Yucca's first boar hunt

edited December 2013 in Hunting & Working
Sunday we will be taking Yucca out on her first hunt (our first hunt as well). A friend hooked us up with a guy who has a lot of property and a lot of boar. He hunts with his dogs about every weekend so he is going to take us out and show us the ropes. Yucca is only 5 1/2 months so we will be keeping her leashed while his dogs do the work but at least she will get to see and smell her first boar. We've already taken her out shooting with us a few times and she handles gunfire well. Anyone have any tips for a couple of first timers?

Comments

• No tips but OMG she is adorable! I hope you have fun!
  • Not sure, but I'm sure @TheWalrus and @shishiinu will be best bets on info on starting a Nihon ken pup on boar..

I hope the first hunt goes well.
  • Hahahaha DEF so cute!! Best of luck and have fun!
  • That's so exciting! You'll have to take lots of pics and let us know how it goes!
  • I'd just say the most important thing is to keep it a positive experience. Don't expect too much, and don't push her anywhere she's not comfortable. Just learning that being out hunting is fun, and getting to experience the sights and sounds of the hunt (and of wild game) should be good enough for a 5 month old pup.