Happy 3rd Birthday to Ayu's Magnificent Seven! (Nio x Ayu Litter)

Happy 1 st Birthday to Misaki, Sumiko, Kona, Shelby, Genko, Orry and Matsu!
Everybody post a recent picture of your Nio x Ayu pup for a Birthday Photo Reunion Party right here in this thread!
Let's see them all grown up and hear what you've been up to!

Brothers and sisters, here's your host, Matsumori-Go

photo P1120202_zps1f0efe1e.jpg

He is 41 lbs, and in his first year done a lot of snowshoeing, hiking and hunting. He has climbed 3 summits, won a ribbon at Nippo Classic, got his CGC, won the 'big dogs' group in a Barn Hunt fun match, and taken Puppy K, Foundations 1, and is currently in an Agility Games class, but finding it a bit distracting with the cute aussie shep girl in class. We will probably not do more formal classes or dog sports though and just focus mostly on just hiking and social exposure as he is naturally good at these and its easy for me to do where I live. I may try him at hunting this year as he has shown great grouse-flushing motivation and ability, like Juno. I have not exposed him to shotgun fire so there's some groundwork that needs to happen first.

photo P1120138_zps4ade129a.jpg

Come share! @montanakai, @mdokic (I have to figure out everyone's handles...) @myabee09 @nrmorris @mysticrythyms @knecha

Comments

• Happy Birthday Matsu and the rest of the Nio x Ayu litter!!! He's turned into a wonderful pup and is definitely my favorite kai boy.
  • AH!! Matsu, Matsu MAAN! Man so handsome :) We are so lucky to have such great pups...i hope everyone posts up some pictures! Luckily Brad shot some nice photos of Kona (i use my phone. LOL), but here are a few of her!

She's steady so far at around 22.6 lbs, and we've had quite a few adventures together in this year, from puppy classes to agility, hiking and beaching, to my last set of classes at UCSD as well as my graduation..it's been a fun year! :D And now with Kimber, it should be ANOTHER crazy year as well haha!

Happy birthday to our 7!
  • I love these pups! <3 Misaki was soooooo adorable when I got to meet her. Totally was going to steal her off of Mandi :D Happy birthday pups! :) ~
  • Happy Birthday to Ayu's second litter!! Awesome pups with awesome owners!
  • Happy Birthday! Sumiko is such a joy! She's 31 pounds of cuteness, and enjoys meeting new people and dogs every day. We're training for her CGC, but her friendliness is her biggest challenge! Haha! By the end of the month she should complete her therapy dog requirements and graduate, while at the same time begin an agility class. She loves climbing and jumping. We think she'll love it.If I were computer savvy I'd attach pictures. image
  • This litter is so much fun to watch develop! Happy birthday pups! :)
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 100_1995

Shelby is 36 pounds (could still stand to gain a few..) of Kai happiness!!!! She is still recovering from her anxiety, but doing really great with it. We had a party for her Sunday and she did great with all the people that came over! She is still a terrible thief and loves to run and swim. We are going to start working to take her and Mya hiking this spring. Anyways... Pics!

Shelby a few months after we got her... just chilling with her bestie :)
    100_1682

She got so big so fast!
    100_1862

Me holding her at her party
    100_1993

Such a big girl counter surfing with Mya! (and the ever present toy in her mouth..so cute!)
    100_2003
  • Happy Birthday to some of my fav forum Kai :)

@mdokic I still want to steal Kona ;)
  • @Araks - Im going to steal Kona & Misaki & Goro D< Those are MY kai! You can't have them! :p LOL ~
  • All right-- the sisters are here in the Birthday thread, NOW it's a party! They look terrific! and it's great to hear about Sumiko's world, too! We have to find a way to get a picture of her up...

Let's see Orry! Genko! Saki!
  • Hi all! Sorry I missed this yesterday. We had a serious celebration for Orry. He even had his own cake...so spoiled. A couple neighborhood dogs, including his favorite pug, joined him.

All of the pups look great! Orry is doing well. He's still hiking a bunch and seems to be enjoying life in Montana. He's not quite through his naughty "puppy" phases, but for the most part he's a great dog!

I only have one picture of Orry that I took a few days ago. I'll have to update his thread soon with some Montana Fall hiking pics.

IMAG0036
  • wow! Orry looks fantastic! I love his stripes...He's just a handsome handsome dog...happy birthday, brother! :)
  • The boys of this litter are so handsome :)
  • edited September 2013
    It's a bit blurry, but @mysticrythyms sent me a pic of Sumiko! Here's our other sister!
    photo sumiko1yr_zpsc8981df6.jpg

She looks so glossy, doesn't she? Sumiko and Matsu flew together to Boston, they were so cute and happy together coming out of that crate, defiintely no worse for the flight- I hope they get to meet up again! :)
  • Gotta Catch Em All! Who's left? Ginko and Saki- I saw Saki's pics on FB...
  • Sumiko is such a cutie!!! All the girls really remind me of each other, it's so cute! :)
  • Aww! Orry is a handsome dude and Sumiko is do cute! How big are they now?
    Shelby didn't have cake, but we had puppy ice cream at her party! I'll have to post a pic of her chowing down!
  • Here's one of Ginko that @nrmorris shared with me...

• Oh GINKOOO!!! Such a CUTIE!! :D Love our babies :x
  • Man, they all look great! The boys are super handsome and the girls are all very pretty. This turned out to be a great litter. Happy B-day again to Ayu's Magnificent 7!
  • Socker-Boom-Boom! Misaki is IN the room! I just got permission to share this photo of Misaki by Blake and Mandi, so now the Brothers and Sisters are ALL in the house! What a great litter of pups! Good job, Mama Ayu and Papa Nio- and Thanks so much for your good work rearing these puppies, Brad and Jen...they all look wonderful, healthy and much loved! Stay in touch and keep up the good work and adventure.

photo 545950_10103583133468653_1326272464_n_zps8eec6053.jpg

Tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu yo, you Kai dogs!
  • The litter is amazingly consistent across all the pups. Rare to see that with such an outcrossed breeding. Very cool!
  • @sangmort keep your hands off of Kona, she's mine. ;)

If all else fails, I'll just drive to Colorado and steal @brada1878 's Nami haha
  • LOL @Araks! xP I would totally steal NamNam too...she's just too freaking loving and cute. !!!
  • Happy Birthday to all. They all are looking really good :).
  • edited September 2014
    HAPPY 2nd Birthday, Magnificent Seven!

Time to Party in this thread- Let's get pics of all 7 again!

Matsu has been enjoying hiking and social things- we hosted the NorthEast NK meetup last fall where he got to play with Miyu again, he and I took a trip to Toronto to visit his girlfriend Hana, and as read in other threads he passed the ATTS test, which features 10 stations of various levels of stress on a dog to evaluate their response and recovery. He's had a lot of his pre-breeding health tests completed. He killed a young porcupine, but had to be sedated for removal of over 100 quills from his face and mouth- during a subsequent porcupine encounter he recalled back to me, so I feel pretty good that he may have learned to not bother those. This fall we are gearing up for ruffed grouse hunting again, to build on last year's work for both of us and see if I can hit one for him. He is very good at finding and flushing- I gotta do my part :) Matsu weighs 45 lbs.

Matsu then and now
    photo Mats_zps78cdfbb0.jpg
    photo 100_7671_zps974e101f.jpg
    photo P1160694_zps58a5e3bb.jpg
    photo P1160974_zps5b6198bc.jpg

and we happen to have a had a reunion with sister Sumiko last weekend- they hadn't seen each other since we met them at the airport and they both scampered out of the crate to play. Sumiko looks fantastic - she has a soft coat, longer than Matsu's, and a curly tail. She's a perfect kai diplomat, very social and patient and playful. Sumiko is a therapy dog and goes to work at a clinic with her owner some days, and enjoys dog friends at the park and in class- she doesn't like water/swimming much, but she loves to play and ambush and run. She has a funny airbite that teases with in play. Sumiko is 36 lbs.
    photo 10665159_10204907951041780_1127249713395196607_n_zps99f4357d.jpg

kisses for brother!
    photo 10665791_10204912187627692_7499417322481066159_n-1_zps5c5e7333.jpg

Happy Birthday, Sumiko, Matsu, Orry, Ginko, Kona, Shelby and Misaki!! Post up, @mdokic, @mysticrhthyms @montanakai @myabee @nrmorris @knecha
  • Happy Birthday, pups! :-D
  • Happy birthday to all the pups!
    Shelby is by far the sweetest dog I've ever met. She has an amazingly happy disposition and she is such a loving girl.
    Shelby is 21" tall at the withers and weighs about 40 lbs now that were finally figured out what food she will eat...
    Anyways, pics!
    photo 0922141926d_zpsgjtcxsay.jpg
    photo 0923142323_zpsao2yzyr8.jpg
    photo 0920141239e_zpsypydhvyf.jpg
    photo 0917141132a_zpsuexvfvxi.jpg
    photo 0912142224_zpsz9jh7uyw.jpg
    photo 2014-09-24_12-45-13_zpsuhxjjfka.jpg

And a couple of throwback pics from right after we got her.
    photo 2014-09-24_12-46-58_zpss3o2ybzn.jpg
    photo 2014-09-24_12-47-18_zps77kk6jtj.jpg
  • Happy birthday everyone!
  • edited September 2014
    I can't believe they're two already *sigh*...they grow up so fast, and time just flies. Kona's still the little runt of the litter, at 17" tall and 22 lbs hehe.. Lot's of things i've experienced and learned with Kona over the last year...but mostly, we've found how much she really does appreciate quality time with , so Kona and I do daily hikes with everyone, as well as some longer solo hikes. She's a great hiking buddy :) We've also discovered her LOVE for lure coursing, and we've signed her up for an AKC event for Oct 4th and 5th, where i'm hoping she can earn herself her CA title (but i've come to find it's pricey entering them in for those runs, so i may just stick to the fun runs monthly!) :P It is fun when people go "holy COW that dog is fast! what IS it?!"...coursing is DEFINITELY not just for sight hounds! ;)

Here we go into a little time warp!

601635_10151293835561826_1668461280_n

481886_10151307001821826_1694251270_n

395038_10151307015156826_284251285_n

486834_10151505905371826_1819038408_n

These are some recent ones from coursing...@zandrame took these shots, she's amazing!

And, Kona and Kimber are still BFFs...they're truly Yin and Yang, in every aspect.

Happy birthday to our litter!! We've got an awesome pack! :D