Tanuki, brindle JA. Aiko Kensha No Michi Go (SPAM!!!!)

124»

Comments

• @paranoidparrot yes you did find ny instagram lol! As you can see im addicted to posting pics of Keiko :) I followed you back I recognised it was you!
  • LOL Marita, you do realise that Tanuki's mom is called Zoomie/Zoom-Zoom :-)
  • @white_bear Yes :p And guess what she did the first time I met her? Guess it must be in his genes. H
  • edited December 2013
    Today I thought "why not try something new" and we went to a little dog park where they have a small agility-track. Tanuki thought it was super fun. Asides from the obstacles there are plenty of space to zoom around.. which both he and Kuma took full advantage of photo 1461084_10201959952615633_1980119078_n_zps374b36c2.jpg
  • The last few weeks we've been visiting my family in northern-Norway. It's the "dark season" now where we have no sun between mid november and mid january, so it has been hard to take any good pictures :p

Tanuki have had lot of firsts. It was his first christmas with us, first time to open a christmas present (buffalo ear), first time to run around in deep snow, first time to see fireworks (and lowing it!).

Here is a picture of him from a walk in the forest outside of Oslo (eastern Norway) in the middle of december. He loved running around and was playing "foxhunt" with the shibas..
    photo 967214_10202103304879350_223137743_o_zpscac83ca1.jpg
  • He's beautiful! Love brindles :)
  • So this weekend Tanuki participated in 4 CACIB shows. The two first days he was behaving like a kangaroo, but after the second round I got some handling help from one of the other akita-people there, and after that he started running like an akita.

First day - Excellent, 2nd place in intermediate class
    Second day - Excellent, Res. CAC, Res. CACIB and 2nd place in intermediate
    Third day - Excellent, Res. CAC, Res. CACIB and 2nd place in intermediate

For the fourth day the very lovely japanese boy that was taking 1st in intermediate had gone home, so now Tanuki got:
    Excellent, CAC, CACIB and got to try himself in best male.. and we ended up with BOB! I was crying my eyes out as I exited the ring. The transformation over these few days was amazing.

photo image_zpsb7559367.jpg
    photo image_zps962931d7.jpg
    photo image_zps56c252dc.jpg

Next show will be the Japanese Specialty show in Norway in June :D
  • Sounds like a lot of fun. :) good luck on the Japanese specialty show.
  • Well done to you and Tanuki! He's looking gorgeous as ever good luck for the next show :)
  • Tanuki is so cute! :D
  • congratulations, i can understand the tears, i was like that when Eris won a best puppy in breed at a champ show. Actually i was like when she was placed second in a large class lol.
  • One of Tanuki and his bigbro Kuma
    photo 20140424_133427_zps09dd0692.jpg

We had our very last International day at the Uni.. five years almost at an end. It's hard to believe. Anyway, Tanuki was enjoying the nice weather and all the attention he was getting from all the students:
    photo 20140409_160957_zps804bb888.jpg

This is the surprise you see on your face when you're taking a nice "cuddly"-selfie and your dog decides to use you as a pillow:
    photo 20140406_123442_zps4a3302c2.jpg

And...
    photo PicsArt_1395869691985_zps24eb2d01.jpg
  • Tanuki and Kuma are both so adorable. :) They look like they must super fun dogs.
  • Picture heavy post :p
    Had a quick trip to Norway to take part in the japanese specialty show by the shiba and the akita club.
    The plane-journey went great and so did the drive after (so proud of my doggies).

On the first day Tanuki got a Very Good and on the second day he got Excellent, both days he placed 4th in intermediate class :D
    Both judges loved his neck and topline and both noted that he needs more time to develop (he was apx. 10kg lighter than the other intermediate-males). On the second day it was so warm outside that when I tried to stack him he decided that it would be a great time to lie down in the shade of the judge's tent photo P6075113_zps3e230517.jpg

The day after the show Kuma travelled north to spend a couple of weeks with my parents while me and Tanuki went hiking to enjoy our moments of freedom in Norway and forget the two weeks left of exams waiting for us back in Budapest.. just for a moment:
    photo 20140609_123043_zpsf4c62376.jpg
    photo 20140609_133120_zps2f18139d.jpg
    photo P6095629_zpsa5d97a70.jpg
    photo P6095637_zpsd63acb05.jpg
    photo P6095608_zpsd6896656.jpg

The temperature here in Budapest is BOILING, so we're staying inside as much as possible.. though without aircondition it's not much better :p
  • He is gorgeous! Congrats on the show =D>
  • OMG keep these pictures coming. I'm so glad to see that your Shiba and your JA are still getting along. I have a shiba girl now, and I'm getting a JA in august. Kira has never really liked other dogs like you said your Kuma was, so I was worried about how they would get along. This makes me feel a little better. I'm so excited now. :)
  • Went to two national shows, one of the days he got BOB with CAC, next day he got res.CAC and 2nd. best male. Superboy!
    photo 10555020_10152494098636281_207149602_n_zpse4338352.jpg

Then July and August was spent doing this:
    photo P7215906_zps0ec64887.jpg
    photo P8106132_zps100bd5fa.jpg
    photo P8106195_zps17108b9e.jpg

Summers are the best!
  • I'm so jealous of your hiking spot. It looks so lovely! And I'm glad to hear Tanuki did so well in the shows. :)
  • edited March 2016
    Woho, I found Tanuki's old thread. Update time :D

Since last time we've kept going to shows, in November 2015 he got the "Norwegian winner 2015" title, so his full name is now NUCH NW-15 Aiko Kensha No Michi Go.
    photo Tanuki_zpskmtqqauk.jpg

We've also started with weight pull and he just got his harness, pink with the word "the moose calf" written on the side:
    photo DSC_0304_zpsxutnpce2.jpg

I got new skis for christmas, so this winter we've been enjoying winter a lot more then usual:
    photo DSC_0483_zpscsndfusi.jpg
    ...lots of fun (trying to post a video, not sure if it works. Edit: doesn't seem to be working, but they can be seen if you press the link at the bottom of the big white box)
  • Yay, Tanuki! So handsome! Skijoring seems like a lot of fun.
  • I love it! Good work, Tanuki! :D