

• @ayk i know his mom is yum yum, black brindle female. And the dad is a red brindle male (45 lbs) she sent me pics of parents but forgot to mention the dad's name. I might ask her later when i come pick this little guy up on tuesday next week
    It's really helpful to know as much as you can about the pup's parents, healthwise and temperament wise since your pup gets his range of possibility from those parents, and you will know what to expect of your new little guy. As a good owner Marian will expect you to want to know all about the kais, so don't be afraid to ask her anything! Meet the parents.

I'm sure Marian will be available to answer questions as your puppy grows, but being right there with her and the dogs in front of you is an important opportunity.
  • @WrylyBrindle Thank you very much for your advice. You are right. Puppies get part of their personalities from parents. I will ask her more about the parents personalities. As far as it goes, puppies are in great health condition and they are growing fast.

I think I would name my pup "Kiba" which means "Fang". Any other thoughts? Thank you for helping and giving me great advice.
  • Stop posting cute puppy pics! It makes me want a Kai! :)

I like that name, there are a few Kiba's on the Shiba Inu forum!
  • edited January 2014
    My little guy is black with red brindle color. Mrs. Campbell says the brindle stripes are coming in very nicely.
    photo kaipuppy1-1.jpg

Another " More pictures? Seriously?" Look from Kiba (I named him Kiba)
    photo kaipuppy.jpg
  • Good name! We look forward to more pictures as he grows up into a fine young fellow!
  • @WrylyBrindle Thank you very much. Only 4 more days left. I'm counting down ^_^
  • Saya is from Marion she is a shiba inu though. She looks just like her mom. Saya's personality is great and she has had no allergies to food or environment yet.

coarse she is a shiba much different from kai ken. I'd definitely ask plenty of questions on parent's temperament and personality.

Kiba is a cute name and fits well with NK breed as they have some fangs on them. hehe

Good luck with your pup keep us updated.
  • Such a bad day. My puppy will not be here until saturday... 4 more days to wait... :(
  • The weather has been really bad and the temps way too low. It would not be safe for the puppy to be flown in that ind of weather.
  • Yeah, we've had record-breaking lows tonight here in Michigan (I believe it was -14 last night, without windchill). I almost spun out three times driving to and from work because of road conditions--and I'm not exactly shy of driving in winter conditions.

So it's better for him to wait a few days so he can get to you safely :) I'm sure it's hard to wait, though!
  • edited January 2014
    @Sjp051993 yea. That's why it's being delayed til sturday