Tanuki, brindle JA. Aiko Kensha No Michi Go (SPAM!!!!)

Comments

• The diarrhoea was not due to food-change as I first thought. While on a morning walk I got sick of trying to scoop up water, got whatever I could in a bag and took it to the vet who sent it in for microbiology - oh yeah, he got giardia. So now he and Kuma are done with their first round of treatment, next wednesday they'll start their second round, hopefully we'll get it all.

If the hungarian kennel club can get their fingers out and accept my membership application then Tanuki will enter his first show ring on june 15+16, still as a puppy :) His breeder may join us with his sister.

photo 465193_10152797829585430_2066592734_o_zps71478c17.jpg
    photo P5018507_zpsfac35570.jpg
  • Ah hahahaha, I love the picture of Tanuki with his paw on Kuma's head!!!
    Hope your kids recover from giardia soon.
  • i love that first photo!! :D
  • Yikes, I am already seven months old!

Last week mom gave us some nasty tablets to kill a parasite that was giving me runny poo, it is gone now and all is good :D

This monday my humom got a visit from someone she called hudad. Kuma the shiba was super exited to see him, he was even whining.. which was pretty cool 'cause he's usually a very quiet guy. So because Kuma was so happy I was happy too, but when I am happy the humans always start to say "auch" and "stop biting".. I don't get it. I love them with ALL my teeth and they're complaining?!

Anyway, here is a picture of me and hudad, you can tell we're best buds:
    photo P5179781_zps5fecb224.jpg

After I hit what my humom calls "the teens", she has been keeping me on a leash. She says it is only until I remember what "come" means. I DO remember what it means, I just choose to ignore it. So she got a leash that can become long and short.. I don't think it is optimal but it is way better than being stuck on the short rope.

photo P5149198_zpsb4c8990c.jpg
    photo P5149234_zps119a3842.jpg
    photo P5149380_zps2d697f2c.jpg
  • Ladies...
    photo P60503272_zps1dc1793e.jpg

My humom is having what she calls an "exam period". I think it means something like "short walks, boring days and a humom that just sits in front of her computer all the time". Does not stop her from taking pictures of me though, because I'm super charming!
    photo P5310188_zpsfec5423b.jpg
    photo   P5310099_zpse370b65d.jpg

In only three weeks I will go on my first of many adventures! This one will be inside an airplane. My humom is a bit scared cause she doesn't know how I'll do.. To be honest I have no idea what it is all about. But my big bro say he's been doing it minimum four times a year since he was a tiny puppy, and when he says it's ok it must be ok.

photo P5259974_zpse8a1e828.jpg

After the plane lands my homom and big bro is gonna show me their "backyard". I think it looks nice:
    photo P9025175.jpg
  • I love that photo of Tanuki with the flower in his mouth. Thank you for posting such amazing photos!
  • I love your dogs! They look awesome, and the photos are great. :)
  • Ahh! Your dogs are gorgeous! Love Tanuki's expressions :)!
  • edited July 2013
    Finally home in northern Norway, temperatures where my furfriends can act like normal without risk of being overheated. Love this place!

photo P7061238_zpsf68ad07b.jpg
    photo P6301009_zps101df7e1.jpg
    photo P7071337_zps0b3f5890.jpg
  • So my humom just told me that in two days I will be 11 months old! That means that one month from now I will get my very first birthday-cake!!! Can't wait :D

I've been doing lots of cool stuff over the summer, mostly running around in forests and mountains.. In august my humom took me to something she called a "dog show", it was great fun: mom started running around in a circle trying to get me to follow, so of course I did, and I only jumped up and bit her arm once..
    Then the man who was looking at us run gave humom three colourful thingies that she did not want me to eat. One said: BOB Junior, the second said BOB and the third said CAC. My humom was really happy :D

photo P8172674_zps48695c33.jpg

I've also been in a boat for the very first time. I was a bit nervous at first and humom had to lift me in, but the second time I jumped in all by myself. That's how great I am!
    photo P9063346_zpsc6bcfbe9.jpg
    photo P9063248_zps5f205406.jpg
  • Congratulations on the show results. :) Photos of Tanuki are always so amazing. He's a good looking dog.
  • You always get great pics of Tanuki! He's such a cutie! Congratulations on the show results!
  • edited September 2013
    Dawww Tanku is so handsome! I always enjoy seeing his pics on Facebook :) One of these days I'll have a super handsome JA like yours and the other NKF Akitas lol. Congratulations on the show results!
  • Tanuki is such a handsome boy!! thanks for the updates; I always enjoy seeing his pics!
  • I love Tanuki my favorite Akita coloring.
  • Yesterday my little devil turned ONE! He did not get a cake, but he got an extra dentastick and lots of love

photo 20130929_081225_zps4fada88c.jpg
  • Happy Birthday Tanuki! He is such a cutie! :D
  • Happy Birthday Tanuki-chan ! He looks so mischievous in that last picture ! <3
  • Happy Birthday Tanuki!!! He is just 2 days younger than Tajo :)
  • Happy birthday little man :D

and awwwww.... does he do that every morning? My Toki will put his head on the bed and be super still except for waggin his tail. I've always wondered if that is an Akita thing.
  • That is our little morning routine. When my alarm goes off I will grunt and turn it off. Tanuki will then come over and put his head on the bed. If I do not get up he will pick up a sock or a toy and give it to me (after taking a round in the apartment with happy ears going - yeeeey, mom is awake!!!)
  • Happy birthday handsome man! He's gorgeous!
  • Happy Birthday to your special guy. My male JA does the same thing with his head on the bed. If I don't reach over to pet him in a timely manner, he will put his his front paws up there too and give me a nudge.
  • Happy Birthday to Tanuki! He's such an amazing looking dog.
  • Happy bday!
  • Beautiful dogs. Happy belated birthday.
  • I was finally able to log onto akitapedigree, so here's Tanuki's family :D
    http://www.akitapedigree.com/details.php?id=76458
  • edited November 2013
    A couple of pics of my favorite brindle. He is the middle of blowing his coat. Fur EVERYWHERE!:
    photo PB023683_zps9cbbb421.jpg
    photo PB023685_zps863a7ee4.jpg

He is a pretty awesome dog. The only "issue" so far is that he will get the zoomies when we're out walking. When he's doing the zoomies he forgets that it is not allowed to chew on humom. So my arms have been pretty green and blue for some time now. Finally starting to get it under control and it getting easier and easier to distract him before he gets his speed up.
  • Tanuki is still looking so handsome while blowing his coat!

Keiko gets the zoomies (love that name for it by the way :) ) too when we go on especially long walks towards the end when I think she is getting tired the last time she did it a pet store bag I was carrying and my leg were what she thought she would be fun to catch and chew on! I've been using the go find game with treats to distract her and that works most of the time; although there is the odd occasion when my legs must just look more fun :))
  • @StefJackUk Yesterday we had almost an entire 1.5 hour walk without zoomies. Tanuki was doing so great. But when we got to the last block, Kuma got bored and nipped Tanukis ankles before I could stop him.. that got him going (but I was able to stop it easier than before). Stupid shiba :p Today he didn't zoom a single time!

And I think I found your instagram (mohaha, I'm a super-stalker!)!