tomorrow is Chelsea's birthday!

edited October 2013 in Other Breeds
Yup, tommorow is the little squeaker's birthday, ironically she hates Halloween because them dern kids in costumes keep knocking until 6:00 next morning! Maybe she's just excited about candy. To bad her brother Monty is in Africa right now( I wonder how many poor hyenas he's chased)

Comments

• how will you celebrate her birthday? special dinner? Its really cool that you know her brother. I enjoy knowing my dogs' littermates, parents, cousins.
  • I'll give her a hunk of meat lol. She found her brother Monty. The pound tried to grab Chelsea and Monty attacked the people. They were both captured and taken back to the pound. Monty was sent to a different shelter because of space issues. A year later we were at the dog park and my dog ran to the fence and made her happy screech, she's only ever done it once. She'd never acted that way with a random dog so I got close to him and saw they were almost identical twins. They played with each other, but if another dog tried to mess with her Monty would go for the throat. He'll be in Africa for a year as a hunting dog. He's a personal protection dog too
  • I met Reilly's brother similarly- we were at the field and she was playing with Harley and by talking with his owners, we found out they were the same age and from the same shelter at the same time. They were part of a litter of 7 or 8 puppies- Reilly and Harley are the same size, same build, but different colors. Both have dark mask and small dark ears. He is slightly bigger and has a bit thicker coat, but it was very cool that they could meet up and play at the field for about 4 years.

I hope Chelsea gets to see Monty again. How old is she going to be?
  • I met Reilly's brother similarly- we were at the field and she was playing with Harley and by talking with his owners, we found out they were the same age and from the same shelter at the same time. They were part of a litter of 7 or 8 puppies- Reilly and Harley are the same size, same build, but different colors. Both have dark mask and small dark ears. He is slightly bigger and has a bit thicker coat, but it was very cool that they could meet up and play at the field for about 4 years.

I hope Chelsea gets to see Monty again. How old is she going to be?
    Same as me! Chelsea will be 4.

• What type of dog is Reilly
  • She is the second dog in my pic of 4 dogs below, and she is a sighthound type. A greyhound x stray mixed breed dog. She has attributes of other breeds that make her head blockier and her legs thicker than a real greyhound- she may have german shepherd in there or labrador or some blocky headed molossor type ancestor. But I just say 'greyhound mix' because it describes who she is best. She's like a greyhound that's been bolded ;)
  • I see, she is very pretty, how old is she?
  • Thank you. As you can see, I really love brindle. Reilly is ten and a half years old. She was a solid 75 lbs in her prime, and she is still strong and very active but is losing some muscle mass and when we hike she is staying closer to me than she used to, in fact right on trail. Because she is big and brindle and very fit, some people have been a little wary of her but she is very calm and never did the things that people hate from strange dogs, like jumping up on them and licking. She just says "hey." and she's cool with dogs too- she seems to hold respect without any fuss at all from other dogs. When we'd walk at the dog field, there were some dogs who didnt get along with others very well, and probably should not have been there, but they could walk with Reilly no problem somehow. She's just that kind of dog. I really love and admire her.

anyway...
    Today is the 31st, so...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea!!! Have a great day with her, tarokun!
  • Thanks when I get home I'll take her on the scooter as long as she wants!